closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New Ltd Edition Nomos Clubs

New Ltd Edition Nomos Clubs

Look nice especially the blue. shame 40mm may wear big due to the dial and small bezel plus lug to lug length will be long!

https://nomos-glashuette.com/en/watc...club-automatic

I really like that.

Price on the bracelet doesn't seem unreasonable, considering what you get. In-house automatic movement, nice and thin at 9.7mm but still WR to 200m, a useful 20mm lug width.

They do wear big, I had the manual 38.5mm and it was borderline on my 7” wrist.

Quote Originally Posted by jonasy View Post
    They do wear big, I had the manual 38.5mm and it was borderline on my 7” wrist.
    Similar, tried one on in the store, ended up going for a 36, which I’ve kept for a couple of years now

Journeyman
    Current size offerings of the Club from Nomos:

What are they playing at there? They’re all over the map. Even a monster sized company shouldn’t have that product range for one single model family. I get the fear when I see that lack of focus in such a small company.

The 40 isn’t a new size either, but it’s far less compelling proposition compared to the 41 Sport, where they actually gave it sensible sized lugs.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Oafley Jones View Post

What are they playing at there? They’re all over the map. Even a monster sized company shouldn’t have that product range for one single model family. I get the fear when I see that lack of focus in such a small company.

The 40 isn’t a new size either, but it’s far less compelling proposition compared to the 41 Sport, where they actually gave it sensible sized lugs.
    I wish more brands had such a range of sizes. Most offer two sizes, one too big and one too small.

Craftsman
    I wear a 40.5 mm diameter Nomos Orion 41 Date on my 6.7 inch wrist, and I don’t consider it too big. It has the long lugs too. The relative thinness of the case and the slight curve downwards of the lugs helps it to hug your wrist. It has real presence without being overbearing, it is also very light, which is a big plus in my book.

Before buying (online) I saw a video on YT which showed how the watch looked on a smallish wrist, and then the same watch on a larger wrist, and that persuaded me it would be OK on my wrist. But damn if I can find the video now.
    Last edited by Tatters; 25th February 2021 at 19:16.

Master

They’re sized for the movements rather than the other way around?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    I'm a fan of most of the Nomos range (though still haven't gotten round to buying the Metro 1101 I said I would) but those LEs don't do much for me. The one on the sales forum is much more interesting.

The more I see of the new ltd editions the more they look balanced. The 36mm Dunkel has been on my wish list for a while but has l2l of 47mm, similar to my BB58, but much smaller dial & lug gap.

The 40mm club has a l2l of 51mm a few mm less than my Panerai, a slightly bigger bezel (but overall large dial) but does seem the lug gap between case & strap is shorter.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman

It makes sense if they are fleshing out a product family with the focus on the wear and look of each offering rather than fitting them into arbitrary sizes to make them appear orderly to an Internet forum ;)

Hmm. Not sure I’m getting any kind of special vibe from Nomos.

Too many variations on a theme. Anti bling in several muted shades. But we’ll make them big all the same.

Craftsman
    Blue needs a deployant clasp, a better strap & to be in stock.

I would add one of they could resolve the above

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the black version. The previous similar model at 42(?) was just pushing wearability of a near-all dial watch too far.

But the price - God no. What are they thinking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk