closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: I am looking for a ride-on mower and I found this...

Hybrid View

Blog Entries

I am looking for a ride-on mower and I found this...

...2016 Honda HF 2417k4 on a Dutch site.

Ride-on mowers made by Honda are pretty scarce here in this country. (Like all Honda products, except motor bikes). Has any of you experience with these Honda ride-on machines or should I look elsewhere for another/better brand?

that looks like the ladies version, mens version here >

Honda makes some of the best mowers out there. I dont know specifically about that model, but if the price is right, it has been well looked after and you can get spares/service parts when needed, then it is well worth considering.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Have had a Honda push mower in the past and that was great - wish I had a Honda ride-on

Same here, my Honda self propelled mower is fantastic. My John Deere ride on wasn’t, I’d avoid that make.

Don't know about mower but Honda portable generators are absolutely brilliant
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

A bit left field Menno but why not a robotic mower?
    I understand the big boy toy aspect but the novelty wears thin after a while.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    A bit left field Menno but why not a robotic mower?
    I understand the big boy toy aspect but the novelty wears thin after a while.
    That was my plan but they’re only appropriate for simple shaped gardens of less than an acre.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex L View Post
    That was my plan but they’re only appropriate for simple shaped gardens of less than an acre.
    450X can do a simple square/round lawn of 1.2 acres or so. They can deal with any amount of complex shapes, it's just the capacity reduces a bit if it spends alot of time caught in little nooks and crannies. Can handle slopes up to 24 degrees.
    Could always get 2?
    Or wait a year https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inBI6KrCLPo
    Last edited by Brighty; 27th February 2021 at 15:55.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brighty View Post
    450X can do a simple square/round lawn of 1.2 acres or so. They can deal with any amount of complex shapes, it's just the capacity reduces a bit if it spends alot of time caught in little nooks and crannies. Can handle slopes up to 24 degrees.
    Could always get 2?
    The Ceora looks like a robot machine

We have a Toro (www.toro.com).
    Quite happy with it. Easy to mow about an acre, nice seat, headlights and cupholder (seriously).

Quote Originally Posted by Brighty View Post
    Could always get 2?
    The 450x is a great bit of kit but I needed 2 and it was going to be a pain to wire my garden so opted for the Rider. Takes me on average 3.5 hours to cut the lawn so tend to listen to audio books on noise cancelling headphones

Quote Originally Posted by Alex L View Post
    The 450x is a great bit of kit but I needed 2 and it was going to be a pain to wire my garden so opted for the Rider. Takes me on average 3.5 hours to cut the lawn so tend to listen to audio books on noise cancelling headphones
    2x 550 Epos and a reference station then, no boundary wire. Or Ceora next year, again no wires

Craftsman
    I had a Honda ride on for several years. Not made for the UK market in my opinion as the air blown grass blocks too easily when wet. Great engine but I hated that mower by the time it went.

Out front mulching decks are the best all round for me. I have a Stiga 4wd and fitted it with a 50mm ball at the back for easy swapping of things I want to tow.

Deck comes off easy too so you have a flexible machine.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk