closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Wristers of London

Quote Originally Posted by ped View Post
    Thanks. I’m not trying to push it if nobody wants it
    Q How many TZ-UK forum members does it take to change a light bulb?

A
    Change? What do you want to change it for?

Thanks. I’m not trying to push it if nobody wants it. Just saying it would be good to have a discussion and leave the vitriol and overly defensive borderline rage to one side! If you seriously think this thread proves the point that a simple update is somehow detrimental to the forum then no worries. I’ve retracted my offer which seems to have pleased the old guard, call that a result if it pleases you (not you specifically!) - I’m assuming they have shares in tapatalk!
    You push it every opportunity you get. At least 30% of your posts must be about upgrading the forum or how out of date the forum software is. It's like Groundhog Day.

What I don't like - and what everyone else has said but you refuse to acknowledge - is your constant whining and moaning about the forum software not being up to your standards is incredibly disrespectful to our host who provides this community to us at absolutely no cost.

Have a day off.

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Dunno what you mean.......
    Is that the new Mac M1? Those cost an arm and a leg.

You could buy a nice new wristy watch instead that has the latest wind up technology.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Thanks. I’m not trying to push it if nobody wants it. Just saying it would be good to have a discussion and leave the vitriol and overly defensive borderline rage to one side! If you seriously think this thread proves the point that a simple update is somehow detrimental to the forum then no worries. I’ve retracted my offer which seems to have pleased the old guard, call that a result if it pleases you (not you specifically!) - I’m assuming they have shares in tapatalk!
    Sorry mate but you miss my point, perhaps because you are still in 'combat mode'? Contact Eddie and make your offer to him - if Eddie agrees and the site is improved, then everyone will benefit. If Eddie doesn't want the change you recommend then it will be for a very good reason.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    You push it every opportunity you get. At least 30% of your posts must be about upgrading the forum or how out of date the forum software is. It's like Groundhog Day.

What I don't like - and what everyone else has said but you refuse to acknowledge - is your constant whining and moaning about the forum software not being up to your standards is incredibly disrespectful to our host who provides this community to us at absolutely no cost.

Have a day off.
    Have you been keeping up? And yes I’ve mentioned this point on maybe three threads since 2008, mostly in threads created by people wondering how to upload pics.

I’m still not sure why you’re being so abrupt with me and why you think the very idea is such a frightening thing.

Of course I’d approach Eddie separately and know all too well that priority 1 is to make the forum work around how you want to spend your own time managing it.

It’s not in the least bit disrespectful to suggest how things could be improved and offer to do it for them. I have huge respect for the unique environment created by the host otherwise I wouldn’t be a long term member who keeps coming back. You’re problem is you interpret the notion of upgrading as a sea change that will somehow damage the platform.

I’m only banging on about it here because you keep quoting me and pointing out where I’m wrong. I’m merely correcting you :)

Cheers
    Last edited by ped; 3rd March 2021 at 19:54.

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    Sorry mate but you miss my point, perhaps because you are still in 'combat mode'? Contact Eddie and make your offer to him - if Eddie agrees and the site is improved, then everyone will benefit. If Eddie doesn't want the change you recommend then it will be for a very good reason.
    Thanks yes I’ve previously contacted but can’t remember the result, I believe the intention is to keep things updated and safe but there’s a natural reluctance to change for fear of something going wrong. I’ll reach out again maybe.

I didnt enjoy this process on my own site, four times this size, so unlikely to get involved now given the responses here.

So you win, I think?!
    Last edited by ped; 3rd March 2021 at 19:55.

Master
    Blog Entries
    It really isn't about 'winning' ped. This is a unique forum which is highly valued by those who recognise that very uniqueness. It is what it is, which is why we love it as it is, warts and all so to speak. I am registered on other sites, but I don't use them because I feel more comfortable on this site - any other site would have locked this thread long ago, either for 'rabble rousing' or for going off topic. Vive le difference, warts and all. So maybe the site doesn't meet the techy standards you and others expect, but tbf it's not something that is life limiting in the great scheme of life's rich tapestry. Stand back, take a breath and put all this in perspective.... Does it really matter? Maybe you should contact Eddie directly?
    Last edited by Suds; 3rd March 2021 at 20:39.

