closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Gaming controller for iMac?

Gaming controller for iMac?

Specifically for Minecraft?

Our 13-year-old has hemiplegia and struggles to use the computer keyboard properly and as consequence is missing out on Minecraft sessions with his friends. Unfortunately this is the only way they can connect at the moment until they go back to school.

Does anyone have any hints and tips about the best way to enable a controller for iMac use? He has a PS4 with two controllers and a cursory search indicates this could be a solution.

I just wanted to gather ideas from anyone experienced before I disappear down a YouTube rabbit hole.

TIA

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Specifically for Minecraft?

Our 13-year-old has hemiplegia and struggles to use the computer keyboard properly and as consequence is missing out on Minecraft sessions with his friends. Unfortunately this is the only way they can connect at the moment until they go back to school.

Does anyone have any hints and tips about the best way to enable a controller for iMac use? He has a PS4 with two controllers and a cursory search indicates this could be a solution.

I just wanted to gather ideas from anyone experienced before I disappear down a YouTube rabbit hole.

TIA
    Cant he play minecraft on the PS4? My kids play it on the XBox one and it is cross platform between android/PC/XBox one/PS4/nintendo switch at least
    Last edited by Brighty; 22nd February 2021 at 11:22.

Quote Originally Posted by Brighty View Post
    Cant he play minecraft on the PS4? My kids play it on the XBox one and it is cross platform between android/PC/XBox one/PS4/nintendo switch at least
    Apparently not. They all use a java edition or something, so the PS4 version doesn't work with it.

No experience but would Xbox Adaptive Controller work for him?

Should work on iMac https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT210414.

Journeyman
    The PS4 controller works fine with a Mac but I had to connect it to the PS4 with a cable to re-sync when using with PS4 again. Not an issue if you’ve got a spare controller but a bit of a faff if switching regularly between PS4 and Mac.

Setting up on the Mac is simple. Plug it in via USB, go to Bluetooth settings and pair it.
    Last edited by SlipperySam; 22nd February 2021 at 12:14.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    No experience but would Xbox Adaptive Controller work for him?

Should work on iMac https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT210414.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlipperySam View Post
    The PS4 controller works fine with a Mac but I had to connect it to the PS4 with a cable to re-sync when using with PS4 again. Not an issue if you’ve got a spare controller but a bit of a faff if switching regularly between PS4 and Mac.

Setting up on the Mac is simple. Plug it in via USB, go to Bluetooth settings and pair it.
    Thanks both.

I can connect the controller without issue but the problem arises trying to make it work with Java Minecraft. I think I need to add a third party enabler like Steam? This is me down the rabbit hole already

Master
    https://www.addictivetips.com/window...ox-controller/

I imagine you obviously switch the OS and controller but the principles and what you do hold

Craftsman
    I too use a PS4 controller on my iMac. Works great in both wireless and wired.