closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tudor heritage ranger.

Master
    Blog Entries

Tudor heritage ranger.

Anyone own one? I have a hankering for one and wondered why they are like on different straps.

I’ve had a few, but always moved them on simply due to size. I want to love them, but the reality is the Explorer is a much better fit for me.

In terms of being able to take different straps, you won’t find much better. It’s good on anything and everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s superb on almost any strap - only reason I sold mine was it was 2mm too large fir je

I’ve got a Ranger and tried it on a few different straps as below.
    Rubber with curved ends is my preferred choice at the moment although leather NATO and perlon also look pretty good.
    Don’t find the size to be a problem although I don’t wear it as much as I should.

It’s a great looking watch, one that I really wanted but for me, it just wears too big.
    I’d love to see this reintroduced in 36-38mm.

Master
    Very versatile. I’d wait to see what happened in April if I were you.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Agree with some of the other comments - I had one (sold on here I think) and although I loved the design, I could never quite get it comfortable on my wrist. I have bigger watches that fit OK but this one didn't quite work with my wrist. A shame, as they're very nice watches.

I had a Ranger, was my daily for about 15 months. Great watch, and definitely suits virtually any strap. Drilled lugs as well so chopping & changing is a piece of cake. I sold mine for similar reasons to others, it’s a few mm too large for the type of watch that it is. That, and I wanted to wear it on a bracelet too but couldn’t get on with the straight end links.

Always said that if Tudor brought it out in 38 with a fitted end link bracelet it would be perfect. If ever they did that I’d be straight in for another.

Here’s some old pics of mine on a brown leather which is what it spent most of it’s time on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by lughugger View Post
    Very versatile. I’d wait to see what happened in April if I were you.

We can but hope. Been on my wish list for a while. Would be perfect in a slightly smaller size. I fear it will never happen though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tsunami View Post
    We can but hope. Been on my wish list for a while. Would be perfect in a slightly smaller size. I fear it will never happen though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I think in a 38 it would’ve been too much of a cheaper competitor to the 39 Explorer? But if the rumours of Rolex bumping the Explorer up to 41 are true, then downsizing the Ranger might be a possibility and a genuine alternative for those wanting Rolex to relaunch the Explorer in 36 (which they won’t do).

Would love them to relaunch this.

Quote Originally Posted by davidj54 View Post
    I think in a 38 it would’ve been too much of a cheaper competitor to the 39 Explorer? But if the rumours of Rolex bumping the Explorer up to 41 are true, then downsizing the Ranger might be a possibility and a genuine alternative for those wanting Rolex to relaunch the Explorer in 36 (which they won’t do).
    Why on earth would you make the Explorer 41mm! So many nice watches that would be much more appealing if they were a couple of mm smaller imo.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Waldorf View Post
    Why on earth would you make the Explorer 41mm! So many nice watches that would be much more appealing if they were a couple of mm smaller imo.

Cheers
    I personally wouldn’t! I think it wears quite big even at 39. But there is talk/rumours that Rolex will be doing this, with the Sub and OP having moved to 41mm recently and the DJ already being there. The Explorer is the only 39mm watch they have left. The Explorer is due a movement upgrade, so with tooling established to make numerous 41mm cases it’s not economical for them to retain tooling for just one 39 case, therefore they may increase the size and upgrade the movement together. Or so the theory goes. Who knows with Rolex.

Craftsman
    Also love the watch but to much dial for me. I think Tudor should add a 38mm to the range line

Craftsman
    If they put the in-house movement in it then I'd buy one. But for now I'm very happy with my North Flag.

Another fan of the design here, but not the size. If it were offered at 36mm, I'd have one on my arm very quickly.

Master
    I agree with the general consensus. It's a lovely design, but too big. I tried on on a few years ago. Loved the dial but not the size. With both this and the North Flag discontinued, I think there is a space in Tudor's collection for a Ranger style watch in the 36-39mm size range.