closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Car Hire

Car Hire

Don't mind going to pick up a car, but want it collected from a private address

Getting quotes of £200 plus for a Corsa because I need it for a Monday and have to have it delivered on a Saturday

Anyone know the going rate or anyone cheaper?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

I worked for Hertz for 10 year's so know quite a bit about car hire however Hertz would only deliver and collect for corporate customers.
    Some got free delivery and collection while others paid upto £50.00 for that service. It all depended on what was negotiated in there contract.
    Average hire for a Corsa for a 1 week hire could be from £99.00 upto about £150.00 depending on time of year. Maybe even higher in the peak summer time.
    Which company are you talking about?
    As you are requesting pre delivery for a Saturday to use early Monday morning you might be getting charged for loss of hire for the 2 days it will sit idle.
    Alos length of hire is a factor. 1 day hires are the most expensive which get cheaper from the 3rd day then cheaper again from 7 day's leading up to the cheapest rate at 28 days.
    Weekend hires from Friday to Monday usually get the best deals.

Sent from my SM-N976B using TZ-UK mobile app
    Last edited by sickie; 22nd February 2021 at 20:49.

Quote Originally Posted by sickie View Post
    I worked for Hertz for 10 year's so know quite a bit about car hire however Hertz would only deliver and collect for corporate customers.
    Some got free delivery and collection while others paid upto £50.00 for that service. It all depended on what was negotiated in there contract.
    Average hire for a Corsa for a 1 week hire could be from £99.00 upto about £150.00 depending on time of year. Maybe even higher in the peak summer time.
    Which company are you talking about?
    As you are requesting pre delivery for a Saturday to use early Monday morning you might be getting charged for loss of hire for the 2 days it will sit idle.
    Alos length of hire is a factor. 1 day hires are the most expensive which get cheaper from the 3rd day then cheaper again from 7 day's leading up to the cheapest rate at 28 days.
    Weekend hires from Friday to Monday usually get the best deals.

Ok thanks , it's Erurocar, deliver to my house Sat afternoon collect Monday at private address, £151 quid, seems ok I suppose as it's 3 days plus the premium for dropping and collecting

That's actually quite a good price. I wouldn't complain at that price tbh. As it's still the quiet times for car hire. Expect that to go up from Easter onwards.

That's actually quite a good price. I wouldn't complain at that price tbh. As it's still the quiet times for car hire. Expect that to go up from Easter onwards.

Cheers, I'll get that booked

I forgot to ask is it just a local delivery and collection or are you talking it to another city for collection? If so that would include a one way fee which can add to the cost and if it's included in the £150.00 that would be an even better deal.
    If it's just local then as I said it's not a bad deal.

One way fee's are a bit of a rip off tbh as it's supposed to be for the cost of relocating the car back to the renting branch but that never happens

I forgot to ask is it just a local delivery and collection or are you talking it to another city for collection? If so that would include a one way fee which can add to the cost and if it's included in the £150.00 that would be an even better deal.
    If it's just local then as I said it's not a bad deal.

One way fee's are a bit of a rip off tbh as it's supposed to be for the cost of relocating the car back to the renting branch but that never happens

Delivered to me in Devon, collected in London, so does seem a good price then, must not be many people hiring cars at the moment

Turned out to be 224 quid , including collection and delivery to specific addresses oh well

Ouch. I did think it was a bargain. Obviously quoted without the extras then.