closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2021

MotoGP 2021

I thought it was about time to kick of this year's thread, so here is something that is not too contovesial...HRC takes data engineer from KTM:

...This year HRC has taken well-respected data engineer Jenny Anderson from KTM to work with Marc Márquez. KTM isn’t happy about losing Anderson, but the company knows how this game works: among others KTM took the co-inventor of MotoGP’s game-changing seamless gearbox from Honda and a top suspension engineer from Öhlins. This aggressive hiring policy has played a vital part in KTM’s rapid rise from MotoGP rookie to race winner.

“I cannot be angry if other teams take our people because we came late into the MotoGP paddock, so to get our team together we had to find people from other teams,” said KTM motorsport director Pit Beirer last Friday. “Of course we try to treat people as well as we can, so they want to stay with us, but if someone wants to leave it’s better they leave. I always hope not to lose people because you want to minimise the transfer of technology.”...

Master
    I’m gonna be shouting for Jack Miller this season. The Ducati is one ugly bike but I’m hoping it’s going to be a strong contender.

Jack appears to be taking his roll as a full factory rider very seriously, so fingers crossed for an injury free strong season..

Craftsman
    I received an email last week from the Barcelona circuit offering for me to choose our grandstand seats from our 2020 ticket booking. When you go onto the website to choose, the front 5 rows of every grandstand are going to be left empty. When you choose a seat the one directly in front and the one behind are automatically wiped out, as are the seats to your immediate left and right. You can only choose 4 seats at a time so we've ended up with 4 seats then a gap, then 2 seats then a gap and then 1 seat. So for 7 seats it's taken out an additional 4 seats in the row, 11 seats in front and 11 seats behind. Additionally you have to enter everyone's passport number and you will be required to show your passport along with your ticket to gain entry. Taking out all the empty seats I'd say they will be at 20% capacity, if anyone is allowed to go that is !
    It's 15 weeks away, so things can change, but I still doubt we will be going.
    Here's hoping for a good year, come on the doctor
    Last edited by boundary546; 17th February 2021 at 21:22.

Master
    Well Im in !

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    I thought it was about time to kick of this year's thread, so here is something that is not too contovesial...HRC takes data engineer from KTM:

...This year HRC has taken well-respected data engineer Jenny Anderson from KTM to work with Marc Márquez. KTM isn’t happy about losing Anderson, but the company knows how this game works: among others KTM took the co-inventor of MotoGP’s game-changing seamless gearbox from Honda and a top suspension engineer from Öhlins. This aggressive hiring policy has played a vital part in KTM’s rapid rise from MotoGP rookie to race winner.

“I cannot be angry if other teams take our people because we came late into the MotoGP paddock, so to get our team together we had to find people from other teams,” said KTM motorsport director Pit Beirer last Friday. “Of course we try to treat people as well as we can, so they want to stay with us, but if someone wants to leave it’s better they leave. I always hope not to lose people because you want to minimise the transfer of technology.”...
    Read an article on her last year, a very clever lady.

Sent from my HRY-LX1T using Tapatalk

Master
    Very sad.... lived through a dangerous sport and COVID gets him👎

Master
    Mmm... just watched a video of Petrucci. Blimey he looks as lean as a greyhound. Could be a serious contender on the KTM.

ICYMI...Marc Márquez to miss first two races:

Marc Márquez and his Honda team have announced that the eight-time world champion will miss the opening two rounds of the 2021 MotoGP season in Qatar, delaying his comeback from injury.

“After the last review with the medical team, the doctors have advised me that the most prudent thing was not to take part in the Qatar Grand Prix and to continue with the recovery plan that we have followed in recent weeks,” Márquez said in statement.

“I would have loved to be able to participate in the opening race of the World Championship, but we will have to continue working to be able to recover the optimal conditions that allow us to return to competition.”...

ICYMI...Marc Márquez to miss first two races:

Marc Márquez and his Honda team have announced that the eight-time world champion will miss the opening two rounds of the 2021 MotoGP season in Qatar, delaying his comeback from injury.

“After the last review with the medical team, the doctors have advised me that the most prudent thing was not to take part in the Qatar Grand Prix and to continue with the recovery plan that we have followed in recent weeks,” Márquez said in statement.

“I would have loved to be able to participate in the opening race of the World Championship, but we will have to continue working to be able to recover the optimal conditions that allow us to return to competition.”...
    I don't think he will ever be the same again but I hope I'm proved wrong.

Sent from my HRY-LX1T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cornish Bob View Post
    I don't think he will ever be the same again but I hope I'm proved wrong.
    Yep, I agree with that.
    Can't see a recovery anytime soon.

Looking forward to this afternoon's (evening's if you are local) racing. QP was well worth watching and, going by today's ATC race, the track will be cooler than yesterday but windy and dusty.

Go Go Go!!!
    It's just a matter of time...

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    Go Go Go!!!
    No complaints with the Moto3 race. Some silly moves (leading to losses) early on and then a great race to the finish with a rookie on the podium.

