closing tag is in template navbar
Time Factors Watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 115

Thread: Chronext commission sale - huge nightmare

  1. #1

    Chronext commission sale - huge nightmare

    So I wanted to sell a watch last Dec and Chronext gave a very good offer on a commission basis, which worked well for me as I was not in a hurry anyway. I enquired through the UK site, but for some reason their Germany (main) office dealt with it. Anyhow, we agreed on a price, they sent a label through, I packed up the watch and sent it all on the same day. The communication was excellent till this point, with almost instant replies. The watch arrived at their office in Cologne the next morning (shown on tracking), and the salesperson confirmed quite quickly too. This was on 17 Dec, 2020.

    Then the nightmare began...

    The watch wasn't online properly until the 12th Jan, during this time I've emailed several times (of course not during the Christmas and new year holidays) asking for progress, but received minimal replies. (a few excuses from them in between but it's understandable I guess as it was the holiday season).

    However, as it went on their website, the production year was wrong, specs were missing, and even the title of the watch was not descriptive enough to show on google searches. I didn't notice for a while and contacted them when I did - took some time for them to correct this info and the watch was finally advertised correctly on the 30th or 31st of Jan. That worked wonders as it was sold within two days. That's when it started to get bad.

    So I emailed them to ask them how the payout would work from there. I received this reply on the 2nd Feb:

    "It was my pleasure. Your watch has been ordered yesterday, but I am still waiting for confirmation that it has been picked up. I will let you if there are any updates. After sale we have to wait the 14 days of return possibility until we can pay you out. You can send us your bank details by email."

    I thought fair enough. However I waited for a few days, with no updates. Sent an email to ask if the watch has indeed been picked up or shipped, nothing. After that I sent an email or two every few days, and more emails the past 3 days (as it's been more than two weeks since it was sold).

    This morning I finally heard back from them,

    "We are sorry for the late reply. Your watch hasn't picked up by the customer yet and he is going to collect the watch on 15th of March. After the 14 days clear period, i.e. 29th of March, we can officially inform you that your watch is sold and make the payment. If you would like to sell your watch directly to us, based on our extensive market expertise, is xxxx GBP (£1500 lower than what they owe me now after commission sale, and even less than their original straight sell price). The current payout period is one to two weeks. We look forward to receiving your answer."

    So they sold the watch and received the money on 2 Feb, and won't pay out till at least early to mid-April (assuming they aren't lying about that either), and offered to pay me £1500 less if I want the money now... This surely is a joke right? I'd hardly imagine anyone paying for a watch, not wanting it to be shipped and receive it next day, but rather wait for a month and a half to pick it up.. I replied to ask this exact question, but doubt that they're allowed to give me any information regarding their correspondence with whoever bought it. But surely they can't get away with saying this to every seller?

    What would you do? I really couldn't be bothered to call, post on their social media sites etc before, but might have to now.

    This would certainly be my last dealing with them.. Avoid chronext (as seller at least).

    Cheers,

    Tommy
    Last edited by tommyzzj; 17th February 2021 at 15:35.

  2. #2
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    North
    Posts
    16,059
    Blog Entries
    2
    Id be tempted to write to them and revoke the sale.

  3. #3
    Craftsman Euan Begbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Falkirk scotland
    Posts
    426
    Watch back, complete jokers. They know exactly what they are doing.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    I would also be considering asking them to return the watch.

    It would be interesting to see if that prompts them to make the payment sooner due to losing the commission.

  5. #5
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Chester and Merseyside, UK
    Posts
    3,810
    The internet offers unlimited exposure.

    Imagine if the buyer saw this and confirmed that he had already collected the watch.

    Might be worth publishing some specific details.

  6. #6
    Grand Master AlphaOmega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Trinovantum
    Posts
    10,224
    I'm with C, cancel the sale and get the watch back.

    Alternatively, tell them you want a BT for the correct amount in your account by a specific day.

