closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: First BBQ of the year - 23 Feb

First BBQ of the year - 23 Feb

Sun was out, still fresh, but felt like spring is coming. Had some lovely vegetable kebabs with Piti pitiful sauce and chicken. I think it will be pulled pork at the weekend. Happy BBQing ahead and hopefully with family and friends in the not to distance future.

Craftsman
    Never stop. Did our Christmas Day meat on the Kamado, use it at least 3 times a week all year :)

I agree, Xmas turkey, brisket etc, but this was our first full meal for us. I been looking on line and got to do some new stuff this year

We had weather that would justify it (to eat indoors) last week, but I missed the opportunity.

I once lived on a development which also had houses rented out to US Navy staff (in north of Scotland).

Looked out the kitchen window one night in the middle of a blizzard with drifting snow - to see the guy at the back (US personnel) nipping out the kitchen door to keep the BBQ going (in his hoodie)......

He was back in the kitchen when the BBQ blew over and set fire to the wheelie-bin !

Had to admire him for his fortitude, if not for his firefighting skills...................

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavham View Post
    I agree, Xmas turkey, brisket etc, but this was our first full meal for us. I been looking on line and got to do some new stuff this year
    Did loin of Pork on the rotisserie on Saturday, absolutely stunning, luckily my son and daughter-in-law only live 800meters away, so they got a food parcel or we would have been eating Pork for a week :)

All year round for me too, grilling Ribeye last week on my gas BBQ. In the garden, in the dark, 0°C with a head torch on.