Over the time I’ve been a member, I’ve noticed that the best way to improve the forum (or any watch forum), is to post something really interesting about watches.

Quote Originally Posted by alfat33 View Post
    Over the time I’ve been a member, I’ve noticed that the best way to improve the forum (or any watch forum), is to post something really interesting about watches.
    Or Rolexes. People like overpriced jewellery here too.

Damn, there I go again.

I visit many other forums using various "platforms", and have being doing so for a long time. There's nothing wrong with this forum and nowt that needs fixing. Platforms? They looked like this when I was a discovating youth . . .

F.T.F.A.

What a strange thread, some iGen comes in flashes his mates business, gets vilified, storms off in a huff and we decide to fight amongst ourselves.. typical TZ then!

There are loads of social media "businesses" like Wristers, they all call themselves entrepreneurs and sell to like minded folk thinking they are the next billy big spuds, perhaps a lot of us are a bit long in the tooth to understand the insta sales and the people that operate in that area.

I get what they are trying to achieve but Wristers! The demographic that find this so funny to spend ££££ with them must be a totally different demographic to TZ, thing is TZ is big with some mega watch collectors, some with hundreds of rare Rolex, feels like a shot in the foot from Luke on this one..

Blog Entries
    @Bob

R.M Williams eat your heart out!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    The issue that you appear to overlook Ped, is that it isn’t a democracy. If Eddie doesn’t want it to change then it won’t change.

We the members have two choices, stay or go. If enough people choose to go then maybe Eddie will have a rethink. But as most people seem reasonably happy with the way it works now, I very much doubt whether anyone is going to leave because of the software.

For what it’s worth, I have no issues uploading pictures from my phone using Tapatalk and, if I chose to pay for the premium service, it would be even easier.
    Premium service????

The fact that most members have to make a little bit of effort before posting photographs is a good thing. It encourages generally decent quality and interesting images because there's an investment involved.
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    The fact that most members have to make a little bit of effort before posting photographs is a good thing. It encourages generally decent quality and interesting images because there's an investment involved.
    It's so hard....

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    It's so hard....
    Exactly. It really is just a little bit of effort, such as using postimg. I suspect that is enough to weed out some of the trigger happy.

For me, Crapatalk, Instagram, Arsebook etc. is killing what it was envisaged it would improve. It allows lazy, thoughtless (feckless) interaction which is often nothing more than a detraction/irritation to the original intent.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by Daddelvirks View Post
    @Bob

R.M Williams eat your heart out!

Hahaha, BOOGIE! ;-)
    F.T.F.A.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    For me, Crapatalk, Instagram, Arsebook etc. is killing what it was envisaged it would improve. It allows lazy, thoughtless (feckless) interaction which is often nothing more than a detraction/irritation to the original intent.
    I wouldn’t put tapatalk in the same group as Instagram, Facebook or Twitter.

Tapatalk is merely a convenient way to access various forums on a smartphone.

Apprentice
    Where is clockwhomble_luke?
    Clockwomble*

Still here, enjoying my popcorn. Certainly didn’t storm off in a huff, not sure where that came from.

Have fun bickering.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by clockbait_luke View Post
    Clockwomble*

Still here, enjoying my popcorn. Certainly didn’t storm off in a huff, not sure where that came from.

Have fun bickering.
    Why not have the balls to apologise for the ‘nonce’ comment? Very distasteful.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    Why not have the balls to apologise for the ‘nonce’ comment? Very distasteful.
    Come again? Who have I called a nonce?

Those chaps at Wristers must be hoping that there really is no such thing as bad publicity.

