closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Brilliant weather! Time to fire up the TR3A!

Hybrid View

Blog Entries

Brilliant weather! Time to fire up the TR3A!

As per title; the high temps here (18C today and 20C tomorrow) create the perfect opportunity to wake the TR from hibernation.

First trip with old fuel comes with splutter and coughing, but it’s great driving it again!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Beautiful car and weather, wasn't that long ago you were guessing the depth of snow!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    Beautiful car and weather, wasn't that long ago you were guessing the depth of snow!
    That was two weeks ago! I'm currently busy with a pressure washer on the patio!

I keep a logbook since owning the car (2004). I read that I trouble getting the car started back in 2005, that's before I restored the car. It had something to do with the choke cable. I wrote (translated): "Got the car going again. Went for a 15 km drive. Outside temp is 2C, it started snowing when I was halfway." Tomorrow it will hit the 20C! And, since it's officially winter, this is the longest winter period on record -now four days and counting- with temps higher than 15C.

We promised my oldest the Honda for the next few days, so a great opportunity to drive the TR!

Master
    Very nice, enjoy.

Menno, Menno, Menno - I do believe that I'm starting to get a little jealous of your house, your land, your cars... please stop and stick to posting about watches.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Menno, Menno, Menno - I do believe that I'm starting to get a little jealous of your house, your land, your cars... please stop and stick to posting about watches.
    Has to do with being retired (oops). Lots of time on my hands, enjoying every minute of it. When it comes to owning the piece of land, I admit that it's the same as winning the lottery, given the fact that we live in a small and densely populated country.

About watches... I noticed that I only wear a beater Seiko and a beater Citizen nowadays. I need to reconsider my collection. Having said that, keep an eye out for a Sinn Arktis gen.1 that I'm going to sell in due time; it's currently in Sinn's German workshop for maintenance. That watch sale has to (partly) pay for a riding mower.
    Last edited by thieuster; 24th February 2021 at 18:41.

Master
    Stunning! Wish I had the skills to work on a classic to keep it running, I’m guessing at 45 and no skills that I am never really going to become good at that sort of labour.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Nice - especially on days like this!

I've had classic cars on and off over the years but they have all lived outside/under covers and I've finally admitted that this is not a good idea (!!) and have just sold my last one. Seeing cars like yours makes me want another but I must sort out my garage as they do need to be covered up and I can't stand the thought of watching them waste away again during our winters! Sigh......................

Very nice car, I love tinkering with a classic but...
    I am actually dreading getting the Willys out the garage, I know it will not start and I will have to spend hours under the bonnet trying to get it to start, it has not been turned over of over a year due to lock down and its a temperamental starter at the best of times. I might actually get a trailer and get it dropped off at the friendly garage and let them do it.

Edit: I tell a lie, I changed the distributor on the 22 June, thats was the last time it started, it blew smoke out everywhere though!
    Last edited by Sinnlover; 23rd February 2021 at 17:37.

Lovely car and wire knockoffs are a nice touch

DON

Master
    love that powder blue on an early TR,that one is a real beauty.brings me to thinking of dragging my TR out of hibernation,its only a lowly TR7,but its engine makes it fun.its a 3528cc high compression rover v8.fitted with fast road camshaft,Edelbrock 4 barrel carb with an extractor exhaust system.great fun on a dry road...

Craftsman
    ............ you say 'lowly TR7' but I assume yours is the TR8? Nice cars and I haven't seen one for many years!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddiex View Post
    ............ you say 'lowly TR7' but I assume yours is the TR8? Nice cars and I haven't seen one for many years!
    its true definition should be TR7 V8 as i did the v8 transplant some 30 years ago,the problem now is i dont have the same amount of testosterone flowing in my veins at 65 as i did when built the car at 35

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by greasemonkey View Post
    its true definition should be TR7 V8 as i did the v8 transplant some 30 years ago,the problem now is i dont have the same amount of testosterone flowing in my veins at 65 as i did when built the car at 35
    Nice to have kept a car for that long and hopefully still enjoy it? I know the feeling tho - I have a car that's sporty and quick and a motorbike and whilst I like the odd 'spirited' drive I must say that much of the time I just enjoy driving or riding without going 10/10 ths everywhere anymore. Meandering through the country roads at a more restrained pace is far more enjoyable and stops you having to post in the 'I've just got stopped for speeding' thread!