closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Anyone managed to bag a PS5 ?

Master

Anyone managed to bag a PS5 ?

First world problems I know .
    Ive been trying to get one since late last year . My son has been saving every penny he can since it was announced . Weve come to an agreement on selling his PS4 and some matched saving from me in the hope he learns something about deferred gratification.

Hes watched the stock come and go only to listed at huge market ups on eBay. Market forces at work I know - harsh lesson at 13 isnt it ? Ive got Twitter feeds on alert and some stock watching apps but Im no match fir organised bots sweeping up all the stock in seconds . Had anyone bought one normallly and how did you manage !?

Stock will ease in a few weeks. Honestly its only a matter of time till youll be able to save on the current price

Master
    I refuse to pay over list price so no choice but to sit on my hands . Its been interesting chatting to my son about it . Hes remarkably understanding but Im disappointed on his behalf .

Quote Originally Posted by back to the top View Post
    I refuse to pay over list price so no choice but to sit on my hands . Its been interesting chatting to my son about it . Hes remarkably understanding but Im disappointed on his behalf .
    Dont be disappointed. Hell love it when he gets it. Its an important life lesson which will help ready him fir the 5 year wait for a steel daytona when hes older

I was able to order a Playstation 5 Digital from Amazon UK on 25th January. I had been watching various PS5 UK stock update Twitter accounts and Discords for a week or so and got lucky. There was a small drop of the regular PS5 on Amazon at 09:30 which sold out instantly. There was a suggestion that there would be a digital drop too so I continued to refresh the page and managed to get one. I didn't use any bots, just followed the rumours and was lucky. I also managed to get an official charger from Argos, which are hard to get too.

Master
    Its hit and miss it seems - some retailers dropping in the middle of the night makes no sense - to me anyway - most stock selling instantly should show them its going to bots . Perhaps they arent bothered despite statements saying they are ?
    I believe Eire PC World had the right idea - pre order in store on by phone only . One per customer. Seems a fair idea to me

Everyone is in the same boat, they sell out in minutes. Partly because rip off merchants want to put them on ebay for 650

Craftsman
    Use stockinformer (if you dont already). You can set up Telegram alerts on your phone for when they announce stocks. I got mine from Very by using this method.

Good luck!

To be honest, there's no games out for it yet that I would play anyway so happy to wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandiloquence View Post
    To be honest, there's no games out for it yet that I would play anyway so happy to wait.
    I would argue against that. The updates for the PS4 versions of Ghost of Tsushima and God of War to support 4K/60 transform the games. 60fps support in the PS5 version of AC Valhalla is great too. There really is a difference between 30 and 60fps. I'd also say that the PS5 version of Control which was free this month is excellent too. The 30fps ray traced option looks incredible and is rock solid at 30fps. The remastered version of Spider-Man looks great with ray tracing at 60fps. Finally, Astro's Playroom is a lovely little game which shows off all the capabilities of the console and the fantastic controller.

Craftsman
    They restocked this week and went out immediately as you would expect. Im waiting until they resolve the new controller drift issue.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

I got an XBOX and PS5 in the first round of releases. I got the XBOX from Amazon and the PS5 from Curry's. With the XBOX I just got lucky on the website. I want to my local Curry's on the morning that preorders for PS5 went live and ordered there.

There aren't many worthy games out at the moment. Valhalla is good and I enjoyed Watchdogs Legions. I may have a bit of bias towards Watchdogs as I get to drive around where I live and work in that! 😁

Going a bit off topic here but if anyone is thinking of upgrading kit to take advantage of HDMI 2.1, be careful. The current generation of AV amps are not really up to the job. Most have only one HDMI 2.1 input and it seems all don't work properly with XBOX Series X yet!

