closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Wrexham - Well Done!

Wrexham - Well Done!

If you’ve been watching Welcome to Wrexham or are a follower of the National League you’ll know what a journey it has been to get promoted back the EFL.

Congrats.

Master
    Wrexham is just down the road from where I live. When Burnley went up( and down and up and down) it did a great deal for reinvigorating the town. Folk who previously showed no interest in footy suddenly became fans :)

Another this is the way the fns have taken to the new owners. The action of Ryan buying a house locally has gone down really well too.

My home town though I'm now up in Scotland.

Pretty chuffed tonight. It's been a long time coming and I'd given up hope until the takeover tbh.

My mum is hoping to bump into Ryan at the local co-op in the village seeing as they now both have a house there

As a Notts fan I’m disappointed it’s finally been decided in their favour. We had chances to take the league ourselves. Now we need to win the playoff

It’s amazing what £3m+ can get you…

Ten minutes up the road from me. It’s been quite a couple of years for Wrexham, and quite a story indeed.
    I don’t know how much of an achievement it really is, but the owners have certainly got eyes on the product. Good luck to them.

Cool

An inspirational story. Thrilled for the fans to taste this success

Craftsman
    My wife and I are Colchester United fans. She is quite excited about the prospect of Ryan Reynolds potentially coming to the club. lol

Craftsman
    I’m not a Wrexham fan as such, but I have been to the Racecourse a few times, and I am really enjoying the journey and watching it all on Disney. Can’t wait for this season to be aired.
    Well done boyo’s.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    It's a good job FFP doesn't count in the national league.
    Fair play to them though.
    It must have been a big incentive for Paul Mullen to drop down two divisions.
    He could've played at Sheff weds, Derby, Ipswich etc but chose Halifax and Scunthorpe instead.

Everyone has a number. He certainly knows where the goal is.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Leeds View Post
    He could've played at Sheff weds, Derby, Ipswich etc but chose Halifax and Scunthorpe instead.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    I think he was top goalscorer in all leagues for Cambridge last year.
    He knows how to fall in the penalty box.

Not something I've seen. Doesn't every player these days though?

I think he was top goalscorer in all leagues for Cambridge last year.
    He knows how to fall in the penalty box.

Craftsman
    Not something I've seen. Doesn't every player these days though?
    They do, but he has a knack of winning them.

Quote Originally Posted by acg View Post
    My mum is hoping to bump into Ryan at the local co-op in the village seeing as they now both have a house there
    I recall a fair bit of backlash amongst older Gresford residents when the Co-op opened, seeing it as an unnecessary development when there was a perfectly good Spar just down the road. My mother-in-law managed to boycott it for all of a month.
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    I recall a fair bit of backlash amongst older Gresford residents when the Co-op opened, seeing it as an unnecessary development when there was a perfectly good Spar just down the road. My mother-in-law managed to boycott it for all of a month.
    When I lived in Higham our nearest shopping was a town called Padiham. Padiham had butchers greengrocers and a Co Op. Tesco announced plans to build a big store, this was met with uproar. Fast forward 12 months after the store opened, the butchers and green grocers were still there, the Coop folded and the Tesco store was full of shoppers. Funny how short folks memory is!

Of course.
    Didn’t Adam Rooney leave SPL Aberdeen to play for Salford because his wages were much higher ?

I first went to Wrexham when in Primary school during a three day break in North Wales . Our teacher was a football nut and took about 20 of us to the old Racecourse Ground. I’m sure they got battered but I’ve always had a soft spot for them . Can’t actually recall a City v Wrexham game though.

He primarily wanted to be closer (ie living at) home. Which is in the Wirral, IIRC.

The tens of thousands a day/week/month* obviously helped though.

Being a Southend fan, I'm super jealous. Wish we could get owners like them? I expect Spurs supporters would say the same thing? Good luck to them and Notts County who deserve promotion as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo73 View Post
    Which is in the Wirral, IIRC.
    He lives in Crosby, or he did not long back.

I see some of the team ended up in Wrexham McDonalds at 2am singing F**k the Tories.

Of all the glamour spots to end up in.

It’s much nicer than the Spar though.

At least that’s what my parents say.

Never expected another Gresford/Marford connection on here

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post

Open top bus victory parade is on YouTube at the moment.

https://www.youtube.com/live/6bSucnxaYMY?feature=share

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    Open top bus victory parade is on YouTube at the moment.

https://www.youtube.com/live/6bSucnxaYMY?feature=share
    Why on Earth would anyone not from Wrexham want to watch that?

Master
    As a Grimsby Town fan, we were responsible for denying them promotion last season in a 5-4 thriller.. it's good to see them go up this season though and I do appreciate for Wrexham fans this must be a total dream. But I think for it to be described as a fairy tale, it's not ... I mean they bought loads of expensive players and have the kind of exposure a club at that level can only dream of. If they DIDN'T get promoted, that would be laughable. It's certainly interesting to watch their progress now and see where they are in 5 years.

That 5-4 was some game! You're absolutely right, they should have gone up with everything available to them and really the success story should be Notts County with over 100 points. But the unfolding story has been great to watch and my whole household has bought into it (three females + Ryan Reynolds = interest).

Quote Originally Posted by chicaneuk View Post
    As a Grimsby Town fan, we were responsible for denying them promotion last season in a 5-4 thriller.. it's good to see them go up this season though and I do appreciate for Wrexham fans this must be a total dream. But I think for it to be described as a fairy tale, it's not ... I mean they bought loads of expensive players and have the kind of exposure a club at that level can only dream of. If they DIDN'T get promoted, that would be laughable. It's certainly interesting to watch their progress now and see where they are in 5 years.

If you thought the Premiership games were good this weekend, this topped the lot. 2-0 down, missed penalty and 96 and 120 min goals. Notts County deserve to be at Wembley.

https://youtu.be/SRS5Rty-oN0

Amazing game! There cannot be another 5th tier league in the world where the quality is as high as the National League. Notts County have been fantastic and it will be an absolute travesty if they don't go up.

The National League is proper, honest football. Great tackles, no rolling around screaming, no diving (well, very little) and some excellent players. For those who don't watch it, you really should.
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    If you thought the Premiership games were good this weekend, this topped the lot. 2-0 down, missed penalty and 96 and 120 min goals. Notts County deserve to be at Wembley.

https://youtu.be/SRS5Rty-oN0

I wish I could go to Wembley. It's been a long time since I went to a Playoff final.

Notts County have been fantastic and it will be an absolute travesty if they don't go up.
    I am tuning in. The play off final a few mins away.

Looking forward to this, Notts County deserve to go up, but finals don’t always work like that.

Fingers crossed for them, no offence to Chesterfield supporters…

And at half time it isn’t going that way. It’ll be one of the biggest injustices I can remember if County don’t go up. Even bigger than my daughter’s cup final this morning where they outplayed the league winners the whole game but drew 1-1 and lost on pens. Gutted.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Looking forward to this, Notts County deserve to go up, but finals don’t always work like that.

Fingers crossed for them, no offence to Chesterfield supporters…

Surprised no more comments on this one.

What a game.

I watched the first half then had to go out for my daughter's Birthday meal. Notts moved the ball really well but lacked penetration. I only got the second half and extra time through alerts. I'm glad I didn't have to watch the penalty shoot out. I've seen Notts lose on penalties on more than one occasion and hate them. I'm relieved that we went up but it was more of a struggle than it should have been.

You Pies!

I had a wheelbarrow, the wheel fell off, I had a wheelbarrow, the wheel fell off.

That's the Notts way, never do it the easy way!
    You pies!