closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New watch to me

Craftsman

New watch to me

Hey guys I read a lot on here but rarely post but thought it was time to spend abit more time over here and getting to know people :)

I have picked up my first automatic chronograph earlier and I’m very happy with it. It’s a Longines hydroconquest automatic chronograph, stainless bezel with dark blue dial nice size at 41mm on a bracelet boxed with everything.

What’s your opinions on Longines as it’s my first automatic from them for years I presume it’s just a standard Valjoux 7750 without any mods? Any input or info would be great. Thanks

Congratulations on your new purchase
    It would be nice to see some pictures.
    Longines make fantastic watches and in some ways offer the best bang for buck of any Swatch brand.
    I am guessing it will be a 7750 although I do think some Longines use the modular DD ETA movement as well. The easiest way to tell is look at the crown. If the crown is in line with the pushers it’s likely a 7750, if the crown is a set lower in the mid case, then it’s the DD module ETA. Either way both are reliable movements that offer good time keeping. Be warned, it’s a slippery slope, one nice watch tends to be come 2 nice watches, then more are added until you need a safe...

Craftsman
    Thanks for the info I will have a look later to find out what it is 😊

I have no idea how to post pics but once I find out I will get a few up for everyone.

Master
    Morning; I really like Longines too, I have a Flagship dress watch which is rather lovely and as above, they offer a lot of watch for the money. I use Imgur (there are other platforms) to host pics and post them one here etc. Easy enough to do once you get the hang of (although I doubt I have!).

Quote Originally Posted by scootnfast View Post
    Thanks for the info I will have a look later to find out what it is 

I have no idea how to post pics but once I find out I will get a few up for everyone.
    I use the Tapatalk app, it’s super easy to post photos using it, failing that post image works well

Craftsman
    Thanks guy I will download both imgur and the other one see if I get can get pics up :)

I’ve had my Longines for 12 years now and since then the brand has just launched winner after winner. They have a knack of updating old designs tastefully and without extortionate pricing. They seem like a very humble brand given their largely unrivalled history in watchmaking. Enjoy your watch, and welcome to the club!

Craftsman
    Thank you ped :) which model is it you have? So far after 24 hours I still love it and have no regrets

Journeyman
    My first automatic was a Hydroconquest. The quality was excellent for the money and I only sold it to fund the purchase of an Omega Seamaster.

I'm tempted to buy one of the new green ceramic bezel models. The only thing I still don't like is the polished centre links. I could always have a go at brushing those.

Quote Originally Posted by scootnfast View Post
    Thank you ped :) which model is it you have? So far after 24 hours I still love it and have no regrets
    Mine is a Legend Diver but at the same time I bought it my brother and am dad bought Hydroconquests with blue and red bezels respectively and I really liked them too

Craftsman
    I always liked the standard 3 hand black hydroconquests Dan but never got round to owning one yet, mines the silver bezel blue dial chronograph. I’ve had a few Omegas something just didn’t do it for me if that makes sense I felt I was overpaying for it so sold them on.

The legend diver is stunning again another model I’ve never owned but would love to one day. I like the red bezel one to but haven’t seen them around for a while.