closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: MotoGP 2021

Hybrid View

MotoGP 2021

I thought it was about time to kick of this year's thread, so here is something that is not too contovesial...HRC takes data engineer from KTM:

...This year HRC has taken well-respected data engineer Jenny Anderson from KTM to work with Marc Márquez. KTM isn’t happy about losing Anderson, but the company knows how this game works: among others KTM took the co-inventor of MotoGP’s game-changing seamless gearbox from Honda and a top suspension engineer from Öhlins. This aggressive hiring policy has played a vital part in KTM’s rapid rise from MotoGP rookie to race winner.

“I cannot be angry if other teams take our people because we came late into the MotoGP paddock, so to get our team together we had to find people from other teams,” said KTM motorsport director Pit Beirer last Friday. “Of course we try to treat people as well as we can, so they want to stay with us, but if someone wants to leave it’s better they leave. I always hope not to lose people because you want to minimise the transfer of technology.”...

Master
    I’m gonna be shouting for Jack Miller this season. The Ducati is one ugly bike but I’m hoping it’s going to be a strong contender.

Jack appears to be taking his roll as a full factory rider very seriously, so fingers crossed for an injury free strong season..

Craftsman
    I received an email last week from the Barcelona circuit offering for me to choose our grandstand seats from our 2020 ticket booking. When you go onto the website to choose, the front 5 rows of every grandstand are going to be left empty. When you choose a seat the one directly in front and the one behind are automatically wiped out, as are the seats to your immediate left and right. You can only choose 4 seats at a time so we've ended up with 4 seats then a gap, then 2 seats then a gap and then 1 seat. So for 7 seats it's taken out an additional 4 seats in the row, 11 seats in front and 11 seats behind. Additionally you have to enter everyone's passport number and you will be required to show your passport along with your ticket to gain entry. Taking out all the empty seats I'd say they will be at 20% capacity, if anyone is allowed to go that is !
    It's 15 weeks away, so things can change, but I still doubt we will be going.
    Here's hoping for a good year, come on the doctor
    Last edited by boundary546; 17th February 2021 at 21:22.

Master
    Well Im in !

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    I thought it was about time to kick of this year's thread, so here is something that is not too contovesial...HRC takes data engineer from KTM:

...This year HRC has taken well-respected data engineer Jenny Anderson from KTM to work with Marc Márquez. KTM isn’t happy about losing Anderson, but the company knows how this game works: among others KTM took the co-inventor of MotoGP’s game-changing seamless gearbox from Honda and a top suspension engineer from Öhlins. This aggressive hiring policy has played a vital part in KTM’s rapid rise from MotoGP rookie to race winner.

“I cannot be angry if other teams take our people because we came late into the MotoGP paddock, so to get our team together we had to find people from other teams,” said KTM motorsport director Pit Beirer last Friday. “Of course we try to treat people as well as we can, so they want to stay with us, but if someone wants to leave it’s better they leave. I always hope not to lose people because you want to minimise the transfer of technology.”...
    Read an article on her last year, a very clever lady.

Sent from my HRY-LX1T using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    Very sad.... lived through a dangerous sport and COVID gets him👎

Master
    Mmm... just watched a video of Petrucci. Blimey he looks as lean as a greyhound. Could be a serious contender on the KTM.

ICYMI...Marc Márquez to miss first two races:

Marc Márquez and his Honda team have announced that the eight-time world champion will miss the opening two rounds of the 2021 MotoGP season in Qatar, delaying his comeback from injury.

“After the last review with the medical team, the doctors have advised me that the most prudent thing was not to take part in the Qatar Grand Prix and to continue with the recovery plan that we have followed in recent weeks,” Márquez said in statement.

“I would have loved to be able to participate in the opening race of the World Championship, but we will have to continue working to be able to recover the optimal conditions that allow us to return to competition.”...

MotoGP 2021

Highlights are on ITV4 tonight at 8pm

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    thank you,it should be easy to find but I couldnt.

my timer is set and I have passed on the word,I have also deleted anything to do with Motogp so I can avoid the results.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    The racing was good but the highlights show was awful.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Pox View Post

it was dull,they sucked all the atmosphere out of it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    My thought exactly, I enjoyed the 20 mins of moto 3 ( usually 5/6 min on quest) then with ads and motor 2 its was 8:40 before moto gp started. I believed wrongly there had been a bad crash and the race stopped or some weather related incident.

Nope just big chunks of the laps removed and did anyone notice, no engine noise! Whats all that about?

I have BT sport on my phone but if you dont watch it live, then when you go to catchup there are small tiles either side of the programme with titles such as “ Mir Victorious in Aragon” or “ Marquez makes it three on the trot” talk about thread spoilers!!

Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    My thought exactly, I enjoyed the 20 mins of moto 3 ( usually 5/6 min on quest) then with ads and motor 2 its was 8:40 before moto gp started. I believed wrongly there had been a bad crash and the race stopped or some weather related incident.

