closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Spring has sprung

Master

Spring has sprung

I see this looking out of my bedroom window this morning. Maybe I’m a bit early but the sun has been out for the last couple of days and fingers crossed the good times are coming back soon. Going to get the uuni out today and cook pizzas in the garden.

Master
    I have to say that it's been lovely here in old Norfolk'n'good for a few days now; warm and crisp, with plenty of sunshine. I was tiring of the greyness somewhat.

Master
    Lincolnshire has been glorious last few days, I m just heading outside to mow my lawn! In February!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were out in the garden yesterday.

Raised beds cleared, compost and manure added.

Also cut the lawns and plan to airate then today or tomorrow, maybe spray with iron phosphate to kill of some more later in the week.

'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Master
    The hedgehogs came round for a meal last night for the first time in a couple of months. I was worried I'd lost them over the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    Very Finnish...
    And as an afterthought, frogs returned to our pond five days ago.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Mowed the lawn Thursday, we've already got daffs, crocuses, miniature iris, snowdrops and primroses out.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Lawn mowed today as well. Hopefully scarify / power rake it tomorrow and throw down some seed

Oh Gawd, lawn mowing starting again.

On the plus side it is lovely to see the Snowdrops, Crocuses, Daffs and Primroses.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by j17ykp View Post
    Lawn mowed today as well. Hopefully scarify / power rake it tomorrow and throw down some seed
    I mow mine - that's all it gets, other than a cursory glance as I walk to the car.

Been sitting outside in shorts and T-shirt all day today, glorious. 2 weeks ago was out sledging with the kids - madness!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 mile hike in the sunshine. Most enjoyable.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    Ha ha that’s probably very true. That said I’m making the most of it whilst it’s lovely outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    Ha ha that’s probably very true. That said I’m making the most of it whilst it’s lovely outside.
    And so you should! I did the same, take whatever nice weather I can when I can
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

The last two days here have been glorious - i`ve sat in the garden in the warmth soaking up the rays enough to get a bit od colour back on the old visage.
    Days like these - 1040Mb of high pressure are rare and particularly good for flying so the current lockdown is very frustrating having to be grounded. What a waste of perfect conditions.

Blog Entries
    The weather is fab. This afternoon sitting on the south-facing patio, I considered getting inside to dig out my sunglasses!

Working all day in the garden, cutting branches etc. Tuesday, a behemoth-sized shredder + a few gallons of diesel will be dropped off in my garden for 24 hrs. I'll make great use of that machine. Apart from that, a few hundred m2 of woodland will be turned into grassland later this week. Big machines in the rear garden!

Cutting the lawn... grass starts growing above 12C - at least that's what I heard. So it will start growing one of these days. Not too much moss in the grass, so a sprinkle of iron sulphate will do the the trick this year. Then, a lot of 'grass starter' will have to kick it into the 2021 season!

Quite enjoyed mowing the lawn today, glorious day here.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Stunning day. For some reason ops title made me brake into 'Morning has broken' good old days singing that in assembly.

We went in a bike ride today then I sat in my garden with a beer and binoculars watching a buzzard trying to catch his evening meal in the adjacent field.

Spring has not sprung this year. Look like we are going straight from winter to summer.

The trees in my garden should be in full leaf by now, but are still mostly bare.

The house has chilled down to 16C and I am having to fight the fact that it is the 1st May and I want the central heating on.

Worst part is that lockdown has partially ended but I don’t want to eat or drink out as it is too cold. I feel sorry for the pubs and restaurants who need as much footfall as possible.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    Spring has not sprung this year. Look like we are going straight from winter to summer.

The trees in my garden should be in full leaf by now, but are still mostly bare.

The house has chilled down to 16C and I am having to fight the fact that it is the 1st May and I want the central heating on.

Worst part is that lockdown has partially ended but I don’t want to eat or drink out as it is too cold. I feel sorry for the pubs and restaurants who need as much footfall as possible.
    Exactly the same here. One month wind from the North. The first few days some snow. After that, completely dry. My newly seeded lawn isn't green yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Caruso View Post
    Buyers beware: lockdown demand for dogs has seen huge rise in fake Cockerpoos for sale.