closing tag is in template navbar
Time Factors Watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 150 of 307

Thread: Wristers of London

  1. #101
    Grand Master Raffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lëtzebuerg
    Posts
    25,553
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    I think he is funny.
    I just changed my mind. He is not funny and I hope the hammer hits him.
    #Technoking

  2. #102
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    356
    You guys are picky.

    Luckily I'm settled for a name if I ever decide to start a vintage watch store.

    It will be called "Sloppy Seconds"

  3. #103
    He’s got a point about the forum being severely outdated though. You can argue that it ‘ain’t broke’ but it certainly doesn’t work like people would expect in this day and age.

  4. #104
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    West Yorks
    Posts
    417
    I don’t see clockbait as a particularly good ambassador for wristers in the same vein as clooney is for omega. Can you imagine clooney posting insta reels calling out random users as nonces for not loving omega as much as he does.

    Shame really as I spotted wristers a while back and fancied their white dialled speedy racing. Wouldn’t consider it at all now. Plus their prices are really toppy for a ‘dealer’ just set up on insta with limited contact options.

  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by ped View Post
    He’s got a point about the forum being severely outdated though. You can argue that it ‘ain’t broke’ but it certainly doesn’t work like people would expect in this day and age.
    How do you expect it to work differently?

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    How do you expect it to work differently?
    It’s a long list but at a glance:
    - notifications (badges, pop up, user configurable)
    - picture uploads
    - tagging
    - feedback system
    - dynamic mobile interface (not tapatalk)
    - updated design
    - secure database
    - listing/posting limits removed (only encourages spam that doesn’t get removed, doesn’t mean ads are any more reliable (charging a yearly membership to list solves that problem and creates money for site upkeep/charity)
    - team of moderators (not just for behaviour but as approachable points of help)

    ...and many more things.

    I approached Eddie about this a while ago and he basically said he wasn’t interested in the site growing (or something along those lines) which you can’t argue with except to say I’d wager that we all come here to read and enjoy content and there’s no reason to limit that content for fear of growth. There definitely seems to be an undercurrent of mistrust about new members which comes from the ‘class system’ imposed through the arbitrary limits and avatars which isn’t conducive to a friendly community.

    And a simple database like this could be migrated to a modern platform very easily, at least that is going in its favour!

  7. #107
    Next thing you know people are going to want to embed HTML in email!

    Best wishes,
    Bob

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by ped View Post
    the ‘class system’ imposed through the arbitrary limits and avatars which isn’t conducive to a friendly community.
    It's not based on "class" though; the criteria for avatars and accessing SC are number of posts and length of membership. So serve your time and play your part and you can have full rights. With the rise in prices (plus fakes, frankens, grey dealers and so on) that all seems good to me.

    It's not elitist or unfriendly, it's about safety and community. Trust is built, reputations earned, knowledge is respected.

    As for the lack of bells and whistles, fine by me. Do I want to send someone a star or give them golden points? No, because I'm not 5 years old.

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by ped View Post
    It’s a long list but at a glance:
    - notifications (badges, pop up, user configurable)
    - picture uploads
    - tagging
    - feedback system
    - dynamic mobile interface (not tapatalk)
    - updated design
    - secure database
    - listing/posting limits removed (only encourages spam that doesn’t get removed, doesn’t mean ads are any more reliable (charging a yearly membership to list solves that problem and creates money for site upkeep/charity)
    - team of moderators (not just for behaviour but as approachable points of help)

    ...and many more things.

    I approached Eddie about this a while ago and he basically said he wasn’t interested in the site growing (or something along those lines) which you can’t argue with except to say I’d wager that we all come here to read and enjoy content and there’s no reason to limit that content for fear of growth. There definitely seems to be an undercurrent of mistrust about new members which comes from the ‘class system’ imposed through the arbitrary limits and avatars which isn’t conducive to a friendly community.