Nope just big chunks of the laps removed and did anyone notice, no engine noise! Whats all that about?

I have BT sport on my phone but if you dont watch it live, then when you go to catchup there are small tiles either side of the programme with titles such as “ Mir Victorious in Aragon” or “ Marquez makes it three on the trot” talk about thread spoilers!!
    And don't forget the five minutes of adverts in that 20 mins. Bloody nightmare I thought :)

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Pox View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    It’s hard to believe that they can make an exciting sport so dull to watch!

Master
    A longish read but a sharp analysis - and some strong medicine for Maverick Viñales to swallow:

https://www.asphaltandrubber.com/mot...l1c7grLY9FTt2A

He's clearly fast on the right day, but he'll have a hard time winning on an Aprilia if he's waiting for the perfect bike.

Dani Pedrosa wildcard return:

Three years after his last MotoGP™ appearance, Dani Pedrosa will make a sensational comeback to the premier class at the Michelin Grand Prix of Styria as the Spaniard makes a wildcard appearance with the factory KTM squad...

I wasn't expecting that DP would come back and I'm not sure what to make of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post
    A longish read but a sharp analysis - and some strong medicine for Maverick Viñales to swallow:

https://www.asphaltandrubber.com/mot...l1c7grLY9FTt2A

He's clearly fast on the right day, but he'll have a hard time winning on an Aprilia if he's waiting for the perfect bike.
    ICYMI...Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP Statement:

Yamaha regrets to announce that Maverick Viñales‘ entry to this weekend‘s Austrian MotoGP event has been withdrawn by the Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP team.

The absence follows the suspension of the rider by Yamaha due to the unexplained irregular operation of the motorcycle by the rider during last weekend‘s Styria MotoGP race.

Yamaha‘s decision follows an in-depth analysis of telemetry and data over the last days.

Yamaha‘s conclusion is that the rider‘s actions could have potentially caused significant damage to the engine of his YZR-M1 bike which could have caused serious risks to the rider himself and possibly posed a danger to all other riders in the MotoGP race.

The rider will not be replaced at the Austrian GP.

Decisions regarding the future races will be taken after a more detailed analysis of the situation and further discussions between Yamaha and the rider.

See also this link for some further analysis.
    Last edited by PickleB; 12th August 2021 at 15:44.

That's a strange one regarding Vinales. Can't say I've ever heard of anything like it before.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    That's a strange one regarding Vinales. Can't say I've ever heard of anything like it before.
    Motorcycling equivalent of the yips or twisties? Or something more related to the team / rider relationship?

Master
    Possibly frustrated by the bike so decided to punish it by holding it on the limiter? Lots of speculation but there's a good article here - https://motomatters.com/news/2021/08..._ales_for.html

Thanks from over here in cheapskates corner!

Thanks for that! Will have to record as out and about, but will look forward to watching the full coverage later

Craftsman
    Is the ITV4 coverage a one off, or will all races be on terrestrial from now on?

Quote Originally Posted by StackH View Post
    Is the ITV4 coverage a one off, or will all races be on terrestrial from now on?
    Apparently we'll also get the British GP on ITV1 as a tempter to increase their audience...see link.

Update MGP...20 laps to go...what else can happen?
    Last edited by PickleB; 16th May 2021 at 13:14.

Brilliant racing today.

Moto 3 - Rookie Pedro Acosta is an absolute star. Hardly ever raced in the rain, started 21st on the grid, got up to 6th, fell off, recovered and finished 8th. Leading the championship.

Moto 2 - Lowes crashes again. He’s the most frustrating to watch.

Moto GP - Superb win for Miller. Went into the gravel, double long lap penalty for speeding in the pit lane and kept it together on wearing wet tyres in the dry with Zarco gaining rapidly. Marc Marquez crashes and then starts carving through the field at 2 seconds per lap faster than pretty much everyone else, then surprise surprise he goes down in the wet.
    Thrilling racing.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    Brilliant racing today.

Moto 3 - Rookie Pedro Acosta is an absolute star. Hardly ever raced in the rain, started 21st on the grid, got up to 6th, fell off, recovered and finished 8th. Leading the championship.

Moto 2 - Lowes crashes again. He’s the most frustrating to watch.

Moto GP - Superb win for Miller. Went into the gravel, double long lap penalty for speeding in the pit lane and kept it together on wearing wet tyres in the dry with Zarco gaining rapidly. Marc Marquez crashes and then starts carving through the field at 2 seconds per lap faster than pretty much everyone else, then surprise surprise he goes down in the wet.
    Thrilling racing.
    No spoilers then!

I watched moto3 and Moto GP but missed the Moto2 race.

I was planning to watch the Moto2 on catch-up but there’s probably little point now.