    Don't let emotions sway you from your preferred outcome.

  7. #7
    Thanks for the suggestions so far gents, asking them to return the watch was my first instinct as well - however that might incur the likely VAT when the watch arrives back in the UK (as it's in Germany now...) unless I'm missing something

  8. #8
    Master TKH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hot Tub
    Posts
    2,189
    If i was in same situation/ predicament i would definitely want my property back asap and sent fully insured....

    I dont think VAT should be an issue as you / they can agree its your property has not changed hands and they had it for pre sale appraisal....watches must go back and forth to EU for servicing every day...so no declared value for customs....?

    Woeful- performance.....

  9. #9
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    South East
    Posts
    1,159
    I can completely understand the 14 day period, but regards the rest sounds like complete codís wallop- if it was me and as suggested I would call their bluff, ask for the watch to be sent immediately back, Iím sure they could ship it to their London office so you avoid the VAT? Whoís to know what theyíll make up when itís time to pay supposedly in March.

  10. #10
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Chelmsford, Essex
    Posts
    510
    very bad customer service. I understand that until they are sure the watch cant be returned then they wont want to pay you but it all seems strange with such a long delay. Offering to speed up payment by paying you less seems very unprofessional and an attempt to prey on those who maybe desperate for the money

  11. #11
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    location, location
    Posts
    3,456
    Reading their reply, is it possible they're saying the buyer has delayed the purchase and now plans on picking it up on 15th March, and possibly he'll be paying then?

    Not sure why the 14 day rule would still apply though, in that case?

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by gcleminson View Post
    Reading their reply, is it possible they're saying the buyer has delayed the purchase and now plans on picking it up on 15th March, and possibly he'll be paying then?

    Not sure why the 14 day rule would still apply though, in that case?
    I doubt that Chronext was happy to take the watch off their website and hold it for someone for 1.5 months without payment... but I could be wrong

  13. #13
    Master Christian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    7,803
    For me it would depend on how easy the piece is to sell and how much you could sell it for versus the price chronext would pay you on 29th March. It obviously sounds pretty rubbish service but I guess you need to take a good look at your options as it stands at this point in time...wait 5 weeks for payment versus the wait to get the watch back (including any potential customs issues) and then selling it by other means. Also thrown into that mix is the chance the buyer pulls out before collecting or exercises his 14-day return.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob153 View Post
    I can completely understand the 14 day period, but regards the rest sounds like complete codís wallop- if it was me and as suggested I would call their bluff, ask for the watch to be sent immediately back, Iím sure they could ship it to their London office so you avoid the VAT? Whoís to know what theyíll make up when itís time to pay supposedly in March.
    I think I will ask them to return the watch and ask explicitly about the VAT issue - don't want to be in a situation where the watch is stuck at customs :P I'm fairly sure Chronext won't be very helpful then

  15. #15
    Master MakeColdplayHistory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,183
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyzzj View Post
    I think I will ask them to return the watch...
    Are you able to do that in the terms of any agreement you have with them? They think they have sold it and could end up with a disappointed customer.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by TKH View Post
    If i was in same situation/ predicament i would definitely want my property back asap and sent fully insured....

    I dont think VAT should be an issue as you / they can agree its your property has not changed hands and they had it for pre sale appraisal....watches must go back and forth to EU for servicing every day...so no declared value for customs....?

    Woeful- performance.....
    They will have to declare a customs value but you shou;d be abe to recover the VAT as it is your property and was not permanently exported. Given they have chipped 1500 I guess it is quite expensive so I would check the exact process with HMRC before going down this route but you should not have to pay any VAT on a temporary export and your personal property.