Update Moto2 race was a great start to the season...but MotoGP provided the icing on the cake. Very watchable...very entertaining.
    Last edited by PickleB; 29th March 2021 at 09:29.

Loved it.

Every race had something for me.

Good racing.

Lowes stayed calm & didn't bin it which was refreshing. Fingers very much crossed he can win Moto2 this year.

Good ride from Vinales, shame Rossi fell so far back due to rear tyre wear. The Ducati's were like rocket ships off the line.

Depending on when Marquez returns and whether he is still the same rider it could be very hard to call the GP class winner this year.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    Good racing.

Lowes stayed calm & didn't bin it which was refreshing. Fingers very much crossed he can win Moto2 this year.

Good ride from Vinales, shame Rossi fell so far back due to rear tyre wear. The Ducati's were like rocket ships off the line.

Depending on when Marquez returns and whether he is still the same rider it could be very hard to call the GP class winner this year.

Lowes …… Always goes real well in pre season testing then come the first race he is top 10 so that's an interesting start from him. Yes it would be good to see him do well as we have very few Brits to cheer along.
    McPhee taken out on lap 3 a sham as he is a gutsy little rider who I like.
    Will be very interesting how the others deal with the Ducati's top speed and drive out of the corners. Slow it isn't.

I'd like to see Rea win the WSB title again but im in a minority on this I think . He is just sooooo good its as if people resent him for it. But every run comes to an end and this year will be very hard for him .

MotoGP 2021

Highlights are on ITV4 tonight at 8pm

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    thank you,it should be easy to find but I couldnt.

my timer is set and I have passed on the word,I have also deleted anything to do with Motogp so I can avoid the results.

The racing was good but the highlights show was awful.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Pox View Post

it was dull,they sucked all the atmosphere out of it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    My thought exactly, I enjoyed the 20 mins of moto 3 ( usually 5/6 min on quest) then with ads and motor 2 its was 8:40 before moto gp started. I believed wrongly there had been a bad crash and the race stopped or some weather related incident.

Nope just big chunks of the laps removed and did anyone notice, no engine noise! Whats all that about?

I have BT sport on my phone but if you dont watch it live, then when you go to catchup there are small tiles either side of the programme with titles such as “ Mir Victorious in Aragon” or “ Marquez makes it three on the trot” talk about thread spoilers!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Pox View Post
    It’s hard to believe that they can make an exciting sport so dull to watch!

Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    My thought exactly, I enjoyed the 20 mins of moto 3 ( usually 5/6 min on quest) then with ads and motor 2 its was 8:40 before moto gp started. I believed wrongly there had been a bad crash and the race stopped or some weather related incident.

Nope just big chunks of the laps removed and did anyone notice, no engine noise! Whats all that about?

I have BT sport on my phone but if you dont watch it live, then when you go to catchup there are small tiles either side of the programme with titles such as “ Mir Victorious in Aragon” or “ Marquez makes it three on the trot” talk about thread spoilers!!
    And don't forget the five minutes of adverts in that 20 mins. Bloody nightmare I thought :)

Master
    Blog Entries
    it started poor last year then got a bit better so lets hope it improves.

Will Rossi ever win again,I hope so.

it started poor last year then got a bit better so lets hope it improves.

Will Rossi ever win again,I hope so.
    I don't think last year was on ITV so there is hope that they'll learn from customer feedback and improve.

I don't think last year was on ITV so there is hope that they'll learn from customer feedback and improve.
    I’m not sure whether it’s an ITV production or just bought in by ITV (this year, Quest last year).

I certainly hope that it is an ITV production and will hopefully get better as the season goes on.

Today's Moto3 race is one not to miss.

Now let's see what happens in Moto2...

Update Moto2 and MotoGP weren't half bad too. Now it's back to Europe for the summer. Looking forward to Portimão...and more.
    Last edited by PickleB; 4th April 2021 at 19:07.

A great win.

More great racing.

Roll on Moto GP!!!

John McPhee and Jeremy Alcoba handed penalties

...The Scot let out his frustration in the aftermath, running up to and then kicking Alcoba, who also crashed into McPhee at Le Mans last season. Whilst TV cameras moved on, footage released from a helicopter camera revealed that Alcoba responded by pushing and kicking McPhee back.

As a result, both riders have now been punished by race direction. McPhee has been handed a pit-lane start plus 10 seconds for round three at Portimao. Alcoba will also start from the pits, although he’ll serve a five-second penalty, rather than 10. Both riders have been fined €1000 for their actions...

Master
    Coverage better tonight, bike sound and more animated commentary

Coverage better tonight, bike sound and more animated commentary
    Much better tonight. The only downer was looking at the garage instead of the action going on on track during Moto2.

Absolutely great racing in all 3 classes at the Doha GP.

Almost unbelievable performance by Pedro Acosta in Moto3. Taking the win at 16 years old, starting from the pit lane. He was 12 seconds behind by the time he got going!
    The luckless John McFee taken out again & he and Jeremy Alcoba handed penalties for 'fighting' after the crash. Thankfully John wasn't badly hurt by the accident - could have been nasty. He doesn't normally lose it like that, but apparently Alcoba had bashed him earlier in the race.

