closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Omega pricing/place in market

Journeyman

Omega pricing/place in market

Off the back of my other thread about 0% and discount. Where do omega see themselves in the market with Tudor so big now? Also Breitling etc. The price of the 300m has gone up a awful lot in the past 2 years how can they justify it. Tudor is now sat at the pricing Omega was 2 years ago. I would love to see the sales figures from all luxury brands

Blog Entries
    Pardon?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Saints2014 View Post
    Off the back of my 73 other threads asking the same question in roundabout ways. Where do omega see themselves in the market with Tudor so big now? Also Breitling etc. The price of the 300m has gone up a awful lot in the past 2 years how can they justify it. Tudor is now sat at the pricing Omega was 2 years ago. I would love to see the sales figures from all luxury brands
    FTFY

You’re welcome chap

Sales figures are readily available.

Omega don’t see themselves in competition with Tudor. Omega are the second largest watch seller, by value, in the world, only second to Rolex, and the group owns the number three, Longines.

Cartier were number two in 2013! Now slipped quite a bit to number four.

https://www2.deloitte.com/content/da...udy%202020.pdf
    Last edited by Omegamanic; 13th February 2021 at 20:21.
    It's just a matter of time...

I don’t think Omega are at all worried about Tudor and IMHO they are way ahead of Breitling at the current time - and as for the Omega Diver 300m which I think you were referring to I believe it’s one of the best value divers watches around.

Master
    Pricing? They charge what they think the market will pay. Dont need to justify anything.

The price of the 300m has gone up a awful lot in the past 2 years how can they justify it.
    I think the fact they have been universally SO well received, they absolutely don't need to justify it. In all the opinions of that watch I have read(way more than plenty) I haven't read a single one suggesting it was overpriced, that should tell you something.

The price of the 300m has gone up a awful lot in the past 2 years how can they justify it.
    By the fact people keep buying them.

Tudor aren’t big yet, the general public are barely aware of them, and have a very limited range of models priced from £2-4K.

Omega sponsor the biggest sporting event on the planet, been around forever and have a large collection of models, they produce more Speedmaster varieties than the whole Tudor line up. And have watches from £3-50k.

Why compare the two brands at all, there are loads of brands competing at their price points.

- - - Updated - - -

Tudor aren’t big yet, the general public are barely aware of them, and have a very limited range of models priced from £2-4K.

Omega sponsor the biggest sporting event on the planet, been around forever and have a large collection of models, they produce more Speedmaster varieties than the whole Tudor line up. And have watches from £3-50k.

Why compare the two brands at all, there are loads of brands competing at their price points.

Craftsman
    That was a really interesting read, thanks for sharing.

I agree with other comments, Omega and Tudor are not playing in the same spaces for the mass market.

My non watch friends have no idea who Tudor are, without explaining their history they would probably guess a Rolex knockoff, especially when looking at the older Rolex signed cases.

Whereas Omega are a well known and established brand known for the Olympics, James Bond's watch, the watch on the Moon, multiple Celebrity ambassadors, the years of history, adverts in magazines, newspapers, prominent location in Jewellers they have etc etc.

Blog Entries
    OP: Thought you got an Omega in December - have you changed your mind?

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...Seamaster-blue

Master
    I don't think Omega pricing is off any mark it's still a value if you consider what others are charging. Do not accept that statement as I like what current prices are for watches either.

Prices even for vintage watches are climbing into the stratosphere soon the average collector won't be able to afford even those.

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    FTFY

You’re welcome chap
    😂😂😂

OP: you are a bot and I claim my £5!

Craftsman
    I own several Omegas and Tudors and as reasonably priced daily wearers I think either are hard to beat. My Tudors range from 1956 to the present day. My 2 earliest ones consist of all Rolex marked parts ... case, caseback, crown and bracelets with the only exception being that they uses ETA variants. They may be seen as a poor mans Rolex to those who don’t know the history but for those of us who know, they’re pretty cool timepieces. In my Omega collection I have several modern pieces but opt to wear my Speedmaster 4.5 and 125 as they are just so individual.