closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Chronext commission sale - huge nightmare

Threaded View

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    That's nonsense, a commission is still a commission even if it isn't expressed in percentage points. It is about whether they buy the watch and it becomes part of their inventory or whether they sell on behalf of a client. And if you had read the thread before you stated that nonsense, you would have known that they clearly communicated about a commission sale.

And even if they faked a commission sale, effectively buying the watch from the OP when it sold during January, then that still triggered VAT.

So however way round you look at it, there is no way this sale wasn't subject to VAT.
    I haven’t said the sale wasn’t liable for VAT, I i stated whatever happens chrononext would have to pay vat on the margin, however it was sold. The business I’m in the term ‘commission sale’ can be sometimes be worded as a sale or return... The OP wouldn’t of had to pay any form of VAT selling into Germany, only the buyer would have to costs to pay if bought direct from the OP, he hasn’t as far as he’s concerned he’s bought it from the dealer and has an invoice. Surely Chrononext would have to show the watch in their stock? they have received funds from the buyer and paid out the seller so would have to account for it somehow.

Maybe I’m just being thick, it if they were only acting purely as ‘middlemen’ then the invoice that the seller received would state the buyers (private person) and the sellers and there would be a separate invoice from chrononext detailing commission. I probably don’t understand the inner workings of international watch selling.......
    Last edited by Rob153; 25th February 2021 at 21:16.