Well done Sam Lowes - kept it all together for a second win in Moto2. Fast & smooth.

MotoGP was just fabulous - with 8.9 seconds covering the top 15, it's apparently the closest ever top 15 finish. Fabio Quartararo timed his winning move to perfection. Brilliant performance by the Pramac Ducati's. Jorge Martin's quali & race performance was absolutely amazing for a rookie. He looks like the real deal. The Ducati's starting system is giving them a huge advantage as is their speed in a straight line - absolute rocket ships. Shame Maverick Viñales failed again to live up to his qualifying performance & potential. Disaster for Rossi - worse qualifying performance ever in any of the MotoGP classes & finishing a lowly 16th due in part of other riders crash out.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

ICYMI...What’s up with Michelin’s MotoGP tyres?

From which:

...The tyres are mostly consistent, so it’s up to you to find the tyres that work best for your bike and then use them to extract the maximum from them in the area where you think you are strongest.”

This process is so complex and requires such deep investigation into every aspect of tyre performance that all the factories now employ engineers whose only job is to work on tyres.

“Last season we started to approach the tyre topic in a different way,” said the chief engineer of one of the factories. “In the past we never looked at the tyres in a sufficiently deep way, but now we have one guy dedicated to them, which helps us to struggle less and to have to less strange behaviour from the tyres. Sometimes you fit a tyre and it doesn’t work. Why? Now we are learning to understand the way to make the tyres work in the correct way...

3 more great races last weekend, but is anyone else interested?

Hardly any posts on this thread.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Quartararo won but I cannot watch the GPs
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    Quartararo won but I cannot watch the GPs
    You can watch the highlights on ITV Hub.

Yes, thanks. Not quite the same, though.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Master
    Yep I have been watching it at 8pm on the following Monday. Have to say ITV 4 coverage has improved over the three races. Remember the first round at Qatar, no engine noise....bonkers.

It looked as if MM might have been race fit, but his race edge was missing and running into the guy in front is not something we expect from his rapier reactions. After that he just seemed to drop down the field. Lastly the Ducati’s have always been quick on the straights, but this season it looks like they have another 500rpm at the top end.

Steve

Master
    Lowes back to his usual tricks👎

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    Lowes back to his usual tricks
    Quite - really want him to do well, but he's frustrating to follow.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Apprentice
    Yep I have been watching it at 8pm on the following Monday. Have to say ITV 4 coverage has improved over the three races. Remember the first round at Qatar, no engine noise....bonkers.

It looked as if MM might have been race fit, but his race edge was missing and running into the guy in front is not something we expect from his rapier reactions. After that he just seemed to drop down the field. Lastly the Ducati’s have always been quick on the straights, but this season it looks like they have another 500rpm at the top end.

Steve

I'm pretty sure it was an accident but Marquez bumping on Mir could be some weird mind game. Marquez is a bit "cheeky".

Entertainment...plus!

Another 3 great races.

Master
    Just a heads up for the council telly viewers - all the races are being shown live on ITV4 tomorrow with coverage starting from 9.45.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynam0humm View Post
    Just a heads up for the council telly viewers - all the races are being shown live on ITV4 tomorrow with coverage starting from 9.45.
    Thanks for the heads up...that will save a lot of faffing about.

It was an interesting day of QPs...what with the weather playing its part. How did you find out about it, please/

I rounded it off with CIV racing from Misano and then the Northern Talent Cup race that finished the day at Le Mans. MotoGP.com has a page with a link to the live races on YouTube. I was happily watching it when the stream was cut off for violating YouTube's terms. The link from the MGP page now brings up the message "This video has been removed for violating YouTube's policy on spam, deceptive practices and scams." Fortunately it was being shown on the NTC's Facebook page.

Dorna's live timing managed to stay on to cover the NTC race...unlike some other Road to MotoGP races at their Grand Prix events where they have cut off halfway through or not shown it at all.

I've messaged them about this failing several times and they may be getting better...until they don't. Another niggle I have with Dorna is that they (or the FIM) don't publish the Stewards' and Race Direction's decisions on infringements and the associated penalties (unlike the FIA site and Formula 1). Many is the weekend that I discover a rider has a penalty from the last meeting only because a commentator mentions it...and until they do I'm left wondering if an incident that was to be investigated has led to any penalty being imposed. My impression is that Dorna are very much a law unto themselves. They just about keep the riders, teams and sponsors onboard, but they struggle a bit with pleasing the rest of us.

Thanks from over here in cheapskates corner!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynam0humm View Post
    its probably time I upgraded to a colour TV and licence for this then.

Thanks for that! Will have to record as out and about, but will look forward to watching the full coverage later

Craftsman
    Is the ITV4 coverage a one off, or will all races be on terrestrial from now on?

Quote Originally Posted by StackH View Post
    Is the ITV4 coverage a one off, or will all races be on terrestrial from now on?
    Apparently we'll also get the British GP on ITV1 as a tempter to increase their audience...see link.

Update MGP...20 laps to go...what else can happen?
    Last edited by PickleB; 16th May 2021 at 13:14.