closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: The Citizen Promaster Automatic NY0100-50XE (With green dial)

The Citizen Promaster Automatic NY0100-50XE (With green dial)

Citizen have introduced a promaster marine automatic diver with a green dial , the NY0100-50XE . I really like the colour of the dial on this one , very nice .

https://monochrome-watches.com/citiz...00-50xe-price/

Master

The Citizen Promaster Automatic NY0100-50XE (With green dial)

The citizen pro master is a great watch but never seen one as attractive as this, I agree the dial is lovely on this model

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Very well priced too, a titanium Japanese auto for 315 pounds!

https://www.iguanasell.co.uk/product...yABEgLMK_D_BwE

Master
    It looks terrific. And it’s not merely titanium but hardened titanium.

Also, this Citizen is a Fugu — it’s got significant horological interest. Among mechanical watches, it’s the ISO-certified diver in longest continuous production. And the Fugu is one of very few automatics issued to (Italian) navy divers long after the advent of quartz.

It's been out a while. There is a blue too... and a full lume one in steel.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougal View Post
    It looks terrific. And it’s not merely titanium but hardened titanium.

Also, this Citizen is a Fugu — it’s got significant horological interest. Among mechanical watches, it’s the ISO-certified diver in longest continuous production. And the Fugu is one of very few automatics issued to (Italian) navy divers long after the advent of quartz.
    Interesting fact about the navy there, I have always admired the old squale navy diver watches issued to the Italians

Master
    This isn’t too shabby, either.

https://www.ernestjones.co.uk/websto...r+strap+watch/

There’s also a blue dial version with bracelet. A lot of watch for a relatively small amount of cash.

- - - Updated - - -

And good to see the return of the Nighthawk.

https://www.watchshop.com/watches/ci...bj7138-04e.pdp
    Last edited by seabiscuit; 19th February 2021 at 01:31.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Very well priced too, a titanium Japanese auto for 315 pounds!

https://www.iguanasell.co.uk/product...yABEgLMK_D_BwE

I think this has been out for quite a while, the price "was" good and they used to offer a decent discount too.

Master
    I’ve been on eBay and found the blue/green versions new for about 275, that’s unbelievable for what you are getting I think, if your write seiko in it they would relieve you of almost a grand I imagine

I’ve been on eBay and found the blue/green versions new for about 275, that’s unbelievable for what you are getting I think, if your write seiko in it they would relieve you of almost a grand I imagine

From what I recall I had a look at these a few months back, the movement is the same base movement they used in their old diver watch that doesnt hack. I had one years ago the time keeping was poor and the bezel moved if you so much as looked at it the wrong way. Not that I think the Seiko was anything remarkable but Orient have a better watch IMO.

Master

Interesting fact about the navy there
    Yes, I thought so too. Twenty-four years after the first quartz watch, Italian Navy SEALs were issued with the Citizen Fugu ― an automatic watch.

I think, if your write seiko in it they would relieve you of almost a grand I imagine
    Precisely. I thought Fugu was Japanese for ‘pufferfish’. But the real translation should be ‘eats the SKXs for breakfast’ And the titanium Fugu's spec isn't far off a Shogun (hardened titanium, robust auto movement, applied indices, and so on).

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    From what I recall I had a look at these a few months back ...
    While I don't have the model mentioned by the OP, I have got one of the trendy new NY011 range. Mine is excellent — lovely bezel action, the crown screws in beautifully, and the whole thing feels nice'n'tight. It's not hacking but you can hand wind the movement.

Compared to earlier Fugu models, the NY011 is a step up (120-click bezel, sapphire crystal, better strap). Albeit there isn't a titanium NY011 yet. My NY011 feels similar quality to Steinhart. It meant buying online from Asia — a few weeks patience for it to arrive, but otherwise hassle-free.
    Last edited by Dougal; 19th February 2021 at 14:38.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    From what I recall I had a look at these a few months back, the movement is the same base movement they used in their old diver watch that doesnt hack. I had one years ago the time keeping was poor and the bezel moved if you so much as looked at it the wrong way. Not that I think the Seiko was anything remarkable but Orient have a better watch IMO.
    Won’t dispute orient make a great watch and not hacking is a pain but never had a citizen evo drive or auto keep bad time, had a couple before and was always impressed

Craftsman
    Green dials are great on divers and this one looks good but is it me or have almost all the promo shots for these & other Citizens posted got some combination of mis-aligned bezel / chapter ring / dial markers?!
    Some are off at the top but ok at the bottom which is either more worrying or just a trick of the crystal.

Master

Smile

My Citizen Fugu is aligned perfectly. But Citizen like to use Photoshop to make the chapter ring look misaligned, so that they can compete with Seiko

Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

And good to see the return of the Nighthawk.

https://www.watchshop.com/watches/ci...bj7138-04e.pdp
    If I remember correctly Citizen do a whole series of Nighthawk and other models that are only available in Italy...

Won’t dispute orient make a great watch and not hacking is a pain but never had a citizen evo drive or auto keep bad time, had a couple before and was always impressed

While I dont own this modern version I cant help but think back to the Citizen I did own which price wise I think was about £80 the Seiko at the time £120 on a bracelet and about £100 on a rubber strap. The Orient Mako was about £60 on a rubber strap and was far and above the better watch. Orient have since done a fair few upgrades on their watches (Sapphire crystal, hacking movements) all for under what Seiko are offering and still feel the better watch. I would really like to rate the Citizen but in comparison between the three the Citizen was the poor relation. Would have loved them to put an upgraded movement in these new watches but that has really put me off.

Master

NY011 is the connoisseur’s Citizen diver

Until recently, I’d have put Orient divers ahead of Citizen Fugus. (I’ve owned both.) But Citizen’s latest NY011 divers are a few notches up the quality scale.

Now I’d say that the NY011 range has a significant edge over Orient (and they both beat the SKX comfortably).