    And a simple database like this could be migrated to a modern platform very easily, at least that is going in its favour!
    I’m not a member of many forums and most (all even) are very similar to TZ. I certainly don’t expect it to have those features you mention and suspect many here feel the same.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #110
    Grand Master mart broad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    11,325
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev-O View Post
    It's not based on "class" though; the criteria for avatars and accessing SC are number of posts and length of membership. So serve your time and play your part and you can have full rights. With the rise in prices (plus fakes, frankens, grey dealers and so on) that all seems good to me.

    It's not elitist or unfriendly, it's about safety and community. Trust is built, reputations earned, knowledge is respected.

    As for the lack of bells and whistles, fine by me. Do I want to send someone a star or give them golden points? No, because I'm not 5 years old.
    This ^ i am and have been a member of several watch forums and this one is the best by a country mile and given Eddie is about the same age as me he has no need for “Emperors new clothes”
    Last edited by mart broad; 3rd March 2021 at 13:57.
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

  11. #111
    Grand Master AlphaOmega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Trinovantum
    Posts
    10,176
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev-O View Post
    Do I want to send someone a star or give them golden points? No, because I'm not 5 years old.
    AlphaOmega likes this.








    The star is ironic. Well, sort of. I do have some gold stars in my desk but they're only for those who have done their homework.
    Sometimes, quantity has a quality of its own.

  12. #112
    Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Isle of Ynys Mon, Wales
    Posts
    1,402
    Posting a tantrum on another location to say a member here is a ''friend-less NONCE" (sic) confirms Luke's immaturity and lack of awareness of the real world outside his 'insta' bubble . Toys, pram, out and gone I think- shame as he could have learned a lot about life and people on this forum. A little reflection and a modicum of self awareness would have helped him enormously. I am so glad I am not the target demographic for his friend's business.

    And, to answer the OP question - No
    Last edited by Suds; 3rd March 2021 at 11:03.

  13. #113
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Cumbria
    Posts
    2,699
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev-O View Post
    It's not elitist or unfriendly, it's about safety and community. Trust is built, reputations earned, knowledge is respected.
    Absolutely this. It was similar when I joined, as I remember a 'regular contributor' referring to blocking me for some uncontroversial observation he disagreed with, but I was aware I was a newbie so needed to tread carefully in the beginning. I think I still do.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rev-O View Post
    As for the lack of bells and whistles, fine by me. do i want to send someone a star or give them golden points? no, because i'm not 5 years old.
    And the sentiment of this for all social media, especially the virtue signallers and Facebookers who want to tell everyone how great their life is - just quietly get on with it then!
    Last edited by deepreddave; 3rd March 2021 at 11:03.

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by ped View Post
    He’s got a point about the forum being severely outdated though. You can argue that it ‘ain’t broke’ but it certainly doesn’t work like people would expect in this day and age.
    All you do is harp on about the same boring point.

    Why don't you get a quote to upgrade the forum and then transfer Eddie the amount of money needed? You pay nothing for the service provided by our host yet you're continually unhappy with the very same free service.

    You come across as the type of guy to get something free, not be satisfied, and ask to speak to a manager. Have a day off, Karen.

  15. #115
    Master Papa Hotel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Not Edinburgh
    Posts
    5,830
    I like the fact that this forum is basic as f**k with no unnecessary stick-ons, it means it loads fast and is easy to navigate.

    The only bugbear is the ads sometimes making the screen bounce but not a massive deal.

    Anyway, this thread isn't about TZUK, it's about something called Wristers. I don't wish them ill, but I wonder how their business is doing in terms of visitors and sales in comparison to TZUK and Timefactors, especially now the totally uninterested cheerleader has championed them on here.

  16. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev-O View Post
    It's not based on "class" though; the criteria for avatars and accessing SC are number of posts and length of membership. So serve your time and play your part and you can have full rights. With the rise in prices (plus fakes, frankens, grey dealers and so on) that all seems good to me.

