closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Longines Watch Spirit Chronograph Mens. L3.820.4.93.0.

Craftsman

Longines Watch Spirit Chronograph Mens. L3.820.4.93.0.

I have just had an email about this Longines Chronograph, which I really like the look of. But does anyone know what the pusher at 10 o'clock is for?

Nice watch. The pusher on LHS let’s you do a google search. Just kiddin:-) it is for changing the date.

Craftsman
    Or maybe it is a split second timer? This is from a manual on the Longines web-site (where C is the pusher at 10 o'clock):

SPLIT-SECONDS function

Between START and STOP, press push-piece C to activate the SPLIT-SECONDS function. The SPLIT-SECONDS and 30-MINUTE counter hands will stop. The 1/10th of a SECOND counter hand will move to the nearest measured one tenth. Meanwhile, the 60-SECOND
    counter will not stop running.

After reading the measured time, press push-piece C to reactivate the measured time display. The SPLIT-SECONDS and 30-MINUTE counter hands will catch up to the positions corresponding to the ongoing elapsed time. The 1/10th of a SECOND counter hand will return to zero.
    Sounds awfully clever and complicated!

Overall a great looking watch. I have to say though the mix of plunger and screwdown pushers jars my eyes a bit

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    Overall a great looking watch. I have to say though the mix of plunger and screwdown pushers jars my eyes a bit
    Have to agree - but overall quite a good looking watch

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    its most definitely not a ratrappante chrono.

As stated previously it’s the date corrector button.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatters View Post
    Or maybe it is a split second timer? This is from a manual on the Longines web-site (where C is the pusher at 10 o'clock):

Sounds awfully clever and complicated!
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

Master
    I had a watch with the date adjustment on a pusher rather than a crown position. If you are a fiddler like me it's a recipe for disaster unless it's only active when the crown is pulled out.

My old 70s Longines Five Star Admiral has the pusher date, but fortunately it's just part of the main crown, no additional crown needed. I wonder why they have gone with a separate crown for that on this chrono?

Oh, I see it's 100m WR, so that may be why.