closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Southampton evening eating

Southampton evening eating

I'm down Southampton for a course with the wife in tow from today till friday (home Friday night) and looking for suggestions for good grub on a evening. Open to all suggestions. Currently sat in Beity lebanese waiting for a take away (the wife is tired from sitting in the car for 2.5hrs and watching me carry half the house to the room). Staying in the Room2 Hotel for location reference.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Went to a superb Italian earlier in the year.

Was up the hill from the Station / Mayflower - was a cosy small place, was pricey mind but then we did have the kids with us also!

Cant remember the damn name of the place :)

Master
    I can’t think of the name of the Italian either but have eaten there a few times when waiting for the wife to finish work.

Probably one of the restaurants up Bedford Place - search that way?

Craftsman
    Just had to google where room2 is. Oxford street looks to be the road running behind the hotel and there are a few nice restaurants and pubs there so def worth a wonder.

Ocean village is only a few minutes walk too and there are a couple of nice restaurants there such as bacaro and maritimo lounge. My favourite restaurant near to where you're staying is a placed called Mango which is a thai tapas place. The food there is lovely.

As mentioned already lots of nice restaurants around Bedford place but that is a fair old walk from where you're staying.
    Last edited by Gerald Genta; 14th November 2021 at 21:05.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Found the pic of my Lobster. Wife cant remember name either

Master
    Mango Thai and Bacaro both decent as is Enios for Italian. Coriander Lounge for Indian.
    The bar restaurant at The Harbour Hotel also pretty good.

Oxford street has some nice choices, nice Italian there.

Kutis is great for Indian.

West Quay 2 has a big selection of restaurants now, so if you’re not 100% sure what you fancy head there. The greek restaurant is great, a few options for burgers, a nice Thai street food place, and loads more.

The Leonardo is worth a look.

Bedford Place has good choices too. Personally I prefer what Oxford Street and West Quay have to offer, but it depends where you’re staying and what’s close.

Edit - I missed the hotel you mentioned in your post, sorry. Walk towards West Quay along the water front and you’ll past Kutis and the Dancing Man Brewery, which is definitely worth looking at!
    Last edited by RobM; 14th November 2021 at 21:31.

Master
    Blog Entries
    If I remember rightly from my students days I saw a cool Indian Beatles tribute band in Kuti’s once!!!! Well they were playing Beatles songs anyhow but I was worse for wear!!!!

Thanks for the replies so far gents. I'll look into them

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Master
    Shanghai 1814 is an incredible Chinese restaurant both for food and decor. Kutis at the Pier also highly recommended.

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    Best Indian in the area is just across and down a few yards from Beity….it’s called The Bayleaf Kitchen.
    If you like burgers then try Byron Burger in West Quay.
    There is a lovely Mauritian restaurant Bedford Place way called Lakaz Maman (https://www.lakazmaman.com/) which is run by previous Masterchef winner Shelina Permaloo.
    There is also a really good pizza place in West Quay called L’Osteria and a good Spanish restaurant pretty much opposite the Red Funnel Ferry port called La Regata.