closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: IT Advice Requested: Mac Book Safari MS Office Teams

IT Advice Requested: Mac Book Safari MS Office Teams

I can’t open Teams from the App launcher in MS Office. Keep getting this error message. On-line help seems to be clear Safari cache which I’ve done. Anybody else have this and solved it?

Thanks and regards.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I asked my teenage daughter who uses it for school.

Apparently she can't use it from Safari either. She downloaded the app not from the App Store but directly from Office website. She said the download wasn't the fastest (we have a decent high speed connection) and that she had had to enter her Apple ID, but she has been using it flawlessly for a year.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    I asked my teenage daughter who uses it for school.

Apparently she can't use it from Safari either. She downloaded the app not from the App Store but directly from Office website. She said the download wasn't the fastest (we have a decent high speed connection) and that she had had to enter her Apple ID, but she has been using it flawlessly for a year.
    Ta, managed to open it via Chrome although had to fiddle with some Mac/Chrome keychain palaver that I know nothing about. This technology isn't as simple or useful as it's made out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCasper View Post
    Ta, managed to open it via Chrome although had to fiddle with some Mac/Chrome keychain palaver that I know nothing about. This technology isn't as simple or useful as it's made out to be.
    Apparently you're much better using the app from Office.com to access linked docs etc. Using it through a browser is akin to accessing emails from your browser instead of a dedicated email client, if I understood correctly.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Master
    I use Teams for work on a Mac. Browser version is cack. Got to get the client. If you install it, then have a link to access a meeting / whatever it should work, even if you want to be a 'guest'.

Use the app, web version is pants.

Have been using App, it hammers battery, CPU and fan. Have reverted to browser.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCasper View Post
    Have been using App, it hammers battery, CPU and fan. Have reverted to browser.

I noticed this on my Macbook Air. Any Teams meeting, through the app, always sets the fans whirring.

I can intensively use graphics/image software, listen to music, have multiple apps open all day long, and nothing. But the second I start a meetng in Teams it sounds like a Chinook hovering over the house.

Master
    I have a brand new decent spec (i7, four core) Windows 10 laptop for work and it still sounds like a jet engine when Teams is running. I wonder why it's so intensive?

Once of the chats/channels I'm in on Teams is for announcements. If I ever put something in there I just go and make a coffee, the GIFs being hammered make the fans go full blast. I thought it was down to the low spec work laptop also powering two external displays but maybe not.

Master
    You will need to allow Teams to use Microphone & Camera in the privacy settings on a Mac also look in the Teams setting & turn off accelerator so not so resource hungry.