  17. #17
    Grand Master Saint-Just's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ashford, Kent
    Posts
    23,094
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyzzj View Post
    I think I will ask them to return the watch and ask explicitly about the VAT issue - don't want to be in a situation where the watch is stuck at customs :P I'm fairly sure Chronext won't be very helpful then
    You are not buying the watch, so there is no VAT. State the reasons why you are calling the deal off, and say you expect to pick your watch up from their Fleet Street address within 7 days.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    You are not buying the watch, so there is no VAT. State the reasons why you are calling the deal off, and say you expect to pick your watch up from their Fleet Street address within 7 days.
    Thanks, I just got this reply regarding the mid March pick-up situation. "Because the customer cannot collect the watch before 15th of March and he made a deposit in advance as discussed with our colleague from the sales team" (which means the watch is not technically sold, but off the market indefinitely)

    I would of course not wait until then to entertain them (and possibly be told that the buyer had pulled out or need more time or something.)

    Therefore I've asked them to either honour the commission sale payout now (I guess they will need to ask the buyer to pay in full), or return the watch to me.

    Will post updates here.

    Thanks again guys for the comments

  19. #19
    I would be weighing up the time to complete the sale, and the amount it is selling for. Presumably you want to sell. If you get the watch back, you are back to square one.

    Chronext are notoriously slow. Iíve had this with purchases as well, and said Iíd never use them if I wanted the deal to be quick, with good comms, but they have always delivered as agreed, in time.

    As stated above, donít let emotions get on the way of your preferred outcome.
    It's just a matter of time...

  20. #20
    Master
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    2,118
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    I would be weighing up the time to complete the sale, and the amount it is selling for. Presumably you want to sell. If you get the watch back, you are back to square one.
    This - Unless you think you aren't going to get your money or if you urgently need it, I can't see the benefit in undoing things. Your experience might make you think twice before using them again, but if you get what you feel is a good price in March, that will be a result?

  21. #21
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,066
    I think youíll end up with more trouble if you ask for the watch back. Iíd try to get the payout now on the basis chronext took it upon themselves to agree this massive delay between sale and collection or, if that fails, wait to see if they honour the dates they have stated. If they donít, then go nuclear.

  22. #22
    Grand Master learningtofly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Everywhere & nowhere, baby
    Posts
    31,948
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    I would be weighing up the time to complete the sale, and the amount it is selling for. Presumably you want to sell. If you get the watch back, you are back to square one.

    Chronext are notoriously slow. Iíve had this with purchases as well, and said Iíd never use them if I wanted the deal to be quick, with good comms, but they have always delivered as agreed, in time.

    As stated above, donít let emotions get on the way of your preferred outcome.
    Good advice. What a nightmare, though.

  23. #23
    Grand Master Saint-Just's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ashford, Kent
    Posts
    23,094
    In any case, don't forget things like TrustPilot, Reviews.io, etc.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

  24. #24
    Craftsman M1011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    942
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyzzj View Post
    Thanks, I just got this reply regarding the mid March pick-up situation. "Because the customer cannot collect the watch before 15th of March and he made a deposit in advance as discussed with our colleague from the sales team" (which means the watch is not technically sold, but off the market indefinitely)

    I would of course not wait until then to entertain them (and possibly be told that the buyer had pulled out or need more time or something.)

    Therefore I've asked them to either honour the commission sale payout now (I guess they will need to ask the buyer to pay in full), or return the watch to me.

    Will post updates here.

    Thanks again guys for the comments
    My honest thoughts are that you're making the completely wrong move here.

    They are selling on a commission basis with a 14 day return window. Until the customer picks it up, the return window doesn't begin. So of course they can't pay you yet.

    I get your frustration with the lack of transparency, but now you have the facts and frankly it makes sense.

    If you undo this you're losing your sale in mid-March for what? The opportunity to sell it again yourself? The potential of a headache on import?

    It just makes no sense to me to undo this now. If you're doing it on principle, I hate to break it to you but Chronext isn't going to give a flying hoot, you're only putting yourself out of pocket.

  25. #25
    Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    South West, UK
    Posts
    1,425
    If a seller picks it up from the store they shouldnít even get the two weeks.