    It's not elitist or unfriendly, it's about safety and community. Trust is built, reputations earned, knowledge is respected.

    As for the lack of bells and whistles, fine by me. Do I want to send someone a star or give them golden points? No, because I'm not 5 years old.
    On forums, 'class' is often perceived as post count. This is exacerbated by allowing certain users different tools. It gives the illusion of trust, but doesn't in fact result in someone being more trustworthy but it does encourage speed posting and typically nastiness and general oneupmanship when a new member is faced with 'the old guard'

    As for the sending a star bit - I get it, it probably looks like upgrading the forum makes it like Facebook - but that couldn't be further from the truth. It would just make it faster, mobile, clearer, safer and more popular (relatively within a specific niche so it's never going to attract complete bell ends any more than it does now). If you understand the new platforms and what they offer you'd see how they are nothing but a benefit and totally customisable to remove any childish perks/tools that don't fit the demographic.
    Last edited by ped; 3rd March 2021 at 12:13.

  17. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    All you do is harp on about the same boring point.

    Why don't you get a quote to upgrade the forum and then transfer Eddie the amount of money needed? You pay nothing for the service provided by our host yet you're continually unhappy with the very same free service.

    You come across as the type of guy to get something free, not be satisfied, and ask to speak to a manager. Have a day off, Karen.
    I'd be happy to. I'd also be happy to pay and support a forum which is kept up to date, secure and user friendly. I'd pay to do it myself, because I've been on TZ for a long time and really enjoy the community but feel it could be much improved through better technology. Just look at ho many people have issues uploading pics - it doesn't have to mean the forum changes, just makes it easier to use and more attractive.

    Understandably the 'old guard' (of which I consider myself a member) are resistant to change but who knows how many new members are put off joining or contributing because the format doesn't work on a phone, for example? And before you say 'why do we want Facebook obsessed idiots who stare at their phone all day joining our community' consider the fact that they might have something of value to add.

    Literally just trying to help the forum. Why does change have to be so scary?

  18. #118
    It works fine on my phone, using a browser and setting it to desktop version.

    What I find weird are websites which are setup for phones only with very sparse content per page, formatted so there are big empty spaces on the sides if one is using a large screen, etc. (Admittedly, even my website displays some of this behaviour, mostly to keep lines of text from being too long for easy reading. ) However, I'm all for responsive web design, when possible. I use it on my website. (Static now, but had all sorts of bells and whistles in the past. Started out as a freely editable wiki in the mid 90s. But then the internet became less civilized.)

    Best wishes,
    Bob

    PS And let's not mention groovy sites with dark backgrounds and low contrast foregrounds.
    RLF
    Last edited by rfrazier; 3rd March 2021 at 12:27.

  19. #119
    Grand Master Saint-Just's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ashford, Kent
    Posts
    22,989
    Why don't you create the forum you would like to see, and see if it attracts TZ members?
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

  20. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    Why don't you create the forum you would like to see, and see if it attracts TZ members?
    He did. It failed. He's now here harping on about the forum version being out of date every chance he gets.

  21. #121
    Grand Master Raffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lëtzebuerg
    Posts
    25,553
    Quote Originally Posted by ped View Post
    On forums, 'class' is post count.
    Fact check: true.

  22. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    He did. It failed. He's now here harping on about the forum version being out of date every chance he gets.
    Not sure why you seem to have it in for me. I created a website to show to some students I'm working with how to work IPB (software) and make it watch themed because I wanted to use some nice watch icons I found for categories. I'm keen to update TZ to work better. Setting up the site you refer to took about two hours, and it succeeded in demonstrating to my webinar how to research and set up communities. I'll close it if it offends you so?

    wileeeeeeeeey - ask yourself, why do you come here? And why would updating the software threaten that?

    Happy to stop offering to help and do this completely off my own back (and pay for it) but if people are happy with it as it is, and people enjoy trying to work out how to upload pictures etc then that's 100% fine with me.