Those chaps at Wristers must be hoping that there really is no such thing as bad publicity.
    Whilst the flushing of the toilet continues.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    Whilst the flushing of the toilet continues.
    That’s strange

Come again? Who have I called a nonce?

Not even man enough to stand up for what you did? You are toast.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    That’s strange
    'smee

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Not even man enough to stand up for what you did? You are toast.
    Lol! Nothing gets by the sleuths on TZ!

Apprentice
    Although ‘nonce case’ is quite an amusing insult, I can’t claim to have come up with that.

Multiple users on that account, my chums. Although I can see why you’d have thought it was me, so you’re forgiven.

Although ‘nonce case’ is quite an amusing insult, I can’t claim to have come up with that.

Multiple users on that account, my chums. Although I can see why you’d have thought it was me, so you’re forgiven.

Oh dear. Unpleasant and a liar, not a good combo.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev-O View Post
    Or Rolexes. People like overpriced jewellery here too.

Damn, there I go again.
    Jeez mate, you really need to see someone about the Rolex fixation.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Chums?

Social media chancers?.

Non credible excuse - at least have the balls to stand up for your actions.

Apprentice
    The ‘sleuths’ have missed quite a bit.

Anyway, as per earlier in the thread, if anyone wants to have a chat at a Redbar over a beer I’d be more than glad to. Otherwise, enjoy your forum.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by prexelor View Post
    Is that the new Mac M1? Those cost an arm and a leg.

You could buy a nice new wristy watch instead that has the latest wind up technology.
    Sadly I have to make do with an ordinary Mac. ............

And a self windy wrist watch or two .........

Apprentice
    Five pages and still on-going?

Why hasn't someone taken this Wristers thread in hand?

It's now degenerated in to a mass debate about technology.

I've just finished with it, its just never going to have a happy ending.

The ‘sleuths’ have missed quite a bit.

Anyway, as per earlier in the thread, if anyone wants to have a chat at a Redbar over a beer I’d be more than glad to. Otherwise, enjoy your forum.
    Bye bye clockwomble
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

So it was Ant?

Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Master
    So it was Ant?

Do you think they will get their own tv show.

Truly pathetic.

Jeez mate, you really need to see someone about the Rolex fixation.
    I know! I'd been "clean" for several days but that was a relapse. Start the clock again. Day 1.

Maybe I should buy one from Phisters or whatever they're called.

First dibs on the Smiths collection if you do ;).

Blog Entries
    I know! I'd been "clean" for several days but that was a relapse. Start the clock again. Day 1.

Yes, treat yourself and stop living in denial.

Just make a self imposed rule.
    $10 to charity every time you make one of your Rolex comments:-)

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Remember you don't live in the US anymore.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Quote Originally Posted by alfat33 View Post
    First dibs on the Smiths collection if you do ;).
    PM will be with you soon. No, really. I have one that's got to go due to incoming.

Yes, treat yourself and stop living in denial.
    Been there, done that.

They are fine watches.

I hope you wear yours in good health.

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    That is an excellent idea. How might one go about making a donation to the splendid work of Hans Wilsdorf Foundation? After all if there's one place that really needs help it's the Canton of Geneva. The poverty and suffering there is terrible.)

Most people will put a company name into Google and do a search before opening their wallet, if it was my business selling a luxury product I wouldn't be too impressed to have this thread at 4th position on Google..

That is an excellent idea. How might one go about making a donation to the splendid work of Hans Wilsdorf Foundation? After all if there's one place that really needs help it's the Canton of Geneva. The poverty and suffering there is terrible.)[/QUOTE]

I am afraid the minimum donation for HW foundation is $5000 (sorry SJ). They are a greedy bunch:-)They WILL give you a nice OP for your donation though. I think that is the cheapest Rolex and an approx price.

Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    Most people will put a company name into Google and do a search before opening their wallet, if it was my business selling a luxury product I wouldn't be too impressed to have this thread at 4th position on Google..

No but what can we do to get it into first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    No but what can we do to get it into first place?
    search for it and click on the page
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.