closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RIP Rush Limbaugh

Blog Entries

RIP Rush Limbaugh

Hate him love him your choice but a big part of American radio and someone i listened to in my days in the good ol US of A

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/rush-limba...182326297.html
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

One of the worst people to walk the earth. Rabidly anti-gay, he used to celebrate on his radio show when gay people died of AIDS. His misogyny and racism were also spectacular. He will only be missed by those of a similar ilk.

Good riddance. May he rot in hell.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    Hate him love him your choice but a big part of American radio and someone i listened to in my days in the good ol US of A

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/rush-limba...182326297.html
    He doesn't sound like someone who should "rest in peace", do you subscribe to his views?
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    He doesn't sound like someone who should "rest in peace", do you subscribe to his views?
    Oh come on and for once grow up, Jesus

It is a simple the bloke has died nothing to do with like , dislike ,agree or disagree
    Last edited by mart broad; 17th February 2021 at 21:25.

On the basis that if you haven't got anything nice to say about someone, you shouldn't say anything,

Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    On the basis that if you haven't got anything nice to say about someone, you shouldn't say anything,
    Fair enough, discount my comment.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    Not a view he subscibed to.

Oh dear, how sad, never mind.

“You should never say bad things about the dead, only good… Joan Crawford is dead. Good.”- Bette Davis

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Fair enough, discount my comment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Corporalsparrow View Post
    Not a view he subscibed to.

You maybe didn't notice that my sentence ended in a comma, which I followed with all the nice things I had to say about him.

RIP Rush Limbaugh

Baiting again Mart? Things are that bad?
    This outstanding human being is dead. Good. I’ll urinate on his grave at the first opportunity.

Warning woop woop warning: Bear Pit massif in the G&D.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    Baiting again Mart? Things are that bad?
    This outstanding human being is dead. Good. I’ll urinate on his grave at the first opportunity.
    Not at all just reporting that a person who was a major contributor to American radio has passed whatever your views on his contribution is your opinion but of course as ever a bunch of hysterical bitches have to shriek and overreact but you all have a nice night.

(...) a major contributor to American radio (...)
    • In 2019, Limbaugh claimed that “the entire homosexual community is going to become pro-life” if it's “discovered that homosexuality is genetic.”
    • In 2017, Limbaugh used an anti-trans slur while saying that Republicans should not “provide a comforting atmosphere for the tranny community and the gay community.”
    • In 2016, Limbaugh claimed that the Iowa LGBT Rural Summit was an attempt to “convince lesbians to become farmers” in order to “bust up one of the last geographically conservative regions in the country.”
    • In 2016, Limbaugh claimed that Washington state schools’ trans-inclusive curriculum would be “teaching transgenderism to kindergartners” as a “recruitment” tactic.
    • That same year, Limbaugh claimed that LGBTQ rights are “leading to the erosion of private property” and that “the federal government is going to have to come in and take over everything in order to guarantee civil rights.”
    • That same year, Limbaugh suggested that Roman Catholic Church sexual abuse cases in Boston were a result of “the gay infiltration of the Catholic Church.”
    • After the U.S. military lifted began to allow trans people to serve openly in the military in 2016, Limbaugh mocked trans soldiers by saying they had an “add-a-dick-to-me procedure.”
    • In 2015, Limbaugh called transgender people mentally ill and said that gender-affirming health care is “treating mental illness with mental illness.”
    • That same year, defending then-Indiana Gov. Mike Pence signing the Religious Freedom Restoration Act, Limbaugh suggested that marriage equality would lead to bestiality, asking, “What happens if you love your dog?”
    • In 2014, Limbaugh falsely claimed that the murder of Matthew Shepard was not a hate crime.
    • In 2013, according to Politico, Limbaugh said there was “a movement to normalize pedophilia” and tied it to same-sex marriage.
    • Later that year, Limbaugh said that conservatives are terrified of criticizing the LGBTQ community because of its “militant political gay element.”
    • According to LGBTQ Nation, Limbaugh spent years deriding people with HIV and AIDS and denounced federal spending on preventing the diseases’ spread because there was no “evidence that it was spreading to the heterosexual community, not sexually anyway.”

