closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tudor now available online?

Master

Tudor now available online?

It seems Tudor have finally realised they would sell a lot more watches if they made them easier to buy. A number of ADs are now showing them as available to buy online. Burrells for example currently has 6 Black Bay 58 Blue available to buy on their website with delivery.

I wonder if their hand was forced by the pandemic?

Master
    Tried to get another after selling mine last year (original BB58) from Ernest Jones (says available next day) but the site crashes on payment and support just say they are available from stores when they open again.

Or it's just their *&^*(kinshi7 website.

Someone mentioned on a previous thread Ernest Jones do as well. Makes sense really I would probably be more inclined to buy another Tudor the only thing that would concern me would’ve bracelet sizing, will they also do that before dispatch?

Tudor changed their policy late last year. Burrells changed their policy shortly after I had ordered and they called me to advise that they could only sale Tudor instore, and I pointed them to the Tudor announcement, and had them call Tudor to confirm that they could send me the watch I was buying from them by post without any issue, which they subsequently did.
    It's just a matter of time...

Quote Originally Posted by Coot View Post
    Tried to get another after selling mine last year (original BB58) from Ernest Jones (says available next day) but the site crashes on payment and support just say they are available from stores when they open again.

Or it's just their *&^*(kinshi7 website.

Just send them an email - they'll no doubt fulfil your order quite quickly.
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    I did, they took too long to respond and didn't want to take my money.

Rolex next.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Case View Post
    Rolex next.
    Never. Soon, if you want one, you might have to go to Switzerland to pick it up.
    "Owning one is almost as satisfying as making one." ~ Rolex 1973

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Case View Post
    Rolex next.

Hi, Ally.

Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    Hi, Ally.
    Another rejoin?

Cheapens the brand.

Not really. I ordered one recently and it arrived in a box, just like going to a shop.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post
    Never. Soon, if you want one, you might have to go to Switzerland to pick it up.
    and pay extra for the privilege.
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

Master
    I purchased all but one of my Tudors online, from grey dealers mostly, felt pretty normal to me.

I’m pleased they’ve seen the light and it’s official now, I see no reason why it should cheapen the brand. With the GMT issues you could argue they did that themselves! :)

Purchased a Tudor BB58 original model from a UK Tudor dealer a few weeks ago, turned up the next day so they are finally coming through...

I’d avoid WOS but, there say next day delivery, you buy and then a couple of days later when you ask where it is they inform you of a two week delay and then it’s 5-7 business days to get a refund...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Bucherer came up on my social media last night offering me to buy a Tudor online - as far as I’m aware I’ve never been on the Bucherer website so I guess it’s paid sponsorship based on my history of watch websites.

Master
    Bucherer are offering their blue version of the bronze Tudor online too.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I got my BB58 from Hugh Rice online, it showed as in stock and it was dispatched straight away.

Royal Mail Special Delivery managed to deliver it a day late and incorrectly show it as delivered (they call it a mis-scan). When it did go back out for delivery, it was put in a bin at the rear of my property. There was a period of a day where no one could track it.

The retailer didn't offer bracelet sizing but I didn't need them to. Whilst the watch box was inside a sturdier outer box, they hadn't made any other effort to package the watch other than with the brand's packaging, so the watch had come off the cushion and was in a heap. I was lucky it wasn't marked. They'd probably say that that's just what the brand gives them, but in my opinion they need to try harder if they're posting watches out.

Sent from my JSN-L21 using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by AKM View Post
    I got my BB58 from Hugh Rice online, it showed as in stock and it was dispatched straight away.
    eap. I was lucky it wasn't marked. They'd probably say that that's just what the brand gives them, but in my opinion they need to try harder if they're posting watches out.

Your experience is very similar to mine when I ordered my bb58 blue online. Shipped next day in a card box almost the same size as the watch box no other padding. They did offer to size the watch, which I declined. Put into my recycling bin by Royal Mail which is great but annoying as I was at home waiting for the watch. No ringing of the door bell etc.

Quote Originally Posted by shoppy View Post
    Your experience is very similar to mine when I ordered my bb58 blue online. Shipped next day in a card box almost the same size as the watch box no other padding. They did offer to size the watch, which I declined. Put into my recycling bin by Royal Mail which is great but annoying as I was at home waiting for the watch. No ringing of the door bell etc.

Well the retailer I used, did at least pack the Tudor box into an outer box with some padding so it was slightly better. However, just like you RMSD, were a joke as I was in the house all day on both days.

I've had trouble with them before where they've taken an item to a post office branch and never visited my property to leave a card, they just seem to do whatever is necessary to make it appear that they've achieved their delivery target. This combined with them signing for packages themselves (due to COVID-19) that show as delivered on the system when they haven't been - it's just a matter of time before one goes missing.

The retailer should use a reliable courier and take care with the packaging, especially if the brand's packaging has been intended for face-to-face retail. Usually when they get them in, the watches arrive separately to the boxes and the retailer has to match them up, so they're never actually shipped that way.

Last edited by AKM; 28th February 2021 at 14:10.

Well short of the normal AD experience, not for me thank you.

I got an email from my AD a week or two to let me know that I could buy another Tudor from them via their online shop if I wanted...

Cheers,

Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by s1wnw View Post
    Bucherer are offering their blue version of the bronze Tudor online too.

Well I bet that's going to annoy a few people! I remember you had to go on a list for one of these and it was supposed to be limited production run. Loads for sale above list price..

Sent from my SM-T875 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ataripower View Post
    Well I bet that's going to annoy a few people! I remember you had to go on a list for one of these and it was supposed to be limited production run. Loads for sale above list price..

Sent from my SM-T875 using Tapatalk
    Highly annoying, limited run my foot