    My experience in this area told me that listing to the members and letting them help shape the community was a positive step. It has also shown me that whilst some members are angrily resistant to changing anything, when faced with a new site and after using for a minute, they realise there was nothing to worry about. If I rolled my site back to 2010 software now those same 'old guard' would have a fit.
    Last edited by ped; 3rd March 2021 at 12:30.

  23. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Fact check: true.
    Don't forget the bit you cut out of my point... 'often perceived as'. It isn't always conscious, either - but after a certain time, regular members see the same topics coming back, they'll often tell people to search instead of starting a thread, and so on - it's classic forum lifecycle. On the other hand, it shows the people are heavily invested in the community and a great thing to attract members who can tap into or offer additional experience. Someone could have signed up today (if registrations were open) who knows more about watches than any of us.

  24. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by rfrazier View Post
    It works fine on my phone, using a browser and setting it to desktop version.
    That's what I do too, and it's fine if you don't mind zooming in and out etc. It's good 'enough'

  25. #125
    Grand Master Raffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lëtzebuerg
    Posts
    25,553
    Quote Originally Posted by ped View Post
    Don't forget the bit you cut out of my point... 'often perceived as'. It isn't always conscious, either - but after a certain time, regular members see the same topics coming back, they'll often tell people to search instead of starting a thread, and so on - it's classic forum lifecycle. On the other hand, it shows the people are heavily invested in the community and a great thing to attract members who can tap into or offer additional experience. Someone could have signed up today (if registrations were open) who knows more about watches than any of us.
    Perception is reality.

    I just improved the efficiency of your post, cutting out all the fillers.

    And no, nobody knows more about watches than me.

  26. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by ped View Post
    wileeeeeeeeey - ask yourself, why do you come here? And why would updating the software threaten that?
    I don't have it in for you at all but it is truly tiresome reading you harp on about the same old thing time and time again hoping each time for it to get some traction - which it never does.

    Each time you moan about the software like this you are sticking your finger up to our host who provides this service free of charge. It's disrespectful.

    Would 2FA make SC more secure? Yes. Would being able to edit thread titles in Tapatalk be more convenient? Yes. Does this forum cost anyone a mandatory penny? No. So stop with the constant moaning.

  27. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    I don't have it in for you at all but it is truly tiresome reading you harp on about the same old thing time and time again hoping each time for it to get some traction - which it never does.

    Each time you moan about the software like this you are sticking your finger up to our host who provides this service free of charge. It's disrespectful.

    Would 2FA make SC more secure? Yes. Would being able to edit thread titles in Tapatalk be more convenient? Yes. Does this forum cost anyone a mandatory penny? No. So stop with the constant moaning.
    OK. Calm down.

  28. #128
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    North
    Posts
    16,030
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by ped View Post
    That's what I do too, and it's fine if you don't mind zooming in and out etc. It's good 'enough'
    Do you go round other peoples houses for dinner and then tell them how they can improve the recipes for stuff they've cooked for you?

  29. #129
    Master Maysie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Middle of Nowhere (UK)
    Posts
    1,709
    Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    Do you go round other peoples houses for dinner and then tell them how they can improve the recipes for stuff they've cooked for you?
    I do.
    I think I need to have a word with myself...!

  30. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    Do you go round other peoples houses for dinner and then tell them how they can improve the recipes for stuff they've cooked for you?
    Wouldn’t dream of it. But people buy recipe books.

  31. #131
    Grand Master oldoakknives's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    17,729
    Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    Do you go round other peoples houses for dinner and then tell them how they can improve the recipes for stuff they've cooked for you?
    Certainly not!

    (But it's ok to drop hints about the beer you like I reckon)
    “The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog.”

  32. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Certainly not!

    (But it's ok to drop hints about the beer you like I reckon)
    If you're round someone's house for dinner you should be the one bringing the beer/wine. Shouldn't be any complaints at all!

