closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Watch Dealers In Lockdown

Watch Dealers In Lockdown

Just wondering, can anyone else trump my experience trying to buy watches in lockdown?

December 2020, Harrods, Zenith Defy:
    Somehow sold by a personal shopper over a day after I bought it, refund received fairly quickly.

December 2020, Chronext, Chopard Time Traveler One:
    Faulty watch sent, returned for repair and came back with another fault. Took over a month to agree a return for a refund, watch collected two weeks ago and still no refund received. Chronext owe me £7k.

February 2021, Fraser Hart, Chopard Imperiale:
    Email received stating that the watch is in a store and will be collected and posted next day. Second email stating watch needs a new battery and will be posted within two weeks, just in time for my wife’s birthday. Two weeks pass and they now don’t know where the watch is. Order cancelled, no refund received yet. Fraser Hart owe me £4k.

February 2021, Goldsmiths, Omega Constellation:
    An urgent alternative for my wife’s birthday and offered with next day delivery. Email received requesting a photo of myself holding my passport or driving license for “my security.” Normally I would have told them where to go but this is urgent. It took six photos over two days and an hour long wait on the phone yesterday before they were happy. Was assured on the phone that the watch is in stock and I would receive a despatch confirmation and it will be delivered today. Fast forward to today, no despatch email and customer service lines are closed for the weekend. It’s beginning to look like Goldsmiths now owe me £8k.

Fair to say I’m getting fairly disillusioned with this game now!

Really feel for you.Amazing how difficult it is to spend money with some companies.Currently waiting on a new 321 speedie.Got put on the list first day of announcement & also deposit with omega sku as soon as that was released.Was over a year ago with no contact from store.Intended for my birthday but thats been & gone.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Like a moth to a flame. No, I doubt it.

Master
    You are very patient.

Yikes, what a nightmare! Hardly a luxury experience

Three days later than promised and, after a couple of long phone calls, Goldsmiths have, thankfully, delivered with only a day to spare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope she’s pleased - nice watch but you’ve been through the wringer.

Journeyman
    I have to admit that I have gone fully eBay since lockdown, since it seems that private sellers are much more reliable than the usual High Street suspects.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk