closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Wristers of London

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    search for it and click on the page
    If I am not mistaken it also helps to write out the full name of the company in question, Wristers of London. Because after all, this is about Wristers of London, right?

Is there a reason we're being so mean to these guys?

Have I missed something?

You might be right, it is better if we write Wristers of London.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev-O View Post

Have I missed something?
    Are we?

I think it's their friend Luke who is mean.

Luke from Clockbait, who knows the good people of Wristers of London.

Master
    Blog Entries

Have I missed something?
    Post #11 and subsequent posts to #36 seem seem to have been his downfall Rev? And #112 effectively sealed his fate imo
    Last edited by Suds; 4th March 2021 at 16:37.

Did I get that right? Wristers of London?

Or is without the question mark better? Wristers of London.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Are we?

I think it's their friend Luke who is mean.

Luke from Clockbait, who knows the good people of Wristers of London.
    I’m confused? Is Ant from Clockbait also a friend of the people behind Wristers of London? Luke from Clockbait clearly is a friend of the fine gentlemen from Wristers of London.

Clockbait_luke is clearly a very unpleasant person; doing harm to his good friends from Wristers of London. I’d like to know if he really lied about his friend Ant from Clockbait being responsible for insulting our Simon in a childish manner. I’d also like to know if Ant from Clockbait has registered here and if his forum handle is clockbait_ant.

Do the people from Wristers of London know Ant?

I feel like I’m trying to read something that’s a lovechild of Emmerdale and a 1990’s phone book. I just can’t keep up with all these people who may or may not know the people of ”Wristers of London”.

Master
    I love this place sometimes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    Most people will put a company name into Google and do a search before opening their wallet, if it was my business selling a luxury product I wouldn't be too impressed to have this thread at 4th position on Google..
    I know that Google has all kinds of algorithms running in the background that may or may not be tailored to the individual but I'm delighted to report that Wristers of London and their TZ-UK feature is now 3rd in my Google search - .
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    Post #11 and subsequent posts to #36 seem seem to have been his downfall Rev? And #112 effectively sealed his fate imo
    I'm still not convinced that Wristers have done anything to deserve this and the slight whiff of mob mentality sits uneasily with me.

Some of my friends can be real dicks but (and I'm sure I can be, too) but my enemy's friend is not necessarily my enemy.

Blog Entries
    So, any chance of a TZ discount on that TT Daytona they've got?
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    So, any chance of a TZ discount on that TT Daytona they've got?
    What a great watch! Love it! Big of fan of that brand!

(Too much? :lol: )

I'm still not convinced that Wristers have done anything to deserve this and the slight whiff of mob mentality sits uneasily with me.

Some of my friends can be real dicks but (and I'm sure I can be, too) but my enemy's friend is not necessarily my enemy.
    In essence you are probably right. They did, however, place an order for some narrow minded snobbery.

Billy_bigbollocks openly admitted to shilling for Wristers with their knowledge (quoted below), and worked long and hard throughout this thread to aggravate and alienate as many people as possible, hence the negativity generated.

Quote Originally Posted by clockbait_luke View Post
    ... Do you really think, since this is my friends business, that I wouldn't have consulted with them before posting anything? ...

Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    Billy_bigbollocks openly admitted to shilling for Wristers with their knowledge (quoted below), and worked long and hard throughout this thread to aggravate and alienate as many people as possible, hence the negativity generated.
    If you're open and honest about it is it still shilling? He declared an interest and any subsequent dealings, plus it wasn't him who started this thread.

Craftsman
    If they weren’t going to change their name before, they definitely will be now!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Possu View Post
    In essence you are probably right. They did, however, place an order for some narrow minded snobbery.
    Love your sense of humour Possu - and always delivered with a perfect 'turn of phrase'

If you're open and honest about it is it still shilling? He declared an interest and any subsequent dealings, plus it wasn't him who started this thread.
    Fair point. For me personally, yes in this case, especially since he/they didn't consult the forum owner before doing so, but I'll admit I'm hardly a model of tolerance...

I agree with you, apart from choosing the worst business name since the chaps offering violin lessons for children (kiddie fiddlers) the good folk of Wristers have done nothing to merit their treatment in this thread. However, speaking as someone who does have a dog in the fignt, as it were, cockbait deserves everything he gets.

I did have a word with my silk about the vile calumny he posted on Instagram and a possible action for defamation, but unfortunately it turns out the truth is never libel.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonK View Post
    I agree with you, apart from choosing the worst business name since the chaps offering violin lessons for children (kiddie fiddlers)
    The Omega Moonwatch forum "Speedophiles" wasn't great either. Mind you, their detractors, the Speedmaster Baiters, were just as bad.

What a “train crash” of an introduction.

Good luck Wristers and suggest you drop the PR agent.

Grand Master
    Rightly ir wrongly I’ve now formed the impression that Wristers are a youngish arrogant bunch of chancers who are trying to set themselves up as watch dealers with v. limited capital. Possibly their model is based solely on commission sales? ..........seems likely to me. Would I risk dealing with them?.......no chance!

The sheer naivety of cockbait luke amazes me, with a more mature approach he could've engaged with the TZ community whilst also raising awareness of his mate’s business. Taking a belligerent approach was crazy, totally ill- judged and always bound to fail, turning the other cheek and tactfully rising above criticism was the best response but he couldn't see that.

I agree with you, apart from choosing the worst business name since the chaps offering violin lessons for children (kiddie fiddlers)
    The Omega Moonwatch forum "Speedophiles" wasn't great either. Mind you, their detractors, the Speedmaster Baiters, were just as bad.
    These names just made me cry laughing, threads like this are just classic TZ, old Clockbait said we're out of date but I like it just how it is..

