closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Help with cigars, valuations etc

Help with cigars, valuations etc

I need some help from some knowledgeable cigar types on here please.

A while back I took a very large box of assorted tubed cigars in a part - ex deal but know nothing about them.

Do they keep? The tubes inside seem to be wood lined.

A lot seem to be Cubans, Punch etc.

Probably 50 or 60 in there I'd like some valuations with a view to probably selling some job lots on here.

Cheers,
    Neil.

they should be ok for a while in tubes but open a few and give them a gentle squeeze, they should have a bit of give in them and smell fresh not stale.
    as for pricing, have a look at the price in spain, nobody i their right mind pays uk prices unless they are loaded, most just stock up when visiting the E.U.

older cigars with a bit of age are worth more but i don’t think they date code tubes? i have some monte christo no2 from 2000 that are aging nicely in my humidor, shame i don’t smoke any more !?

The Punch and H Upmann are sold at my local ASDA tobacco kiosk. Condition is important as they can become very dry and brittle if stored improperly.
    The Villiger and Henri Wintermans are machine made and won’t have much value.

The Cubans are decent cigars and go for around £10-£12 each if memory serves.
    Last edited by ODP; 24th February 2021 at 20:35.

Quote Originally Posted by ODP View Post
    The Punch and H Upmann are sold at my local ASDA tobacco kiosk. Condition is important as they can become very dry and brittle if stored improperly.
    The Villiger and Henri Wintermans are machine made and won’t have much value.

Blimey go gentle on him
    £10 the lot then Neil.....

( if the Viligers/Wintermans are ok happy to take them off you )

Cheers
    Last edited by arthurDALEY; 24th February 2021 at 18:24.

I’d buy some if you decide to sell 👍🏻

Subject to condition, I might be interested in some of the cubans. don't have many tubos in my collection at all.

If you can list exactly what you have, I can give you some guide line market prices.

I would buy some too.
    Cheers.

Sent from my SM-G930F using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Blog Entries
    Just found a humidor today. Only 4 cigars in it.

Could be an unhealthy thread this

Craftsman
    I'd also buy some.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RichUK View Post
    Subject to condition, I might be interested in some of the cubans. don't have many tubos in my collection at all.

If you can list exactly what you have, I can give you some guide line market prices.
    Here's what I have:

5 x Viliiger Premium Tubo

7 x Henri Wintermans Corona De Luxe

121 x Green Punch Petit Coronations

12 x H. Upmann Coronas Junior

13 x Silver Punch Petit Coronation.

I'll be posting them on SC so if anyone can give me a decent price that cigar aficianados would be very happy with, bearing in mind I don't know what I'm doing .

Thanks in advance.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

It's all about condition, Neil. The tube should have protected the cigars a little, but it's unlikely the tubes seals are air tight, and so tubed cigars should still be kept in a working humidor if stored for any length of time. If you need anyone to test one, just let me know

FYI - I don't believe there is any way to date single cigars, but the silver Punch will probably be pre-2009 as I believe Punch changed to the green tube in 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Toshi View Post
    It's all about condition, Neil. The tube should have protected the cigars a little, but it's unlikely the tubes seals are air tight, and so tubed cigars should still be kept in a working humidor if stored for any length of time. If you need anyone to test one, just let me know

FYI - I don't believe there is any way to date single cigars, but the silver Punch will probably be pre-2009 as I believe Punch changed to the green tube in 2009
    Same for the H.Upmans, 2007 is the tube change according to the web.

But if they are smokeable, i'd be interested since I like them with a BBQ :)

I have no idea about condition I'm afraid Gents but what I really need to know is how much I can sell them for .

Half price?

Less?

I am really looking for some bulk sales TBH.

Need prices for SC as you can't put offers only on there.

Get in touch if you are interested.
    Last edited by Neil.C; 26th February 2021 at 10:12.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Master
    Only slightly related, but there is a famous insurance fraud case where a policyholder smoked their cigars and then claimed on insurance for fire damage. Just a thought in case you can’t move them on !!

Quote Originally Posted by joe narvey View Post
    Only slightly related, but there is a famous insurance fraud case where a policyholder smoked their cigars and then claimed on insurance for fire damage. Just a thought in case you can’t move them on !!
    Allegedly, he was then sued by the insurance company and arrested for arson!