  26. #26
    Craftsman M1011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    942
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodder View Post
    If a seller picks it up from the store they shouldnít even get the two weeks.
    They're ordering online and picking it up from a showroom, which is effectively click-and-collect in current circumstances I imagine. So I don't see why they wouldn't get the same 14 day return guarantee that's advertised all over Chronext.

    Folk seem to be looking for a reason to be outraged. They've sold the watch and got the OP his price, this is good news. He has to wait a bit for it, but if he was in a rush presumably this wouldn't have been his chosen method for selling it.

  27. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post

    If you undo this you're losing your sale in mid-March for what? The opportunity to sell it again yourself?
    And what if the buyers decides he or she does not want the watch mid March?

  28. #28
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    South East
    Posts
    1,159
    Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    They're ordering online and picking it up from a showroom, which is effectively click-and-collect in current circumstances I imagine. So I don't see why they wouldn't get the same 14 day return guarantee that's advertised all over Chronext.

    Folk seem to be looking for a reason to be outraged. They've sold the watch and got the OP his price, this is good news. He has to wait a bit for it, but if he was in a rush presumably this wouldn't have been his chosen method for selling it.
    They would definitely get 14 days with click and collect, all the store has to do is take a Ďholdingí deposit, then whenever the customer picks it up refund the deposit and take the full amount, it then changes from a c&c sale, so no automatic 14 day return.

  29. #29
    Craftsman M1011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    942
    Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    And what if the buyers decides he or she does not want the watch mid March?
    It's plausible.

    It's equally plausible the watch may otherwise remain unsold beyond mid-March, sitting on the Chronext website. That's the nature of selling on commission. Equally it could be sitting back with the OP, right where it started.

    The buyer has placed a deposit and secured a mid-March date, we don't know their reasons. OP sent the watch mid-Dec. Pulling out now feels like shooting himself in the foot on the final hurdle.

    I'm at risk of sounding like a Chronext spokesperson... I'm not! I just think the OP has to look out for his own interest here, as opposed to making an emotional decision.

  30. #30
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Felixstowe, UK
    Posts
    1,106
    Quote Originally Posted by MB2 View Post
    They will have to declare a customs value but you shou;d be abe to recover the VAT as it is your property and was not permanently exported. Given they have chipped 1500 I guess it is quite expensive so I would check the exact process with HMRC before going down this route but you should not have to pay any VAT on a temporary export and your personal property.
    Itís a British return so insist that the import entry is entered under CPC 6123F01. So long as you still have the AWB / tracking number from your outbound courier to declare on the return you should be fine.


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

  31. #31
    Craftsman M1011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    942
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob153 View Post
    They would definitely get 14 days with click and collect, all the store has to do is take a ‘holding’ deposit, then whenever the customer picks it up refund the deposit and take the full amount, it then changes from a c&c sale, so no automatic 14 day return.
    Imagine you're on the other side of that proposed arrangement... does that seem like a fair way to treat the customer?

    The customer has made the order remotely, paid remotely (presumable in full before collection), and Chronext are sticking by their 14 day guarantee. No issue there.

    The bit Chronext got wrong was the listing details which OP had them fix and clearly their sales process lacked clarity.
    Last edited by M1011; 17th February 2021 at 19:28.

  32. #32
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    South East
    Posts
    1,159
    Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    Imagine you're on the other side of that proposed arrangement... does that seem like a fair way to treat the customer?

    The customer has made the order remotely, paid remotely (presumable in full before collection), and Chronext are sticking by their 14 day guarantee. No issue there.

    The bit Chronext got wrong was the listing details which OP had them fix and clearly their sales process lacked clarity.
    If someone is picking it up a store why should you receive an automatic return policy? Just because you didn’t like it they could possibly just return it for a full refund, If the goods are faulty then fair enough. Chrononext are selling it and I presume have fully inspected it, in the event of something going wrong with they would have to rectify it.