  33. #133
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    North
    Posts
    16,030
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by ped View Post
    Wouldn’t dream of it. But people buy recipe books.
    So how come you think that being on a forum complaining that its out of date and need improvement is acceptable?
    You're in someone elses house telling them how to do things.

  34. #134
    Grand Master SimonK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    18,765
    Quote Originally Posted by ped View Post
    - team of moderators (not just for behaviour but as approachable points of help)
    !
    'not just for behaviour'. In my experience, if you give someone a badge they think they're a sheriff.

    'approachable points of help'. Looking at the forum stats, I'd say we currently have 3,901 points of help.

  35. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    So how come you think that being on a forum complaining that its out of date and need improvement is acceptable?
    You're in someone elses house telling them how to do things.
    My point is that things only improve if there is the willingness to listen to ‘customers’ (paying or not) and the humility on both sides to accept change.

    Famous cooks got famous by listening to feedback.

    Good cooks strive to improve their cooking

    Bad cooks think everything is fine and react harshly to criticism no matter how constructive.

    Lots of ‘bad cooks’ (I’m one) are happy where they are. But there’s only one person to ask. In a large community the only way to tell of the customers want change is to discuss it and be open to opinions rather than listening to a few entrenched viewpoints on either side.

    Remember I have nothing to gain by suggesting how the forum could be updated except better UX and content. If I’m wrong, then you can tell everyone with current software they can roll back to 2010 architecture and they’ll agree.

  36. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonK View Post
    'not just for behaviour'. In my experience, if you give someone a badge they think they're a sheriff.

    'approachable points of help'. Looking at the forum stats, I'd say we currently have 3,901 points of help.
    Can be the case, certainly. Not if done properly.

  37. #137
    Craftsman Chewitt13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    890
    I like how the forum works with its class system. I send Ł000s to members ( mostly Marcel) in the hope that a few days later a trinket arrives, that sounds crazy when written down, trust is everything, Im happy that the trust has to be earnt

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

  38. #138
    Grand Master AlphaOmega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Trinovantum
    Posts
    10,176
    Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    Do you go round other peoples houses for dinner and then tell them how they can improve the recipes for stuff they've cooked for you?
    I like this analogy.

    Eddie has prepared the food, as he always does. He lays it out and he asks you not to argue in the shop.

    The food is free.

    Some people start to talk about better food they have eaten in restaurants where they preferred the decor and service too. They're happy to shout about this to Eddie as he disappears into the kitchen for the ten thousandth time because they think they're doing him a service by pointing it out.

    Tempers fray as people with empathy are uncomfortable at the way the conversation is going.

    This is in essence social media. Fair enough. But let's try and improve a little bit of the Internet by taking the time to understand each other a little more.
    Sometimes, quantity has a quality of its own.

  39. #139
    Grand Master Raffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lëtzebuerg
    Posts
    25,553
    Where is clockwhomble_luke?

  40. #140
    Grand Master Daddelvirks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Leiden- Netherlands
    Posts
    31,248
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by ped View Post
    On forums, 'class' is often perceived as post count. This is exacerbated by allowing certain users different tools. It gives the illusion of trust, but doesn't in fact result in someone being more trustworthy but it does encourage speed posting and typically nastiness and general oneupmanship when a new member is faced with 'the old guard'

    As for the sending a star bit - I get it, it probably looks like upgrading the forum makes it like Facebook - but that couldn't be further from the truth. It would just make it faster, mobile, clearer, safer and more popular (relatively within a specific niche so it's never going to attract complete bell ends any more than it does now). If you understand the new platforms and what they offer you'd see how they are nothing but a benefit and totally customisable to remove any childish perks/tools that don't fit the demographic.

    Go join some hipster teenager flashy forum then.

    And what's a 'platform'?
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

  41. #141
    Grand Master AlphaOmega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Trinovantum
    Posts
    10,176
    Quote Originally Posted by ped View Post
    Remember I have nothing to gain by suggesting how the forum could be updated except better UX and content.
    Ped, you're telling the audience what the UX and content should be. It's the other way around. Listen to them.
    Sometimes, quantity has a quality of its own.

