closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Nox censor back order

Master

Nox censor back order

The engine management light has come on on the dashboard of my Merc and having taken it to the garage (Indy) I always use, I’ve been told one of the nox censors has gone.
    He phoned Mercedes to order one only to be told they are on back order and no date given for stock arriving.
    I’ve asked him is it still ok to drive the car and he said yes, but a time will come when I get an ad blue warning on the dash telling me how many miles more I can do before the car will refuse to start.
    It’s only four years old, I find this an appalling situation where I might end up having to hire a car because Mercedes cannot supply me with an OEM part.
    Would I have grounds for recompense off them?

Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    The engine management light has come on on the dashboard of my Merc and having taken it to the garage (Indy) I always use, I’ve been told one of the nox censors has gone.
    He phoned Mercedes to order one only to be told they are on back order and no date given for stock arriving.
    I’ve asked him is it still ok to drive the car and he said yes, but a time will come when I get an ad blue warning on the dash telling me how many miles more I can do before the car will refuse to start.
    It’s only four years old, I find this an appalling situation where I might end up having to hire a car because Mercedes cannot supply me with an OEM part.
    Ive had loads of JLR parts on back order over the past few months.....not a lot up can do about it if other dealers are out of stock and there’s nothing at the facing facility. How about a non gen part- it’ll be probably made by Bosch anyway

Simply, no.

If they are on back order - that is pretty much end of.

There will be a suitable (non Merc) equivalent.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    Ive had loads of JLR parts on back order over the past few months.....not a lot up can do about it if other dealers are out of stock and there’s nothing at the facing facility. How about a non gen part- it’ll be probably made by Bosch anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    Simply, no.

If they are on back order - that is pretty much end of.

There will be a suitable (non Merc) equivalent.
    I hope I can source a part from somewhere even if it’s non oem.
    The garage I use has said he will have the car in next week to get the part number off it and scour the net to try and find me one.

I hope I can source a part from somewhere even if it’s non oem.
    The garage I use has said he will have the car in next week to get the part number off it and scour the net to try and find me one.
    Unless someone has snapped up all the other ones I cant believe there won’t be one available, although I loathe them with a passion try euro carprats
    Last edited by Franky Four Fingers; 26th February 2021 at 19:41.

ask somebody like german and swedish car parts to find a bosch equivalent , merc don't make the parts, as already stated its more than likely a bosch part fitted to other cars also

Master
    Absolutely, there should be an equivalent and if there isn't that ought to inform your choice about the next brand of car you buy.

This issue really irritates me. There should be one, at worst two or three of all sorts of things used across the car industry sensors, brake components, window and locking motors, injectors etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy67 View Post
    Absolutely, there should be an equivalent and if there isn't that ought to inform your choice about the next brand of car you buy.

This issue really irritates me. There should be one, at worst two or three of all sorts of things used across the car industry sensors, brake components, window and locking motors, injectors etc.
    Never happen, ever.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy67 View Post

Dealers don’t keep huge levels because of costs, if they kept one of everything they’d have millions of pounds of parts they’d likely never sell. Across the networks things happen and parts of all sorts can go on b/o for any reason. Most of the time it doesn’t have to be supply outstripping demand, at the moment what with covid/brexit it seems that transportation across countries is an issue.

Master
    Never happen, ever.
    Indeed but not doing so is just bad engineering. Sadly engineering is the last thing most new car buyers are interested.

Master
    Blog Entries
    If you’ve got the part number just Google it to get alt parts. I don’t recommend this but you sound desperate.

Jim

Master
    What price is the merc sensor?
    I have an old 2003 Golf which needed one.
    Cost of the part was approx £600 -nearly what the car was worth.
    Sourced one from a scrappy online for £50
    Fitted and works perfectly-no more engine management light coming on.

Sensor.

That is all I can add here.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    Sensor.

That is all I can add here.
    Be careful - you might be censored (or perhaps censured).

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    What price is the merc sensor?
    I have an old 2003 Golf which needed one.
    Cost of the part was approx £600 -nearly what the car was worth.
    Sourced one from a scrappy online for £50
    Fitted and works perfectly-no more engine management light coming on.
    The guy in my local garage said it’s about £270 (something like that, I can’t remember the exact figure) if you do an exchange.

Master
    Blog Entries
    We had a Porsche in a few months ago and same problem. Back ordered. We took the part number off it and it cross referenced to a VW Touareg one which was in plentiful supply.

Might be worth checking the same. There might be parts available from another manufacturer that uses Merc parts - Chrysler or Ssanyong for example.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Never happen, ever.
    Used to with batteries. I kept six different batteries on the shelf which covered pretty much every car on the road.
    Now I don’t bother stocking any as there are so many different ones.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    Dealers don’t keep huge levels because of costs, if they kept one of everything they’d have millions of pounds of parts they’d likely never sell. Across the networks things happen and parts of all sorts can go on b/o for any reason. Most of the time it doesn’t have to be supply outstripping demand, at the moment what with covid/brexit it seems that transportation across countries is an issue.

Transport isn’t the issue it’s manufacture, things just aren’t being built in the volumes they once were.

Another place to look for parts is autodoc I get bmw bits from Them takes a few days but oem and far cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by aa388 View Post
    Transport isn’t the issue it’s manufacture, things just aren’t being built in the volumes they once were.

Another place to look for parts is autodoc I get bmw bits from Them takes a few days but oem and far cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    I’ve got the autodoc app on my phone and the prices on it do seem cheap. I’ve never tried ordering off it, but I’ll have a look now. Cheers.