closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: PP 5711 discontinued how high can they go?

Blog Entries

PP 5711 discontinued how high can they go?

With news the 5711 has been discontinued, how high can the prices go for them? With Watchfinder wanting almost 70k over list for a blue 2016 is this the top of the curve?
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

There's a private seller on a French forum offering a 2013 model for €76,000. Madness.

Craftsman
    At 70k, there's so many better options to go for than a standard 3 hander but each to their own I guess

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Want the silliest prices? Check Chrono24 - £144,552 (+ £53 shipping )

Presumably some kind of publicity stunt in such cases, which seems to be working then...

There are around 20 on Chrono24 at over £100k.

Seriously, who would pay that? I thought it had gone mad when they went to £30k.

Craftsman
    I guess the people with £100K available think there's still room for the price to increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdh1 View Post
    ... Seriously, who would pay that? ...
    I think the Dealerfisch works something like this...

Aaaaand it looks like the 5712A is being shoved aboard the bandwagon: link

Really speaks to the appeal of the watch that they are able to command these prices. Somehow, it is not for me but it doesn’t bother me the slightest that they go for such prices.

Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post

Looking at that graph on the Watchpro article, I can pinpoint pretty much the exact point at which I sold my 5712, of course :-(

Having sold my white dial for £25k I shan't be opening this thread again

People can ask whatever they like, but are they selling at these prices or is it all speculation?

In any event, fantastic news for owners financially, but I for one would be terrified to wear it!

Quote Originally Posted by SimonK View Post
    There's a private seller on a French forum offering a 2013 model for €76,000. Madness.
    I've been offered a few pounds under 70k from the trade, with a little haggling on my part on their initial offer - I think it's too low in the current market - but we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by wuyangkid View Post
    At 70k, there's so many better options to go for than a standard 3 hander but each to their own I guess

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdh1 View Post
    There are around 20 on Chrono24 at over £100k.

Seriously, who would pay that? I thought it had gone mad when they went to £30k.
    Some will no doubt sell - there are a few unworn/sealed around that price.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Having sold my white dial for £25k I shan't be opening this thread again
    I can sympathise - but that's the same as lots of watches will will have let go over the years - things have gone pretty crazy for some watches in the last 5 years.
    It's just a matter of time...

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    I can sympathise - but that's the same as lots of watches will will have let go over the years - things have gone pretty crazy for some watches in the last 5 years.
    Too right. I'd be the best part of £100k better off had I hung on to three or four of them alone.

Such inflated prices must be an insurance nightmare, has anyone who owns one discussed it with their insurer?

Master
    I can definitely see a tulip saga on the horizon

Perfectly understand it has been discontinued and supply and demand, but the range of options at less than this price is staggering - even if you stick to discontinued Patek's. How about a 5980 if you want a Nautilus, or a 5970 if you don't?

Master
    You can’t wear Bitcoins I guess.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post

The e-mail I had from Watchfinder also predicted the 5712 would be going as well.

"When Patek Philippe discontinued the 5711 a few weeks back, we were inundated with interest for the now retired model. Now there are similar rumours surrounding the 5712—which may face the same fate and sudden interest from avid watch collectors. In memory of those watch models that are no longer in production, here are three beloved discontinued watches."

I honestly don’t understand the attraction other than “I can’t have it so I want it more”. It’s the ugliest watch Patek have produced. In the museum in Geneva it’s almost like an afterthought and the nod to it being on a space mission tends to suggest even Patek are a bit embarrassed by it all.

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    I honestly don’t understand the attraction other than “I can’t have it so I want it more”. It’s the ugliest watch Patek have produced. In the museum in Geneva it’s almost like an afterthought and the nod to it being on a space mission tends to suggest even Patek are a bit embarrassed by it all.

Horses for courses - it's by far my favourite looking Patek under 250k
    It's just a matter of time...

Blog Entries
    Brilliant.

I must admit to liking the design of the 5711, both for its looks and originality.

My favourite and dream nautlius

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    The e-mail I had from Watchfinder also predicted the 5712 would be going as well.

"When Patek Philippe discontinued the 5711 a few weeks back, we were inundated with interest for the now retired model. Now there are similar rumours surrounding the 5712—which may face the same fate and sudden interest from avid watch collectors. In memory of those watch models that are no longer in production, here are three beloved discontinued watches."

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    With news the 5711 has been discontinued, how high can the prices go for them? With Watchfinder wanting almost 70k over list for a blue 2016 is this the top of the curve?
    Until the pips squeak? perhaps it should be thought of as 'what wont someone pay'? then set the price a tad below that

Never found the design to be attractive. The harder to find the more people will pay.

I though some mad when they were paying $18K US for the AP dive model

Once Patek canceled it. That added more value to the previous asking prices

Doubt anyone will pay the new prices, but you never know.

DON

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DONGinsler View Post
    Never found the design to be attractive. The harder to find the more people will pay.

I though some mad when they were paying $18K US for the AP dive model

Once Patek canceled it. That added more value to the previous asking prices

Doubt anyone will pay the new prices, but you never know.

DON
    The market will decide I suppose. Be interesting to see if it lasts.

I absolutely love them, too. No idea why people slag them off like they do, but for the most part I imagine those concerned have never actually handled one. In the metal they're sublime.

A applaud those that have and enjoy them. Personally I have never really gelled with them even after having one on my wrist - good to have an investment bolstered in these grim times.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    I absolutely love them, too. No idea why people slag them off like they do, but for the most part I imagine those concerned have never actually handled one. In the metal they're sublime.
    I have its personal taste, its nothing to do with the price (If people are making a tidy profit off them good luck to them) I find them very ugly watches the Aquanaut a much better watch in appearance. The entire watch looks dated and along side other Patek watches stands out like a sore thumb.

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    I have its personal taste, its nothing to do with the price (If people are making a tidy profit off them good luck to them) I find them very ugly watches the Aquanaut a much better watch in appearance. The entire watch looks dated and along side other Patek watches stands out like a sore thumb.
    I agree. Only problem with the Aquanaut is that the rotor sounds like a coffee grinder.

Well, that and the obscene price.

Craftsman
    The sky is the limit !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Case View Post
    Only problem with the Aquanaut is that the rotor sounds like a coffee grinder.

Well, that and the obscene price.
    Same cal.324 movement in a 5167 as in the 5711, or most patek’s for that matter incl. those that just get modules slapped on them like the 5164 travel timr, 5960 annual etc.

Could be worse, the 5990 is even noisier, can’t rub one out on the sly with that on, it’d sound like your using a chainsaw.

Quote Originally Posted by endo View Post
    Same cal.324 movement in a 5167 as in the 5711, or most patek’s for that matter incl. those that just get modules slapped on them like the 5164 travel timr, 5960 annual etc.

Could be worse, the 5990 is even noisier, can’t rub one out on the sly with that on, it’d sound like your using a chainsaw.
    Imagine trying with a 7750 rotor....

Master
    I had a 5711 direct from Patek; found it disappointing. Glad to sell, although........
    .but that’s life.

It’s just as well I can’t afford any of them then!

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    Imagine trying with a 7750 rotor....
    That’s why i got rid of the 3717

That’s why i got rid of the 3717
    Deffo a reason to buy the new 3705 tribute and report back.

This has to be nomination for post of the week!

lol