closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: A little info for Everest owners

A little info for Everest owners

The brushed centre section of the clasp is a real scratch magnet. To save yourself some angst, and protect the finish and logo I can recommend using some heli tape. It's designed for this type of protection, the tape I put on my road bike on the top tube, under the down tube and various rub points is still on after 7 years. You can also make a case back protector to stop the dreaded Nato burn if using those straps. If you cut it accurately to size for the clasp it's virtually invisible. I bought mine from Paragon Tapes, just click on the link to their ebay store. It's not expensive and a little goes a long way.
    F.T.F.A.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    The brushed centre section of the clasp is a real scratch magnet. To save yourself some angst, and protect the finish and logo I can recommend using some heli tape. It's designed for this type of protection, the tape I put on my road bike on the top tube, under the down tube and various rub points is still on after 7 years. You can also make a case back protector to stop the dreaded Nato burn if using those straps. If you cut it accurately to size for the clasp it's virtually invisible. I bought mine from Paragon Tapes, just click on the link to their ebay store. It's not expensive and a little goes a long way.
    Cellotape also works and is transparent.

Master
    I use Heli Tape on my Rolex clasps. Great for avoiding desk diving marks.

Steve

Master
    The rolex rep in my AD said she uses something that apparently can withstand a scalpel across it. Some sort of clear film

I've used Heli tape on exposed motorbike parts (front forks, frame, around ignition locks, etc), underwater camera housings and car door mirrors with good results.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashtons99 View Post
    The rolex rep in my AD said she uses something that apparently can withstand a scalpel across it. Some sort of clear film
    Maybe not a scalpel but some ppf tape is self healing.

I have used ppf tape on my mountain bike , in many ways its better than heli tape in that it doesnt yellow. I dropped a metal bar on the top tube of my mtb during a house move. The tape was chipped, the paint below was fine. I was stunned!

Just bought 2 m of heli tape as I have ordered a new E bike for my wife and as Ralphy has mentioned above its great for protecting any cable rub or shoe contact. If it can stand that a watch clasp is a walk in the park!
    Last edited by higham5; 15th February 2021 at 09:19.

Journeyman
    Grey skies, a salty cool breeze, endless green fields, the sound of seagulls.
    Or just don't worry about it. Yes, the first scratch hurts, but after that you will be a lot less anxious about it.
    The caseback and clasp on my Everest are scratched to hell after almost a year of wearing it. That's how they are supposed to look ;)

Quote Originally Posted by sier View Post
    Or just don't worry about it. Yes, the first scratch hurts, but after that you will be a lot less anxious about it.
    The caseback and clasp on my Everest are scratched to hell after almost a year of wearing it. That's how they are supposed to look ;)
    Yep, I’m in the same place as you on this....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Things have moved on from Fablon then...

Sent from my HRY-LX1T using Tapatalk

Many moons ago I used to use the girlfriend's clear nail varnish. These days, I just don't care.
    "Owning one is almost as satisfying as making one." ~ Rolex 1973

Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post
    Many moons ago I used to use the girlfriend's clear nail varnish. These days, I just don't care.
    But back to watches....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk