closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: La-Zy Spa Hot Tub......Thoughts?

La-Zy Spa Hot Tub......Thoughts?

Considering buying one of the above from the Lazy Spa hot tub range. Anyone have any experience with them?

They are sold out everywhere so would consider a preowned one of anyone wants to get rid of there one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    I bought a Lay Z Spa St Moritz in September. It's one of their larger models for 5-7 adults (allegedly). Ideal for 4 unless you're VERY close friends!

It was great, very hot, in fact we found 40c to be too hot. The air jets are nice but they are pretty noisy. I'd recommend boxing the pump if you can. We also bought the light, drinks holder (essential!) and the floor protector, plus all the chemicals.

The water requires a bit of monitoring to keep on top of chlorine/ pH etc, but it's easy enough with the starter pack of chemicals you can get.

The tub itself seems pretty robust, although long term it'd suffer from UV degradation I imagine. We had to repair a puncture in the lid (also inflatable).

As it happens we are selling ours now that we're moving house, although I think a mate is buying it from us. If he doesn't, then send me a PM of your location and I can send details.

The running costs are not cheap. Our electricity direct debit was increased by about £60pm. You want to keep it at around 25-30c so that you can warm it up quickly when yo want it. It seems to increase in temp by about 1c per hour, so a degree of planning ahead is advised unless you're happy to swallow bigger bills to keep it running all the time.

Overall I'd say they're a good entry in to the hot tub world, cheap upfront, not the cheapest to run but as lots of people aren't spending any money on committing any more, I can see why they're popular!

We got one last year, arrived in June as they sold out during lockdown. Kids used it mostly, we changed the water regularly. Cost quite a bit to run and we're on a water meter so filling it wouldn't have been cheap. Had the insulated cover on when not in use, it got too hot on a sunny day just with the cover on.

May have put the wife off the idea of getting a solid, permanent hot tub (which was my intention), but was fine for lockdown. Would suggest having the insulated part under the base might have reduced costs a little.

Craftsman
    Friend has one and another friend has a proper one there is no comparison really from the noise to the power to the general confort when inside it. Sure the guy said was a good few quid a day if left running. Fun for the kids I'd say but about it

Sent from my VOG-L09 using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Fun for a while, and then the novelty wears off pretty quickly.

Craftsman
    Hot tubs are surely exclusively for swingers?

Thanks for the replies guys. Yes I’m thinking it could be a novelty thing but as mentioned above, I haven’t been able to spend on a holiday for a while to sit in a pool, so may try get one in the summer to sit in my garden!

Fingers crossed for a nice long summer! We all deserve one!

We got a Miami in spring of last year, had great use of it until autumn, kids loved it, does need some work with Chems to keep ph ok etc but the wife really took to the job, as said, gets up to a good heat if you like that, pump is noisy when you want the bubbles but silent if you don’t , ours got pimped up with the light rope thingy but again, more for the kids benefit. All in all I don’t regret it and I’m sure will get use this year too.
    Cheers..
    Jase

We got are old one from Superior Spars and was really happy with it

my sister has a large one that seats 6 , cost a fortune to keep heated and after the 2 week honeymoon period of a new toy is over they mayaswell put some fish in it for all its used.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bazza. View Post
    We got are old one from Superior Spars and was really happy with it

Can I ask about the patio cover you have over your furniture? I’ve been looking at something like that for the patio. Is it fixed in place? Be interested to learn more about it.

Apologies for the OT tangent.

Craftsman
    Trust me, invest in a proper one.
    I know a few with the Lazyspa and as a temporary measure they are ok but really no more than a paddling pool with an air blower.
    Spend the extra, get a proper one and look after the water and you will.have no issues.

Sent from my M2002J9G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gee252 View Post
    Trust me, invest in a proper one.
    I know a few with the Lazyspa and as a temporary measure they are ok but really no more than a paddling pool with an air blower.
    Spend the extra, get a proper one and look after the water and you will.have no issues.

Sent from my M2002J9G using Tapatalk
    Wow that looks a great one! When you say spend the extra......Lazy Spa is approx £700-£1000. Something tells me yours is much higher in price? If you don’t mind me asking what does something like that cost? Thanks

Craftsman
    Like you say a good Lazyspa is 1k and they must be doing something right as they are hard to get hold of but.
    Very little insulation so expensive not run and usually needs draining down in winter.
    As big as they are put 4 people in and its very cosy!
    And to me it's just like sat in a big paddling pool.
    Ours is a Calder spar and although not the cheapest we got it on recommendation as my wife has a bad back and Its great hydrotherapy.

Blue whale spars have some good deals at around 4-5k and offer 0% and.they are good quality hot tubs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonewood View Post
    Wow that looks a great one! When you say spend the extra......Lazy Spa is approx £700-£1000. Something tells me yours is much higher in price? If you don’t mind me asking what does something like that cost? Thanks

We have had (a proper) one for 8 years now - been used an awful lot and it has been worth every penny. Once you get used to the care and maintenance the chemicals are dead simple and nothing to stress about.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Craftsman
    Great fun for a while then once the novelty wears off simply deflate it & put it the garage until next year. Well, that’s how it goes for us anyways. Glad we bought an inflatable one that didn’t cost too much as we do fall in & out of love with it. I put a sheet of Celotex I had laying around under it to help reduce the amount I was heating the ground. If we used it on a more permanent basis I’d probably box it in & add as much insulation around it as possible. All in all great fun with a few beers in the evening watching the stars for not too much money. Got ours from B&Q a few years back for £450 in sale.
    Last edited by wads; 16th February 2021 at 21:38.

Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    Can I ask about the patio cover you have over your furniture? I’ve been looking at something like that for the patio. Is it fixed in place? Be interested to learn more about it.

Apologies for the OT tangent.
    Hi Sir the patio had a full roof which was fixed in place but we found it to hot in the summer and so
    used big triangular sheeting from Ikea which was a deigned as a sun shade to keep the heat down

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bazza. View Post
    Hi Sir the patio had a full roof which was fixed in place but we found it to hot in the summer and so
    used big triangular sheeting from Ikea which was a deigned as a sun shade to keep the heat down

Thanks. So you kept the roof and changed the sheeting so it only covered part of it? Nice work.

Master
    I have the Palm Springs model which has been excellent. No, it's not a proper hot tub but it was also only about £450 on offer - for that sort of money it can't be beaten. It's been great fun and if you look after it, it'll last too. I definitely recommend laying the interlocking foam matting underneath. I'm going to get a proper swim spa once my new house is built, but the Lay-Z-Spa has been a good introduction and a great way of testing the water to see if it has lasting appeal or if it's just a novelty that wares off - the latter is certainly the case for a lot of people I know. I'd say go for it!

Blog Entries
    We have a Riptide Neptune swim spa and what people have said about keeping the chemicals properly balanced is true on all pools and spas. Think checking 2-3 times a week as a minimum. Also heating any of these large amounts of water is expensive so you need to be prepared for that.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Quote Originally Posted by Chinese_Alan View Post
    Hot tubs are surely exclusively for swingers?

Sex ponds.
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

Master
    We’ve got an MSpa and had it a few years. Tend to use it April to September and then it gets packed away. The pump is built in to the wall of the spa so there’s no separate pump to try and hide.
    Our friends bought an updated model this year which they seem to be enjoying. The newer/better models of MSpa seem to be coming equipped with water jets in addition to the traditional air jets which inflatable spas have typically used.

Craftsman
    We managed to pick one up just before the start of the first lockdown and used it all summer, would certainly recommend.

I read quite a few people bought from resellers on eBay last year at inflated prices, but had issues and Lazyspa wouldn’t honour the warranty as it wasn’t purchased from an authorised seller. Just something to keep in mind.