closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feels good to be back - and the obligitory state of the collection (yawn)

It's great to see you back, it sounds as though the various life changes have brought you to a contented place. I absolutely adore that Chronostop.

The flightmaster 911 is still with me, a firm favourite on the cracking custom strap.
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Thanks everyone - some very kind words

Quote Originally Posted by dejjl View Post
    Welcome back Rich. I’ve had a few of your watches over the years, as well as countless straps. I particularly remember the DLC PRS-20 Destro. Great to see you active again. Dave
    You know, I'd actually forgotten about that. It wasn't quite to everyone's taste, but I thought it worked

Quote Originally Posted by AIDM View Post
    Not one to blow smoke, but Rich was my watch guru back in the day!
    I'm not sure anyone ever thought about me as a watch guru TBH

Quote Originally Posted by Kidsteruk View Post
    Lovely to see a 125 in the mix; my birth year watch, but I haven't got the wrist size to pull it off. How does it compare to the Pams for size?
    It's big and heavy - wears similar to a 47mm steel Panerai. I've owned countless Speedmasters but the 125 is the only one I couldn't part with. I bought my watch from a retired Swiss Omega tecnician, and although it doesn't get worn much it's one of my absolute favourite watches.

Quote Originally Posted by konlew View Post
    Great to see you back!
    You need some 47 mm Panerai - for sure!
    I really don't . Since loosing weight I've sold all my 47mm Luminors as they are just too big for me now. There's more chance of me buying a 40mm Luminor than a 47mm now

Quote Originally Posted by dandanthewatchman View Post
    What model is the first Omega ? I’ve been hankering after a soccertime but prices mad and your model has a similar dial
    It's a Chronostop, one of the larger cushion case models. Mine has what's known as a roulette dial. There's a good basic write up here https://danhenrywatches.com/blogs/journal/the-omega-chronostop

Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    100 watches is a lot, after my collection went up and now I have brought it back down I feel more satisfied, sometimes too many dilutes the passion for the watches you really appreciate.
    That's very true, and culling a collection drastically also means you have to make some tough choices. I've been left with 20 or so watches that I realy can't see me ever parting with, and although I do sometimes wish I hadn't sold a particular watch (most often my old Sinn 857 UTC, Omega Speedsonic, IWC 3538 or Panerai 190) I don't regret letting any of them go.

Good to see you back properly Rich. You still have a fine collection.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Good to see you back, Rich.

I knew the name rang a bell!

I've got one of your straps, but it's so nice I'm not sure I've any watches worthy of it, so it hasn't been fitted!

I should probably try it on my Speedmaster

M

Sent from my ASUS_X00PD using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Great to see you back, Rich.

Your Panerais make me miss my 156...

Simon

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    WB Rich.
    I love that FL Deep blue, 233 and the chronostop.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    He does indeed - and I rate them very highly.

https://toshi-straps.co.uk

R
    Thanks for the link, they do look nice

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk