closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Show Your Certina

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralNilsson View Post
    Really lovely look ph500 you have. I’ve been considering one but I’m apprehensive due to the size.
    Could you do a side by side photo with the ph200?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Sure, just took these quick pics. The PH500 is thicker, but not by much. I reckon the PH200 is 14mm, and the PH500 just over 15mm, the PH200 has a domed crystal, but case looks a little less substantial. The PH500 is also shorter lug to lug.

Certina DS PH200 vs PH500 by iaintookey, on Flickr

That Orange PH500 looks very nice indeed.

Sent from my SM-N976B using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    This is the first Powermatic movement I’ve had and it’s excellent, losing two seconds per day consistently.
    The movement in mine is what has impressed me the most. The bezel alignment isn't the best on mine though!

Quote Originally Posted by jazzman View Post
    The blue dialed ph200 is another/later version of the certina ph200.
    The original black dialed ph200 is very close looking to the new version
    Thanks - I hadn’t realised my blue dialled version was a 2nd generation model.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    However, I did really like the watch, so I sold the Brown one and bought a brand new grey dialed example instead, which I still have.

M
    Want one! Want one!

I'm trying to buy the correct bracelet for mine (part ref: C605020876) and am getting the run around from Certina / Swatch Group. Unanswered emails, order form not acknowledged and passing me from pillar to post.

Annoying.

Journeyman
    Loving the love for Certina here. I only have vintage DS2s which were pioneering for their time.

Would love a Certronic - contemporary size and the best dial colours.

Sold this one a few months ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tooks View Post
    Sure, just took these quick pics. The PH500 is thicker, but not by much. I reckon the PH200 is 14mm, and the PH500 just over 15mm, the PH200 has a domed crystal, but case looks a little less substantial. The PH500 is also shorter lug to lug.

Thanks for the pictures - I’m certain I don’t need another diver but the ph500 is really pulling at me.
    Lovely..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’ve eventually had a response re the purchase of the bracelet. It’ll cost me £107.76 which I have to pay now despite it not being in stock. Wait time is currently 2-3 weeks and they’ll let me know if it’s going to be longer. It might just be me but I think that’s awful. I’ll look for an independent with one in stock.

I’ve eventually had a response re the purchase of the bracelet. It’ll cost me £107.76 which I have to pay now despite it not being in stock. Wait time is currently 2-3 weeks and they’ll let me know if it’s going to be longer. It might just be me but I think that’s awful. I’ll look for an independent with one in stock.
    Sounds as though they be getting it shipped over from Switzerland as a special order. Doesn't sound awful to me but you have to go with what you're happy with.

Master
    That sounds like a good price for an OEM bracelet to me, especially given the sliding clasp is the same as on the OEM rubber like the one you’ve got?

Jura have been pretty good for me in sourcing OEM bracelets, but they’ll likely still have to order it in unless they have one in stock (unlikely) and will want paying up front as well.

Thanks chaps, I'll order direct then.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetlee View Post
    Sounds as though they be getting it shipped over from Switzerland as a special order. Doesn't sound awful to me but you have to go with what you're happy with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tooks View Post
    That sounds like a good price for an OEM bracelet to me, especially given the sliding clasp is the same as on the OEM rubber like the one you’ve got?

Jura have been pretty good for me in sourcing OEM bracelets, but they’ll likely still have to order it in unless they have one in stock (unlikely) and will want paying up front as well.

Master
    Bought this as a holiday watch as it is a proper jumping hour hand GMT, unfortunately it was just before the first lockdown so has yet to travel anywhere.

With a Steveostraps Para Canvas....

With a Steveostraps Para Canvas....
    That looks perfect! Nice matchup.

A couple of mine...

60’s Waterking

70’s DS2

Journeyman
    Bumping up my post count

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    And very nice they are too!
    I need to find more loose change and get one of these...

Quote Originally Posted by DarthCalvinus View Post
    Bumping up my post count

Nice, I see you have the plongeur hands added to the DS3 re-issue.
    I have always been slightly tempted to do this, but go a little further and paint the hands white and orange, and even the outer markers red or orange. I think it would look great, and a whole load better than the wierd hands they originally issued these with.
    D

Master
    That looks great!

Craftsman

Craftsman
    Has anyone got, or does anyone know, much about the Certina DSH-001?

Can find a few around on the internet but basically no info, and nothing on the Certina vintage page. I suspect it was never officially released as a model because the rotors are all much more simply branded (C.E.P) than others I've seen of that era, and it uses an ETA 2789 rather than anything labelled as a Certina movement.

I've been looking for something a bit quirky from the 80s and the fume dial & odd case shape of one of these is tempting.

Outstanding Sir

Apprentice

i am seiko fan.......

i am not a fan, but i really like it!!!!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    Nice, I see you have the plongeur hands added to the DS3 re-issue.
    I have always been slightly tempted to do this, but go a little further and paint the hands white and orange, and even the outer markers red or orange. I think it would look great, and a whole load better than the wierd hands they originally issued these with.
    D
    I bought this off sales corner almost 10 years ago. The ex owner changed the hands... I might even have the original hands somewhere but never cared to change it back.

Then due to some change in this forum (i was not active for over 10 years, taking watch purchase abstinence seriously) and now it seems i can no longer access the sales corner. I suspect i need to bump up my post count and what better way to post pics of watches here and there...

My DS3 Chrono re-issue

Lovely!

Quote Originally Posted by RAT2410 View Post
    My DS3 Chrono re-issue

Another one..

DS Action Sea Turtle conservancy LE

Same as mine. I'm awaiting delivery of the bracelet from Certina. Yours looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by RAT2410 View Post
    Another one..

DS Action Sea Turtle conservancy LE

Thanks, it’s a good bracelet with a glide lock type adjustment on the clasp, you won’t be disappointed.

The bracelet arrived today and those who said I wouldn’t be disappointed were correct:

The bracelet arrived today and those who said I wouldn’t be disappointed were correct:
    Great looking combo. It's a damn good bracelet - beats everything else I have for comfort and adjustability, and is only beaten by Damasko's ~£500 effort for quality.

It wears larger on the bracelet as expected but the quality is excellent and the glide-clasp is fantastic.

In 2004 I bought my first 'high end' watch; an Omega 2264. I'd wanted one for years and buying one from an AD was a 'moment' for me. I wore the watch daily for ten years until I fell out of love with it.

Between then and now I must have had circa 50 divers through my ownership so I know what I do and don't like. I can honestly say that this Certina is as close to that Seamaster as I've ever found.

The dimensions of the two are very similar, as are the lugs and crown guards. Actually even the crown and its action are similar. What annoyed me about the Seamaster was the lack of micro-adjustment on the bracelet; I never got an ideal fit in ten years. This Certina not only has micro-adjustment, it also has a glide-clasp which at this price-point is fabulous.

The bezel action is firm and crisp with only a tiny bit of play. The bezel on the Omega was very difficult to turn due to the design, this is a well-known criticism. The Certina's Powermatic automatic movement is excellent, returning a very consistent 2spd when worn regularly and has an 80 hour power reserve.

What I really love about the Certina is the high-glass dial. Combined with the anti-reflective coating on the sapphire crystal, sometimes it looks like a liquid-mirror finish.

There are lots of brands and even more watches in the Swiss made category and prices are wildly different and I, like others here, have often wondered whether there's genuinely such a difference to justify those price differentials.

When you consider that this Certina costs around a tenth of the price of a current SMP, I think Certina's offer is rather excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    Great looking combo. It's a damn good bracelet - beats everything else I have for comfort and adjustability, and is only beaten by Damasko's ~£500 effort for quality.

Craftsman
    I'm reviving this thread, having become a fairly recent fan of Certina. I acquired the 2018 DS PH200m, then the Blue Heritage DS PH200m. Both are incredible value for money, well made, lovely character and an accurate movement. My 2018 version runs at -3 secs per day and the Heritage at +2 secs per day.

Based on this I've just picked up the Heritage DS Super PH500M.

I've never had an orange dialled watch before but there's a first time for everything. Anyone thinking of getting a Certina, they offer a lot of watch for the money and I'm very happy to have three in my collection.......

