closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Steinhart servicing

Craftsman

Steinhart servicing

I have an Ocean One GMT that is running a bit slow and probably overdue a service anyway. I've sent stuff to them before and whilst it is not that much of a hassle would prefer somewhere local potentially to do a service on it.

Is there anyone in the SW London or Surrey area that is recommended or anyone here do it as a business or sideline please?

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Master
    I have just received back an Ocean 1 Ceramic from Steinhart.

July 2015 model that had stopped, emailed Steinhart and was instructed to use their FedEx service, watch was collected the same day, slight issue with customs clearance as I had not completed the waybill correctly but sorted out by Steinhart, constant email update's received and watch back as new within a week - extension spring replaced.

All this, including FedEx, free of charge !!, truly exceptional customer service.

Craftsman
    Mine is with them now via the same process. They advised if it needs regulating only there is no charge and they suggest it shouldn't need a full service until 10 years has elapsed. A service would be in the region of €80. Great support

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

€80 is cheap.
    Fair play to them
    I have a watch with Seiko currently and it’s £300 for a service. And I thought that was reasonable.

Master
    80€ is a bargain and suggests a loss to the company. Having about 10 Steinharts, it reassures me!

Sent from my CLT-L09 using TZ-UK mobile app

If you’re willing to post within the UK (RMSD would cover a Steinhart), you have several options on here, such as Duncan, Olivier, Paul and more.

Quote Originally Posted by dejjl View Post
    If you’re willing to post within the UK (RMSD would cover a Steinhart), you have several options on here, such as Duncan, Olivier, Paul and more.
    As good as Duncan, Oliver and Paul are they will rightly want more than €80 and all have an understandable wait list.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    As good as Duncan, Oliver and Paul are they will rightly want more than €80 and all have an understandable wait list.
    Agreed, if £ and speed are the priorities. If workmanship and avoiding international postage are concerns, then worth considering maybe.

Craftsman

Not an issue

Quote Originally Posted by dejjl View Post
    Agreed, if £ and speed are the priorities. If workmanship and avoiding international postage are concerns, then worth considering maybe.
    Steinhart pay for the postage and arrange for a FedEx courier to pick it up from your house, outstanding.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by stefmcd View Post
    80€ is a bargain and suggests a loss to the company. Having about 10 Steinharts, it reassures me!
    They probably just swap the movement, which is fine with me. A new movement is as good or better than a freshly-serviced movement.

Master

Steinhart servicing

I’ve just enquired about the servicing of a 2014 Ocean One Vintage with the ST.5 movement. I was quoted £290 by Chronomaster and was told that parts may not be available anymore for that movement ... something to bare in mind if buying an older Steinhart with the ST.5 movement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Stilgoe1972; 21st March 2021 at 18:22.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hops View Post
    I would prefer somewhere local potentially to do a service on it.
    How about David Carpenter?
    https://davidcarpenterwatches.com/our-service-center/

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Selym View Post
    They probably just swap the movement, which is fine with me. A new movement is as good or better than a freshly-serviced movement.
    Reasonable conclusion. Pity the VAT fiasco could nullify the bargain.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Craftsman

Have you

Quote Originally Posted by Stilgoe1972 View Post
    I’ve just enquired about the servicing of a 2014 Ocean One Vintage with the ST.5 movement. I was quoted £290 by Chronomaster and was told that parts may not be available anymore for that movement ... something to bare in mind if buying an older Steinhart with the ST.5 movement.
    contacted Steinhart direct? They regulated mine free of charge and use a free courier service with FedEx. I enquired about a service and they said the way the watches are assembled should mean they don’t need a service until they are 10 yrs old and if it needs a service quoted a sliding scale depending on the watches age with the maximum charge being €80.

Master
    That was Chronomaster who quoted me £290 for servicing the ST5 . They also mentioned that parts might not be in good supply for that older movement.