    What Chronext have done wrong is taking a deposit and not giving the OP a choice- Commission sales can sometimes be difficult but in this case the only person at risk so to speak is the OP.
    Last edited by Rob153; 17th February 2021 at 19:36.

  33. #33
    Master daveyw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,819
    Shouldíve sold it here.
    Seriously though, good luck getting sorted and donít use them again if you donít like it

  34. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob153 View Post
    If someone is picking it up a store why should you receive an automatic return policy? Just because you didn’t like it they could possibly just return it for a full refund, If the goods are faulty then fair enough. Chrononext are selling it and I presume have fully inspected it, in the event of something going wrong with they would have to rectify it.

    What Chronext have done wrong is taking a deposit and not giving the OP a choice- Commission sales can sometimes be difficult but in this case the only person at risk so to speak is the OP.
    Think if ordered online still have 14 days but if not the case could still be Chrononext policy.

    Personally, Iíd wait until March, not too long in the scheme of things. We donít know where buyer is coming from, maybe not even Germany and travel inconvenient at the moment:

  35. #35
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Jockland
    Posts
    726

    Agree.

    Quote Originally Posted by JonRA View Post
    This - Unless you think you aren't going to get your money or if you urgently need it, I can't see the benefit in undoing things. Your experience might make you think twice before using them again, but if you get what you feel is a good price in March, that will be a result?

    Would have to agree with the above statement. Just sit back and wait for the agreed payment in March/April, put it down to experience and never use them again if you feel they have not delivered what was promised.

  36. #36
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,066
    The cancellation regs will still apply to click and collect if purchased online.
    Last edited by Berty234; 17th February 2021 at 20:40.

  37. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    I would be weighing up the time to complete the sale, and the amount it is selling for. Presumably you want to sell. If you get the watch back, you are back to square one.

    Chronext are notoriously slow. Iíve had this with purchases as well, and said Iíd never use them if I wanted the deal to be quick, with good comms, but they have always delivered as agreed, in time.

    As stated above, donít let emotions get on the way of your preferred outcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by JonRA View Post
    This - Unless you think you aren't going to get your money or if you urgently need it, I can't see the benefit in undoing things. Your experience might make you think twice before using them again, but if you get what you feel is a good price in March, that will be a result?
    Quote Originally Posted by Berty234 View Post
    I think youíll end up with more trouble if you ask for the watch back. Iíd try to get the payout now on the basis chronext took it upon themselves to agree this massive delay between sale and collection or, if that fails, wait to see if they honour the dates they have stated. If they donít, then go nuclear.
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Good advice. What a nightmare, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    In any case, don't forget things like TrustPilot, Reviews.io, etc.
    Thanks - I have to admit my most recent reply to them was somewhat affected by emotions, but it was still very respectful (no strong language whatsoever, I just explained my position and asked for either the full payout soonish or a return). Either way, I doubt they would proceed with the return after that email as it would cost them too. Will update here accordingly.

    To be honest if this April payout is confirmed (just to clarify, March 29th is the earliest date they can 'start' processing the payment, which takes 1-2 weeks as they claim), I'd be somewhat okay with it. But the lack of transparency so far makes me think that it's more likely that some other 'accidents' would happen.

    Imagine if they tell me the buyer needs another month or two before being able to pick up the watch, I would be in the exact same situation as I am now.

  38. #38
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    992
    Thanks for the heads up on their practices. Can I ask did they describe this arrangement for deferred payments in the commission sales agreement?

    As above, I would also be saying please return my watch.

  39. #39
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    South East
    Posts
    1,159
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Think if ordered online still have 14 days but if not the case could still be Chrononext policy.

    Personally, Iíd wait until March, not too long in the scheme of things. We donít know where buyer is coming from, maybe not even Germany and travel inconvenient at the moment:
    Yes if ordered online itís 14 days, worse still if they are not notified in therms of the sale about their right to cancel, then they can cancel and receive a refund anytime within the first 12 Months. Itís all about how itís been sold, if they do take a holding deposit, refund then charge again it at the time of pick up it changes the type of sale- Iím not saying itís right but as a business it stops the people just changing their minds etc....