Blog Entries
    What a great watch! Love it! Big of fan of that brand!

(Too much? :lol: )
    I saw it first.

(But doesn’t look good on the discount front).

Blog Entries
    There’s often a whiff of arrogance surrounding second hand Rolex dealers.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    I know that Google has all kinds of algorithms running in the background that may or may not be tailored to the individual but I'm delighted to report that Wristers of London and their TZ-UK feature is now 3rd in my Google search - .
    No. 4 on my planet.

Wristers of London, obvs.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddelvirks View Post
    There’s often a whiff of arrogance surrounding second hand Rolex dealers.
    Have you met many............?

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    Is Dido still going?
    Unfortunately not; she died in 759BC.

Quote Originally Posted by unclealec View Post
    Unfortunately not; she died in 759BC.
    Unlike this Wristers of London thread which looks like it will never die. Shame, I wonder what Wristers of London think of this thread? I wonder what someone thinking of buying Wristers of London would think knowing Wristers of London use the term 'nonce' and think the word f'riendless' needs a hyphen. Would they continue to Wristers of London and checkout or just move on?

Cockwomble_luke, with friends like you (and Ant) who needs enemies?

Looks like we made it!

I'm surprised to see that this Wristers of London thread is still going.
    F.T.F.A.

Sorry, double post.
    F.T.F.A.

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post

Sorry, double post.
    Is Luke from Clockbait also working for Wristers of London?
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Master
    I think there’s a risk that this thread will start to paint TZ-UK in a negative light if we’re not careful.

I mean, it’s one thing to chase off somebody who got on the wrong side of the forum ‘silverback’s’, but it risks looking petty now IMHO.

I just think that with so many people saying respect the place etc, the community in it needs to be sensible sometimes as well.

I have never heard of Wristers of London
    Reading this thread about Wristers of London, I will not be using Wristers of London to find me a watch.
    There are other dealers with better customer service than Wristers of London, who would call prospective customers names? Very childish by Wristers of London
    Nope definitely won’t be using Wristers of London.
    I note that nobody else on the thread apart from Clock Bait Luke has used Wristers of London.

Apprentice
    I don’t understand why anyone would buy something from an Instagram photo. All there is for contact, is a mobile number. Is this all you need to be a business these days?
    Why would you buy from somewhere like this than an established dealer with premises and come back.
    To me buying from Instagram or Facebook really is the same as doing a deal with someone in a pub.

Craftsman
    Moving on from Wristers of London, I just had a look at the Clockbait channel where Luke makes an appearance - looks like they're trying to do Urban Gentry style videos that meander and don't really say much about the watches. I guess it's the type of channel for someone who wants to be a YouTuber - the camera quality was good, so looked professional, but the spots I watched didn't show that they any real knowledge about the watches they were talking about.

Blog Entries
    Have you met many............?
    Yes, I have.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    You push it every opportunity you get. At least 30% of your posts must be about upgrading the forum or how out of date the forum software is. It's like Groundhog Day.

What I don't like - and what everyone else has said but you refuse to acknowledge - is your constant whining and moaning about the forum software not being up to your standards is incredibly disrespectful to our host who provides this community to us at absolutely no cost.

Have a day off.
    Im sorry, but I think over 50% of your posts are to just troll people. Interestingly though, you do make some good points in different posts, why not decrease the trolling? That will leave you more time to do the good quality stuff which is actually helpful rather than stirring the pot. I’m not 100% sure, but I think just when I joined you told me that if I don’t like something, is best to move on. It would be nice if you could practice what you preach in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by PawG View Post
    Im sorry, but I think over 50% of your posts are to just troll people. Interestingly though, you do make some good points in different posts, why not decrease the trolling? That will leave you more time to do the good quality stuff which is actually helpful rather than stirring the pot. I’m not 100% sure, but I think just when I joined you told me that if I don’t like something, is best to move on. It would be nice if you could practice what you preach in my opinion.

There is a difference in tone between different sections of the forum. The same reason I'll swear in one part of the forum but not in another.

If you think over 50% of my posts are trolling you're probably not in many sections of the forum.

Don't forget a good everything needs a good stir every now and then. Wouldn't want anything to stick to the bottom of the pan ;)

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Don't forget a good everything needs a good stir every now and then. Wouldn't want anything to stick to the bottom of the pan ;)
    See, there’s a good point.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddelvirks View Post
    Yes, I have.
    For someone who doesn't like 'name' brands you do surprise me.

Master

I always thought Northern Gas Heating based in Wolverhampton made a poor choice when choosing their domain name.

www.northerngasheating.com

Blog Entries
    For someone who doesn't like 'name' brands you do surprise me.

Great, but don't you worry about me, you first have to try something before you can have an opinion, so I did.

Enjoy your weekend.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gcleminson View Post
    I always thought Northern Gas Heating based in Wolverhampton made a poor choice when choosing their domain name.

Brilliant :-)

Most entertaining thread I've read in ages.
    Last edited by j4ckal; 5th March 2021 at 14:33.

Quote Originally Posted by gcleminson View Post

Haha took me a while before I saw it - very good!

I give you:

Who Represents?
    https://www.whorepresents.com

Speed of Art
    http://www.speedofart.com

Pen Island
    https://www.penisland.net

Therapist in a Box
    http://therapistinabox.com
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    I give you:

Pen Island
    Penisland specialise in wood apparently.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Master
    I give you:

Who Represents?

Speed of Art

Pen Island

Therapist in a Box
    Very good!

The other one I remember doing the rounds a while back was a plant nursery in a place called Mole Station, NSW, Australia: molestationnursery.com

Surprisingly, they've changed their name now

I give you:

Who Represents?

Speed of Art

Pen Island

Therapist in a Box

Hahaha!