If that isn't enough, there is more here and here and here.
    Last edited by Raffe; 17th February 2021 at 23:45.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    • In 2019, Limbaugh claimed that “the entire homosexual community is going to become pro-life” if it's “discovered that homosexuality is genetic.”
    • In 2017, Limbaugh used an anti-trans slur while saying that Republicans should not “provide a comforting atmosphere for the tranny community and the gay community.”
    • In 2016, Limbaugh claimed that the Iowa LGBT Rural Summit was an attempt to “convince lesbians to become farmers” in order to “bust up one of the last geographically conservative regions in the country.”
    • In 2016, Limbaugh claimed that Washington state schools’ trans-inclusive curriculum would be “teaching transgenderism to kindergartners” as a “recruitment” tactic.
    • That same year, Limbaugh claimed that LGBTQ rights are “leading to the erosion of private property” and that “the federal government is going to have to come in and take over everything in order to guarantee civil rights.”
    • That same year, Limbaugh suggested that Roman Catholic Church sexual abuse cases in Boston were a result of “the gay infiltration of the Catholic Church.”
    • After the U.S. military lifted began to allow trans people to serve openly in the military in 2016, Limbaugh mocked trans soldiers by saying they had an “add-a-dick-to-me procedure.”
    • In 2015, Limbaugh called transgender people mentally ill and said that gender-affirming health care is “treating mental illness with mental illness.”
    • That same year, defending then-Indiana Gov. Mike Pence signing the Religious Freedom Restoration Act, Limbaugh suggested that marriage equality would lead to bestiality, asking, “What happens if you love your dog?”
    • In 2014, Limbaugh falsely claimed that the murder of Matthew Shepard was not a hate crime.
    • In 2013, according to Politico, Limbaugh said there was “a movement to normalize pedophilia” and tied it to same-sex marriage.
    • Later that year, Limbaugh said that conservatives are terrified of criticizing the LGBTQ community because of its “militant political gay element.”
    • According to LGBTQ Nation, Limbaugh spent years deriding people with HIV and AIDS and denounced federal spending on preventing the diseases’ spread because there was no “evidence that it was spreading to the heterosexual community, not sexually anyway.”

If that isn't enough, there is more here and here and here.

If you need another tissue just shout

Master

No need for tissues. I’m rejoicing that there’s one less sack of excrement masquerading as a human being in this world.

I only need a bucket.

Back in the '80s, I found him to be refreshingly entertaining. His views and statements soon turned me off...beyond off.

Master
    Improbably backward arsehole, though I wouldn't have wished him dead.

When he is buried, the world will have one more public toilet.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by monogroover View Post
    Improbably backward arsehole, though I wouldn't have wished him dead.
    Agreed.
    Would have like to see him suffer a decade or more from cancer and other painful illness.

Can’t say I am upset and am just relieved that another hate peddling toerag has stopped spreading their horrible views!

Master
    Living a sheltered life, I had never heard of him. Given the comments expressed here, I certainly have no wish to seek out his views, but I do find what some people are saying, and the way that some are saying it to be very sad.

Shows how some things don’t cross the pond. I had heard of him but thought he was a politician - I often watch US TV shows and it’s amazing how many ‘celebrities’ in the US have little to no recognition over here. With US culture so prevalent it still surprises me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never heard of him either. Imagine largely preaching to the converted TBH.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by EJL25 View Post
    Agreed.
    Would have like to see him suffer a decade or more from cancer and other painful illness.
    This made me laugh. Not sure what's worse, wishing someone dead or wishing them a lifetime of pain. Either way, good riddance to Rush Limbaugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Corporalsparrow View Post
    “You should never say bad things about the dead, only good… Joan Crawford is dead. Good.”- Bette Davis
    LOL! I do like the sheer bitchery of Hollywood's Golden Age.
    Last edited by PreacherCain; 18th February 2021 at 11:16.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Never heard of him either. Imagine largely preaching to the converted TBH.
    Same, no idea who he is at all

to me some of RIP threads seem to be a contest over you can find the most obscure person no one has ever heard of.

Blog Entries
    Posted just to see if there would be a reaction as of course there was mainly from the usual suspects
    I personally have not heard anything from this guy for over 20 yrs when i was living in the States and diddled the radio waves whilst driving but i can only suppose from some of the comments expressed that a few of our fellow members must have kept up to date.
    Oh and on a personal note what kind of “ P” he rests in i could not care less.
    Last edited by mart broad; 18th February 2021 at 11:56.

Yeah, who?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Case View Post
    Yeah, who?
    You’re Ally, aren’t you?

Posted just to see if there would be a reaction as of course there was mainly from the usual suspects
    I personally have not heard anything from this guy for over 20 yrs when i was living in the States and diddled the radio waves whilst driving but i can only suppose from some of the comments expressed that a few of our fellow members must have kept up to date.
    Oh and on a personal note what of “ P” he rests in i could not care less.
    Genius.

Oh and on a personal note what of “ P” he rests in i could not care less.
    Yeah, those were the days.

What did you find more interesting at the time - when he mocked the death of people dying from AIDS or when he called 13-year-old Chelsea Clinton a dog?

Master
    This man does not deserve to rest in peace

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Yeah, those were the days.

What did you find more interesting at the time - when he mocked the death of people dying from AIDS or when he called 13-year-old Chelsea Clinton a dog?
    Mate a different time and world and unlike you my life is not a spread sheet driving in the states back in the day one went from radio tower to radio tower picking up and losing programmes and depending where you were the content changed this guy was just a part of the radio at that time nothing more nothing else.

Never heard of him. Must make more effort to keep up to speed with people I can virtue-signal my abhorance of.
    Last edited by Jdh1; 18th February 2021 at 12:48.