  40. #40
    Master MartynJC (UK)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Surrey, UK. OdiŠxere or somewhere in-between
    Posts
    9,949
    Blog Entries
    20
    Just chipping in - for online sales you have 14days to notify you wish to return goods (in unused / unaltered condition) then another 14d to return from that date - so possible 28days maximum.

    OP: 29 March is not too far away now if you can hang on for payment to be made? Then you can make your comments known through the usual channels.

    Strange thing is Chronext offer free insured shipping so I wonder why the customer has not bought for 1 and 1/2 months after deposit. If I were you I would call them up for an explanation.
    Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 17th February 2021 at 20:34.

  41. #41
    Craftsman M1011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    942
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob153 View Post
    If someone is picking it up a store why should you receive an automatic return policy?
    Read your own post directly above this one lol.

  42. #42
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    2,419
    Shoot me if Im wrong but isnít this a good reason to sell on here eg SC ?

  43. #43
    Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    South West, UK
    Posts
    1,425
    Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    They're ordering online and picking it up from a showroom, which is effectively click-and-collect in current circumstances I imagine. So I don't see why they wouldn't get the same 14 day return guarantee that's advertised all over Chronext.

    Folk seem to be looking for a reason to be outraged. They've sold the watch and got the OP his price, this is good news. He has to wait a bit for it, but if he was in a rush presumably this wouldn't have been his chosen method for selling it.
    If you buy in store or collect from watch finder you donít get 14 days.

    Perhaps if it really is click and collect and there isnít an opportunity to inspect it may still apply

  44. #44
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    382
    Chronext are jokers, I sent them my tag heuer a couple of years ago and had a nightmare also. Chipped me on price on the pristine watch, then when I accepted the hit, it took me multiple emails of harassing them for payment until I ordered the watch back instantly. As soon as I asked for the watch sending back the money was in my account.
    Jokers !


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  45. #45
    Watchfinder may pull your pants down but at least itís over with quickly. Chronext are completely rotten.

  46. #46
    Very interesting reading. I have considered Chronext but certainly wonít be now. I hope it all works out well for you OP.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  47. #47
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Doncaster
    Posts
    868
    Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    My honest thoughts are that you're making the completely wrong move here.

    They are selling on a commission basis with a 14 day return window. Until the customer picks it up, the return window doesn't begin. So of course they can't pay you yet.

    I get your frustration with the lack of transparency, but now you have the facts and frankly it makes sense.

    If you undo this you're losing your sale in mid-March for what? The opportunity to sell it again yourself? The potential of a headache on import?

    It just makes no sense to me to undo this now. If you're doing it on principle, I hate to break it to you but Chronext isn't going to give a flying hoot, you're only putting yourself out of pocket.

    Iím with this approach, not easy but let it run its course. Have you read the current state of goods coming into the uk? Iíve been waiting for an item with UPS that is ďheld up due to Brexit related disruptionĒ and has been for 4 weeks. You could find yourself getting it sent back and not actually get it back until after the reported settlement date.

  48. #48
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    274
    Chronext are the worst. I sold my explorer toy then a few years back and had to threaten them with the police and legal proceedings before I eventually got my money. Hope everything ends well in your case

    Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

  49. #49
    Craftsman petay993's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    524
    Good that their behaviour is being highlighted on here, I will certainly never use them after reading these horror stories.

  50. #50

    Chronext commission sale - huge nightmare

    OP. Thank you for posting this on here. Itís recommendations and reviews like this that help others out. I just hope all gets sorted for you and quickly. Letís hope Chronext lose a few customers on the back of this thread - bad behaviour on their part.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Stonewood; 18th February 2021 at 10:26.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information