closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Automatic movement watch worth 500 pound

Automatic movement watch worth 500 pound

im probably trying to ask for to much but its a friendly forum and ill learn something.

What movement will be still be 500 .. im looking at simple movement there is so little choice now eta 2824 or in house .. so thinking vintage but what would you buy for 500 ..

Its a very open ended question but thinking omega or longines or ?? but which one

thanks

Sent from my SM-N976B using TZ-UK mobile app

I think you will be surprised
    £500 will get you quite a few micro brands around that mark using ETA, seiko and Citizen movements.
    Vintage at this price point is a bit of a gamble but if you go for lesser known / defunct makers you can get some interesting watches at this price point.
    If it were not for lock down I would happily let you have a look at a few I have as I also live in Ealing.
    For £500 I would look at our hosts options first of all vintage looks with good built quality and modern materials.

Quite a few vintage Bulova divers (very good quality) can be found at that price:P

How about something like this for £465?

https://www.hamiltonwatch.com/en-gb/...-kingauto.html

I have a Hamilton Khaki Scuba dive watch with the same 80hr movement and it has been fantastic.

There are a fair few new choices around £500. I have lots of vintage watches and they are great value, but for everyday wear you do have to budget for a service.

Plenty of Zenos in that budget. Some of the limited edition stuff have vintage movements.

Do your homework if going vintage. My advice would be to buy from a trusted seller on SC. £500 could get you a very nice Longines etc but as said above you may have to factor in a service.

For non vintage and if you’re prepared to go preowned, £500 opens a lot of options. Some brands suffer from big depreciation but are still very well made watches. Think outside of the more popular options and you can really get a bargain.

As an example I picked up this few months old Mühle for £460 (rrp around £1200). The case finishing is superb, the Sellita sw200 movement is well finished (blued screws etc with their own regulator replacing the regular one) and it is very well regulated out of the factory. Many other brands are similar in this respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Tetley View Post
    Do your homework if going vintage. My advice would be to buy from a trusted seller on SC. £500 could get you a very nice Longines etc but as said above you may have to factor in a service.

For non vintage and if you’re prepared to go preowned, £500 opens a lot of options. Some brands suffer from big depreciation but are still very well made watches. Think outside of the more popular options and you can really get a bargain.

As an example I picked up this few months old Mühle for £460 (rrp around £1200). The case finishing is superb, the Sellita sw200 movement is well finished (blued screws etc with their own regulator replacing the regular one) and it is very well regulated out of the factory. Many other brands are similar in this respect.

That’s very nice, especially at that price point.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Most watches from the Swatch stable, so Omega, Longines, Certina, Hamilton, and some Tissot will have ETA movements.

Then, as said above buying used or vintage options up lots of options at that price point.
    It's just a matter of time...

Apprentice
    I'd look at Chris. Ward.