A new arrival for me, the new Certina DS Action Diver 38 mm. I've had many Certinas before, including both the old and new 43 mm versions of the Action Diver. This one I think is just right. 38 mm, 300 meters WR and 80 hours power reserve, all for £535 brand new.

That's very nice, the proportions really work. How thick is it?

It’s 12.2 mm.

Thanks, I really like the look of it and I see they do a blue one.

I might have to venture out and try one in a shop... Gulp.

Interested to know how the 2 PH200s wear and what size wrist you are, I normally would say my max is 42mm and humming and hawing over whether to try one of these or go for a Rado Capt Cook 42.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveDSSD View Post
    I'm reviving this thread, having become a fairly recent fan of Certina. I acquired the 2018 DS PH200m, then the Blue Heritage DS PH200m. Both are incredible value for money, well made, lovely character and an accurate movement. My 2018 version runs at -3 secs per day and the Heritage at +2 secs per day.

Based on this I've just picked up the Heritage DS Super PH500M.

I've never had an orange dialled watch before but there's a first time for everything. Anyone thinking of getting a Certina, they offer a lot of watch for the money and I'm very happy to have three in my collection.......

Master
    I get the feeling there is increasing interest with the brand which is a great thing.
    I’ve owned two previously and very much hoping to add a third this week.

We seem to be Seiko one end and Rolex the other . If you want a Rolex alternative most will move into Omega’s. I’d strongly suggest anyone who may be thinking about adding yet another Seiko Diver then Certina can certainly scratch the itch . No bezel issues, crowns are rock solid and lume is perfectly acceptable IMO better than Longine divers

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by TBKBABAB View Post
    Interested to know how the 2 PH200s wear and what size wrist you are, I normally would say my max is 42mm and humming and hawing over whether to try one of these or go for a Rado Capt Cook 42.
    It's always difficult to judge size and fit from photo's I think. I've got a 7.25 inch wrist and these don't seem any larger than a Seamaster 42mm 300m to me and as they aren't too tall, they don't seem top heavy and sit nicely on the wrist. The watch that felt the biggest for me was a Laco 42mm B-UHR, which was all dial and felt massive!

It's always difficult to judge size and fit from photo's I think. I've got a 7.25 inch wrist and these don't seem any larger than a Seamaster 42mm 300m to me and as they aren't too tall, they don't seem top heavy and sit nicely on the wrist. The watch that felt the biggest for me was a Laco 42mm B-UHR, which was all dial and felt massive!
    Thanks, have a feeling the lug to lug may be more of an issue than the bezel size, it’s basically 52mm. I had a Longines Legend diver but couldn’t get on with it because of the 52.5mm lug to lug.

Master
    This beautiful PH500 is now on the wrist. I’m thinking of grabbing a pre loved precidrive DS action as a beater / backup watch in the next few months

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark lowman View Post
    This beautiful PH500 is now on the wrist. I’m thinking of grabbing a pre loved precidrive DS action as a beater / backup watch in the next few months
    Lovely.........I'm wearing mine today, such a great watch and value for money.

Craftsman
    From watchgeckota you can get a nice BOR bracelet from zuludiver. Pickture borrowed from the net

Master
    From watchgeckota you can get a nice BOR bracelet from zuludiver. Pickture borrowed from the net

The end link fits perfectly, looks excellent

Apprentice

Black dial one in particular is great on that strap. Did you put that on yourself or is it a stock Certina bracelet?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggy View Post
    Black dial one in particular is great on that strap. Did you put that on yourself or is it a stock Certina bracelet?
    The black has a stock Certina bracelet which is £193!!!!!!!! https://www.watch.co.uk/watch-straps...earch=C036407A

The blue in my post has a Watchgecko milanese which is £28 and just as good. https://www.watchgecko.com/merriott-...el-watch-strap

The OEM has links that need to be taken out to fit to size and a butterfly clasp. The Watchgecko has a sliding adjuster, so no links to take out and a flip over clasp.

Only 1 other Square on this thread, happy to be in the unique gang.

Such good value, far cheaper than a Monaco to get a square piece in the collection