closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: I'm trying to add these two Divers to my collection.

Master

I'm trying to add these two Divers to my collection.

Nothing like the Divers I have allready, but what do you think?

Journeyman

Re: I'm trying to add these two Divers to my collection.

I have an Enzo EM001. Good watch. Weighs about 20lbs with the bracelet. Can be used to anchor a boat. The only problem is the bezel. Enzo is sending me a replacement bezel spring to improve the tension when they get in stock. Right now if I bump the bezel it moves. The case is very similar to the UTS. If you can pick one up in the $500 to $600 range it's a good value. His buffalo and leather straps are a nice quality and for me a good value.

I like the original Doxa's but never got myself around the new company. I don't see innovation, just re-issues of classics that are overpriced. The 5000 looses the traditional Doxa logo at 10 o'clock and starts to look like any other dive watch. The 750 is nice but I would prefer to hunt for a vintage piece.

Dave

Craftsman

I've owned 2 Enzos and they're good value for the money. If you like chunky divers they're great. And Enzo is a pleasure to deal with. They come up frequently on the secondary market.
    I have a Sub750T Sharkhunter incoming. Greatly lookin forward to my first Doxa.

Don't know a thing about the Enzo. I have the Sharkhunter: Nice watch, I like the look, feel, etc...but the crown system is not my favorite. I found it difficult to screw in the crown properly without knowing some tricks--and the crown could be at least 1 to 2mm bigger in diameter. You'll probably be pretty happy with the doxa--especially if the crown thing is not a big deal to you. The 5000 is intriguing--I wonder if they've upped the quality throughout to justify the price increase. The 5000 is almost $3K, so at that price you have to think about others, like the Sinn U1000.

Grand Master

Have no experience with either, although I do like the looks of the Enzo. The Doxa is not a bad looking watch, but I'd not want to deal with Doxa to get one :twisted:
    /vince ..

Craftsman

Always liked the enzo, but couldn't get over the weight. However, the sharkhunter is I think the biggest regret I ever let go. Would snap another one up today if the funds permiteted it.

I'd love to see a lume shot of the enzo.
    I'm not as think as you drunk I am.

Master

OOOOHHHHHH i like that doxa, very nice.
    Hope you get one of them,
    Thanks,
    Andrew

Don't like the top one at all.

The Doxa is a very nice classic style watch that I like a lot.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Master

Doxa for me to. Don't understand about the crown issue from above, have no problems whatsoever with the crowns on my GMT and I am very picky with crowns.

I understand from previous posts that you have a small wrist, as you sold your Fortis Marine Master? In this case the Doxa is right up your street as the one I have is in the same line and sits so nicely on my 6.5" wrist its amazing. If anything I believe Doxa's look a little odd on guys with big wrists because of the shape.

I have both (although my EMV is the black dial version) and can recommend both.

The Enzo is great VFM. It is a big watch, and heavy on the bracelet, but put it on a nice chunky leather strap and it's very wearable :D .

The Doxa is a watch I love the look of, and I have a few of them now, but the 750T Sharkhunter was my first. I think the orange minute hand against the gloss black dial is perfection, and the BOR bracelet is one of the comfiest bracelets I have :)

Good luck, and let us know how you get on :wink:

Blog Entries

That sure is a lot of steel 8)
    I'd say, go for it.

Cheers,

Daddel.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Had exactly that Doxa, sent it back in 2 days as the 'o'ring inside the crown dropped out. The bracelet was very cheap-feeling, reminded me of the bracelets you used to get with 80's casio digitals, and the lume (application and brightness) was absolutely pathetic - worst I've ever seen on any watch!

In spite of that, it was a very cool looking watch, and I loved the style. Enough to put up with the faults? - nope, got a full refund, put me right off the brand :cry:

Master

Well..... I was too slow, the Sharkhunter is gone, but in 3 hours I could be the proud owner of the Enzo.

But still a bit sad..... I really wanted the Doxa..... :cry: Well, thats life (already have my mind set on a Mühle Glashütte Rasmus :)) Or a Maraton Sar......

Master

I got it, and a Maraton Sar (not my own picture) I will post some pictures when I get the watches.