Master
    We managed to get one for our eldest for Christmas, there was some weird glitch on Very where you put an additional item in your basket and just kept refreshing and eventually they just appeared as available to purchase, some guy in Birmingham had a live blog going with who had them on launch day but most places just either sold out instantly or the whole site crashed, but the Very trick did work eventually. But, as said there arent many games, he has The new Spider-Man game which looks good but is not that different from the first one on the PS4. He has upgraded his FIFA game which was free to do and it runs a bit faster and smoother. Also he is already on his third Dualsense controller, two had to be sent back to Sony as the adaptive triggers broke really easily, so the haptic feedback which Sony were raving about had to be switched off. Sony fix them FOC but its still been a bit of a faff, seems to be happening to a lot of players so hopefully theyll sort that out for the next releases

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Download Telegram if you don't have it already and join this channel.

https://www.stockinformer.co.uk/chec...tion-5-console

I got an Xbox Series S and X that way. One from Argos, one from Very. Would recommend that route.

The problem is that according to my sons there are organised groups buying the stock as soon as its available which are then sold at a mark up.

My sons preordered theirs so we have a digital and the full fat versions in the house but they have been trying to buy for their friends and to date havent managed to bag anything.

I am also trying to get one for my 8 year old (and myself). Did a similar thing to you OP. Sold my old PS4 last November and he chose games and things to put on ebay also (he had fun taking the pics, writing the listings and keeping an eye on prices on his own little "church roof fund" style accumulator) Any Christmas money went into the fund and he gets "paid" when he looks after his little sister, especially handy if myself and my wife are WFH and on calls at the same time.

I keep missing the "drops" and refuse to pay extra.

TBH I feel lucky because my son is chilled about the wait. He realises the world won't end but I'm looking forward to his hard work and patience being rewarded.
    Last edited by Paddy!; 21st February 2021 at 17:41.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Lee View Post
    I would argue against that. The updates for the PS4 versions of Ghost of Tsushima and God of War to support 4K/60 transform the games. 60fps support in the PS5 version of AC Valhalla is great too. There really is a difference between 30 and 60fps. I'd also say that the PS5 version of Control which was free this month is excellent too. The 30fps ray traced option looks incredible and is rock solid at 30fps. The remastered version of Spider-Man looks great with ray tracing at 60fps. Finally, Astro's Playroom is a lovely little game which shows off all the capabilities of the console and the fantastic controller.
    Not making an argument, just our taste in games differs. None of those games really tickles my fancy so I'm happy to stick with the PS4 Pro a bit longer.

Craftsman
    Its certainly possible, I managed to get hold of 3 for me and my siblings before Christmas.

I found that following the hashtag #ps5ukstock on Twitter was very useful, as well as setting up a page monitor extension.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone managed to bag a PS5 ?

Not making an argument, just our taste in games differs. None of those games really tickles my fancy so I'm happy to stick with the PS4 Pro a bit longer.
    Same for me. I only ever play Gran Turismo, so no physical advantage yet. Unless they release an update for PS5 before GT7 is ready.

GT on PS4 Pro with SSD is just as good as PS5. Even loading times are the same.
    Last edited by Toshk; 21st February 2021 at 18:31.

Master
    First world problems I know .
    Ive been trying to get one since late last year . My son has been saving every penny he can since it was announced . Weve come to an agreement on selling his PS4 and some matched saving from me in the hope he learns something about deferred gratification.

Hes watched the stock come and go only to listed at huge market ups on eBay. Market forces at work I know - harsh lesson at 13 isnt it ? Ive got Twitter feeds on alert and some stock watching apps but Im no match fir organised bots sweeping up all the stock in seconds . Had anyone bought one normallly and how did you manage !?
    Tried buying one online a few times , Its sold out in literally 15 seconds and the websites hang , by the time it comes back ...no stock.

I think you'd either need to use a bot ( although I still think there is some mythmaking going on) , monitor the relevant notification services or you can find them on the AVforums classifieds for a mark up but usually not as severe as the likes of ebay.

I had no problems with getting Xbox series S and X , I finally picked up a open PS5 digital from AVforums for a bit over retail.

Craftsman
    I managed to get one from Game on the day of release and it came in time for Christmas for my philosophical 16 year old son - he'd paid half so we did consider double bubble but he kept it and it keeps him busy between remote learning lessons!!!!! 8 hours pressing refresh on John Lewis, Currys, Amazon and Game eventually paid off......

I bagged one for my son in the pre Christmas madness. A day of having carts filled on John Lewis to find it failing at the point of paying. Terrible setup.. .

