closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Miyota accuracy

Miyota accuracy

I've been checking the accuracy of my Wolbrook WT Skindiver Automatic for the past week. It hasn't gained or lost even one second in seven days. I wonder if they mistakenly installed a quartz instead! It's actually equipped with the Miyota 8315 automatic, but the accuracy has been insane!

There's a Miyota 8215 in my Le Forban Sécurité Mer, it's accurate to around a second a day.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonK View Post
    There's a Miyota 8215 in my Le Forban Sécurité Mer, it's accurate to around a second a day.

Who needs "Swiss-made?"

I have the same positive experience with the 9039, which is used in the Smith Everest 36mm, regulated by Eddie to about +2s a day. Runs better than my more expensive watches (Rolex 3135, Omega/IWC modified ETA). Makes you wonder what the value-add is with some of the in-house movement from a technical perspective. I guess the finishing is basic but all of the other watches I have are non-display caseback..

Master
    Watch movements are unusual in that respect. If you spend four times as much on a car as you did on the last one, the benefit will be obvious. But on a watch movement - often at least - not really.

I wore my Silver Archetype fitted with the 9015 on holiday for a week, worn 24/7, it was accurate to the second when I returned to the UK.

It's a touch less accurate taken off at night but I was pretty amazed at something sold with no great claims of being accurate could be so good.

For something mass produced I'm very impressed.

Have two 8215s both 5 years old. Worn often but not continuously. One runs +1s/day, the second is +3 and both are consistent. A newish 9015 does even better at 0 to +0.5 (crown up at night).

No surprise that I'm a Miyota fan.

Quote Originally Posted by pacifichrono View Post
    I've been checking the accuracy of my Wolbrook WT Skindiver Automatic for the past week. It hasn't gained or lost even one second in seven days. I wonder if they mistakenly installed a quartz instead! It's actually equipped with the Miyota 8315 automatic, but the accuracy has been insane!
    I wish you would stop posting pictures of Wolbrook and singing their praises - every time you do it just makes it more difficult for me to maintain my 'new' watch abstinence...but please don't stop, I do love looking at it, even if just in pictures rather than the real thing

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanford View Post
    I wish you would stop posting pictures of Wolbrook and singing their praises - every time you do it just makes it more difficult for me to maintain my 'new' watch abstinence...but please don't stop, I do love looking at it, even if just in pictures rather than the real thing
    LOL - I'm rather drawn to it too - it's a lovely thing!

I’ve had a couple of watches with the 9015 - a Helson Skindiver and an Ancon Tank - and both were extremely accurate, better than any Swiss watch I’ve owned.

Regards

Jon.

Craftsman
    I have a Lorier Falcon II with the Miyota 90S5 and it runs 0 to +2 seconds a day and I have the Timor Heritage field with a modified Selitta SW216 which removed the date feature of the small seconds movement and it runs about +2 to +4 seconds a day, and last but not least I have the Smith's Navigator PRS-48 with the top grade Selitta SW210 and it runs 0 to +2 a day. The last 2 watches with the Swiss movements were significantly more than the first with the Miyota but the Miyota certainly holds it own against its Swiss counterparts.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by monogroover View Post
    Watch movements are unusual in that respect. If you spend four times as much on a car as you did on the last one, the benefit will be obvious. But on a watch movement - often at least - not really.
    Although saying that, I’ve gone from a Volvo Amazon to a Mercedes W123. Double the quality for about 60% of the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I've been wearing this every day since it arrived a week ago and it also hasn't lost a second! Miyota 8203 movement - can't fault it.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

Now, four days later, my Miyota is still exactly on the correct time!