closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Recommend me a bottle of red (please).

Craftsman
    This stuff. St Emillion Grand Cru 2018. Available at Lidl for £10-11. Sorry I forgot how much exactly, but it's cracking.

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk

Recommend me a bottle of red (please).

I bought this £4 cheapy to add half a bottle into a coq au vin, and I was very pleasantly surprised by the other half bottle leftover which I drank. I wasn’t expecting that at such a cheap price.

Better than some of the £6 to £8 stuff I normally drink.

It’s now a midweek cheaply favourite, and can be bought in store.

https://www.aldi.co.uk/animus-portug...05731418394800

The more expensive Douro from same company is absolutely fantastic and punches above its weight.

https://www.aldi.co.uk/portuguese-do...75724270716800

Contino Rioja Reserva - single vinyard selection from the Cune wine makers....

Try Trivento Eolo Malbec my wife got me to try some, it’s very nice

Master
    Meant to update this thread ages ago.
    I ended up buying these two from aldi (excuse terrible pic), really really enjoyed the Zinfandel, the other one, meh, prob rather stick ro my usual rioja/malbec.

After all the talk on here purchased these 2 from morrisons yesterday;

Actually quite nice, bordering on being a little bit sweet maybe? I had had a couple of beers prior to it so maybe that didn't help.

Anyway thanks for expanding my horizons a little. I have found a majestic wines that I can visit on the way home from work too so may call in there soon to try some of the serious stuff :-)

Master
    I think this takes some beating, the 2010 is slightly better but beggars can’t be choosers n all that

Quote Originally Posted by Hooshabak View Post
    I think this takes some beating, the 2010 is slightly better but beggars can’t be choosers n all that

Indeed - Bataille is a fantastic wine. I am still working through a case of bottles and a case of magnums (ordered the magnums en-primeur as in peak years, are not in the same demand as bottles).