  42. #142
    Grand Master oldoakknives's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    17,729
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Perception is reality.

    I just improved the efficiency of your post, cutting out all the fillers.

    And no, nobody knows more about watches than me.
    .....so which is my favourite watch then?
    Last edited by oldoakknives; 3rd March 2021 at 14:05.
    “The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog.”

  43. #143
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddelvirks View Post
    Go join some hipster teenager flashy forum then.

    And what's a 'platform'?
    Do you still use dial up? Do you use online banking? Do you drive?

    Again with the teenager thing. I’ve been here since 2008. Forums are not teenage platforms (that’s a website or online community or service). Luckily they all go on tiktok and Instagram. We’re starting in an already incredibly well defined and protected niche so the worry about teenagers and gold starts is a non issue.

    In fact, a better user experience will make the forum much easier to use for people who have no tech skill whatsoever. This is a well trodden path and your presumption is entirely false.

  44. #144
    Grand Master oldoakknives's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    17,729
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    If you're round someone's house for dinner you should be the one bringing the beer/wine. Shouldn't be any complaints at all!
    Nah, all you need to bring round mine is a sense of humour......
    “The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog.”

  45. #145
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOmega View Post
    Ped, you're telling the audience what the UX and content should be. It's the other way around. Listen to them.
    I’m telling you what the direction of design thinking has taught community managers. And I’m listening but a few users in a single thread is not a good piece of market research. It needs to be opened to a wider audience and I’ll be the first to listen. I’ve done this several times.

  46. #146
    Grand Master Daddelvirks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Leiden- Netherlands
    Posts
    31,248
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by ped View Post
    My point is that things only improve if there is the willingness to listen to ‘customers’ (paying or not) and the humility on both sides to accept change.

    Famous cooks got famous by listening to feedback.

    Good cooks strive to improve their cooking

    Bad cooks think everything is fine and react harshly to criticism no matter how constructive.

    Lots of ‘bad cooks’ (I’m one) are happy where they are. But there’s only one person to ask. In a large community the only way to tell of the customers want change is to discuss it and be open to opinions rather than listening to a few entrenched viewpoints on either side.

    Remember I have nothing to gain by suggesting how the forum could be updated except better UX and content. If I’m wrong, then you can tell everyone with current software they can roll back to 2010 architecture and they’ll agree.
    Since this is a free platform, connected with Eddie's on-line store, and probably has become bigger than Eddiie would ever have imagined, we really can't complain.
    And at the moment Eddie has got so much satisfied customers he's on the brink of getting repetitive strain injury just packing sold watches.

    so, lovely oldie worldie it is.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

  47. #147
    Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Nah, all you need to bring round mine is a sense of humour......
    Not a case of red bull and a load of espresso? Some good energy for late night arguments disguised as debates?

  48. #148
    Grand Master Daddelvirks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Leiden- Netherlands
    Posts
    31,248
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by ped View Post
    I’m telling you what the direction of design thinking has taught community managers. And I’m listening but a few users in a single thread is not a good piece of market research. It needs to be opened to a wider audience and I’ll be the first to listen. I’ve done this several times.

    I'm not picking a fight here, but your 'it needs' suggestion does sound a bit arrogant.

    Some places just 'need' to be this way for the comfort of the ever growing older population, the young ones can join WUS.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

  49. #149
    Grand Master mart broad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    11,325
    Blog Entries
    5
    “ And what's a 'platform'?“

    In my world something a train stops at
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

  50. #150
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddelvirks View Post
    I'm not picking a fight here, but your 'it needs' suggestion does sound a bit arrogant.

    Some places just 'need' to be this way for the comfort of the ever growing older population, the young ones can join WUS.
    Very possible true. But how do you know?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information