I know that there are a number of Mac users here and hoping someone can help. We have a number of MacBooks and a couple of iMac in the house. A fairly recent issue has arisen that isn't confined to any particular MacBook. It's a recurring problem with at least two MacBooks, one running a recent SSD upgrade and clean install of High Sierra and the other the original El Capitan setup. Obviously totally different in terms of the version of the OS, free storage etc. Also the upgraded MB had the same issue before the upgrade. Our broadband provider is BT with fibre and a Hub5 router/modem.
The problem is that they frequently drop the wifi connection, ask for a WPA2 password (which I haven't got) faff about for a few mins, reconnect and carry on. I've Googled and got lots of suggestions (so apparently a common issue), none of which make an iota of difference.
The iMac gets used fairly infrequently so I can't be certain whether it's similarly affected. FWIW, it has ever happened with an iPad.
Can anyone identify what the problem is and advise how to resolve it? Many thanks.