Master
    Mart, it’s funny how you take umbrage at people saying things like “I’d trade a kidney for that watch” and I agree with you, throwaway remarks like that are crass. I think you said you’d lost your first wife to kidney disease. It’s therefore understandable that such flippant comments are going to offend you.
    But then you seem totally relaxed about spotlighting a guy who has rejoiced in the deaths of people with Aids and who has fanned the flames of homophobia for decades. I think this contradiction in your outlook is what confuses people here.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    Mart, it’s funny how you take umbrage at people saying things like “I’d trade a kidney for that watch” and I agree with you, throwaway remarks like that are crass. I think you said you’d lost your first wife to kidney disease. It’s therefore understandable that such flippant comments are going to offend you.
    But then you seem totally relaxed about spotlighting a guy who has rejoiced in the deaths of people with Aids and who has fanned the flames of homophobia for decades. I think this contradiction in your outlook is what confuses people here.
    The throwaway Kidney remark i find deeply offensive on a personal level and when i posted i was maybe reflecting on the cost to both my late Wife but also on my life.
    Limbaugh was a major player in American radio and even “ Sleepy Joe” has sent his condolences according to the BBC news and as such a death worth reporting in much the same way if the Nth Korean Dictator kicked the bucket or Putin or,or the list is endless.
    Last edited by mart broad; 18th February 2021 at 12:54.

The throwaway Kidney remark i find deeply offensive on a personal level and when i posted i was maybe reflecting on the cost to both my late Wife but also on my life.
    Limbaugh was a major player in American radio and even “ Sleepy Joe” has sent his condolences according to the BBC news and as such a death worth reporting in much the same way if the Nth Korean Dictator kicked the bucket or Putin or,or the list is endless.
    Ridiculous. RL was addressing the most bigoted part of right wing America, but his audience still represented a significant percentage of the electorate. As such, it is perfectly natural that Biden expressed his condolences, even if he had popped a bottle of bubbly privately. Likewise I wage that Kamala Harris will offer her condolences when Trump dies. I am not sure there will be a single word she actually means, but it will proper just the same.

Blog Entries
    Can't say I'd ever heard of the man, but having now read about his views I'm not surprised. I don't think wishing that kind of suffering on others is a good place to be though, it's one of his traits apparently, and it kind of puts you on a par with him tbh.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdh1 View Post
    Never heard of him. Must make more effort to keep up to speed with people I can virtue-signal my abhorance of.
    Ironically, he was one of the main agents of hauling that particular phrase out of a minor technical role in obscure sociology and into the alt-right toolkit. In its current guise, it's a particularly Orwellian insult as it isn't just a decent insult, but it forces the user to connote, say, disgust with racism and racists with insincerity. The idea that abhoring a man like Limbaugh isn't sincere, but is in fact just an attempt to signal compliance with the norms of an in group is impressively corrosive. Mind you, it's handy as it saves the user the trouble of actually engaging with the ethical problems with someone like Limbaugh. Perhaps if people did keep up with folk like Limbaugh, and the nonsense they are spreading, you wouldn't have to virtue signal: you'd actually be disgusted. As it is, you apparently don't know who he is, but you are repeating his propaganda.
    Last edited by M4tt; 18th February 2021 at 21:06.

Quote Originally Posted by M4tt View Post
    Ironically, he was one of the main agents of hauling that particular phrase out of a minor technical role in obscure sociology and into the alt-right toolkit. In its current guise, it's a particularly Orwellian insult as it isn't just a decent insult, but it forces the user to connote, say, disgust with racism and racists with insincerity. The idea that abhoring a man like Limbaugh isn't sincere, but is in fact just an attempt to signal compliance with the norms of an in group is impressively corrosive. Mind you, it's handy as it saves the user the trouble of actually engaging with the ethical problems with someone like Limbaugh. Perhaps if people did keep up with folk like Limbaugh, and the shit they are spreading, you wouldn't have to virtue signal: you'd actually be disgusted. As it is, you apparently don't know who he is, but you are repeating his propaganda.
    I perfectly understand why you hate the notion of virtue signalling Matt. Very tough to deal with isn't it? Have a trip into the Bear Pit and help them out justifying wishing people dead. I think they need you.

I perfectly understand why you hate the notion of virtue signalling Matt. Very tough to deal with isn't it? Have a trip into the Bear Pit and help them out justifying wishing people dead. I think they need you.
    Wooosh

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    Wooosh
    No, I think you'll find that's you.

Quote Originally Posted by M4tt View Post
    Ironically, he was one of the main agents of hauling that particular phrase out of a minor technical role in obscure sociology and into the alt-right toolkit. In its current guise, it's a particularly Orwellian insult as it isn't just a decent insult, but it forces the user to connote, say, disgust with racism and racists with insincerity. The idea that abhoring a man like Limbaugh isn't sincere, but is in fact just an attempt to signal compliance with the norms of an in group is impressively corrosive. Mind you, it's handy as it saves the user the trouble of actually engaging with the ethical problems with someone like Limbaugh. Perhaps if people did keep up with folk like Limbaugh, and the shit they are spreading, you wouldn't have to virtue signal: you'd actually be disgusted. As it is, you apparently don't know who he is, but you are repeating his propaganda.
    I knew you could be trusted to come up with the most biting and appropriate response.

- - - Updated - - -

Double whoosh!