Ended up getting into a LONG queue with Game and it arrived just a few days later.

I kept a watch to discussions here on HotUKDeals which was a good place to hear who had stock: https://www.hotukdeals.com/discussio...hread-comments

BT Shop stocks them too - might be worth registering interest. https://shop.bt.com/mini-sites/gaming#nextgenSignUps

Master
    Thanks for input - a few tips picked up here so lets see what happens this week :)
    Being referred to as a distraught mum is a new one 😁

image hosting services

Thanks for input - a few tips picked up here so lets see what happens this week :)
    Being referred to as a distraught mum is a new one 😁

image hosting services
    Birmingham mail using TZ as its go-to source of PS5 info is interesting, perhaps theyll use Push Square as their Rolex market source..

Game opened a queue about an hour ago so I suspect this batch will already be gone.

Hello

My PS4 is still hanging in there so will wait until they are a little less in demand (if that ever happens)

Then have the PS5 at home and PS4 at my parents to use there.

Best,

Ben

I picked up an Xbox Series X a couple of weeks ago. Had been checking Game, Very, Amazon, Smyths and Currys on an almost daily basis for a few weeks and one day Game showed it as a pre-order. Ordered it, expecting delivery in a month and it arrived in a week.

Just on the right page at the right time I guess as I'm sure most of them end up on eBay.

Son got one on first launch from Amazon
    Had it just before Christmas.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Queued on Game this morning for a PS5. 4 mins left before being given access to buy and up pops a message that all stock had been sold!

Maybe next time....

Master
    I queued this morning with everyone else - bots took the majority again - so many on eBay now - hopefully the market is reaching saturation

Stock is coming through, albeit slowly. I managed to get a Pulse 3D headset from Currys on Friday which arrived today.

I managed to get my son a PS5 with all the bits for Xmas. He loves it. I think things are still going to be tight for a while in terms of supply but youre correct it will be a good lesson. I had talked to my son about it when he first asked for one in November. He had said that he would rather wait for one to be available in the spring than get something else he didnt really want.... and maybe we could just spend a bit more on his sister as we wouldnt have to buy him anything (he just turned 10).

Well that did it... I really wanted to find him one so a few phone calls and a day later I had a new Ps5 hiding in my office under the a chair with a blanket over it. On Xmas day we hid it until everything else was finished then met him find it. When I told him he was sitting on it on dec 22 while he came to work with me he was shocked. Anyhow seeing his face was priceless and Im sure your sons will be too when he finally gets one.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Popped over for a trip and surprised to see these are still rare!

Whats the consensus on them now they have been out a while? I guess a huge upgrade over the PS4.

I need a Ultra HD disc player for the bedroom anyhow so tempted to find one before I head back

I managed to get one late May for my Sons birthday in October. I followed PS5 uk stock on Twitter and bought via game

The tip of buying a slightly more expensive bundle ( which in reality was fine as the additional was the cost of the game he wanted) worked for me.

I think the end of May saw the big restocks.

Craftsman
    Son in law was desperate for one. I registered in February with Currys online for the lucky dip as they were out of stock.
    Got a phone call in May and it arrived 2 days later.
    Bugger still hasnt paid me back yet. I think a reminder in due.

Craftsman
    Got one the other weeks from JL. Stock seems to be flowing a bit now. Of course getting a 4K hdmi 2.1 monitor is now impossible . An OLED tv is just too big and alternative tvs around 32 inch dont exist in 4K with a 1ms response time....

Quote Originally Posted by qaz4169 View Post
    Got one the other weeks from JL. Stock seems to be flowing a bit now. Of course getting a 4K hdmi 2.1 monitor is now impossible . An OLED tv is just too big and alternative tvs around 32 inch dont exist in 4K with a 1ms response time....

Got these on wish lists but they dont seem to come up often and JL dont allow alerts 😩

Quite a few used fir sale now freely available

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by dougair View Post
    Got these on wish lists but they dont seem to come up often and JL dont allow alerts
    There are a few apps that give alerts including in JL site. Theyve had loads last couple of days btw.