closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Where to get quality spring bars?

Master

Where to get quality spring bars?

Pardon the rather school boy question - while play fighting with my son the spring bar popped out of my Omega 2254 rubber strap and needs to be replaced. Obviously I'm keen not to use something that is likely to fail again in the future. Where is the best place to source the right quality?

I have bought lots from eBay, I have never had an issue, I do tend to replace all spring bars after 18 months 2 years though.
    Unbelievably the only spring bar that I have had fall apart on my was an OEM Tudor / Rolex spring bar. It fell apart the day I bought my Pelagos. Tudor replaced it obviously.
    Last edited by Sinnlover; 14th February 2021 at 12:20.

I got some Barton spring bars recently off Amazon. Not the cheapest but much better quality than a lot of what’s out there.

Craftsman
    Bought a number of spring bars from this ebay trader and no issues so far with them;

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/davidanth...geomegawatches

Ofrei spring bars are top quality. I get mine from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can get the replacement Omega (OEM) spring bars from Cousins.

Master

Titanium spring bars — do they exist?

How much do spring bars vary in quality, and how do you know which is high-quality?

Also, has anyone seen titanium spring bars?

Grand Master
    I use the ones Cousins sell, can’t see any problems with them. It pays to measure carefully with a digital caliper to get the size which fits properly. The end that fits in the lugs can vary in diameter, the single shoulder ones are slightly thicker .

I may be wrong, but I seem to remember reading that Omega use slightly different spring bars for the rubber & bracelet. Is that correct?
    ______

​Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    I use the ones Cousins sell, can’t see any problems with them. It pays to measure carefully with a digital caliper to get the size which fits properly. The end that fits in the lugs can vary in diameter, the single shoulder ones are slightly thicker .

Another vote for Cousins. I bought a few packs in both 20 and 22mm (standard, curved and shoulderless, various thicknesses) some months ago due to clearance issues on some watches when fitting Haveston canvas straps, they've all been fine.
    F.T.F.A.

Hirsch springbars from Watch Obsession - top quality bars, lots of sizes, and very fair price.

Quote Originally Posted by Dougal View Post
    How much do spring bars vary in quality, and how do you know which is high-quality?

Also, has anyone seen titanium spring bars?
    I believe the spring bars used on the Sinn U1 are titanium, something to do with compatibility with the submarine steel? I was sent a small vial of spring bars by Sinn after I requested some when I sent the watch in for service and they were marked as titanium on the service receipt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    Hirsch springbars from Watch Obsession - top quality bars, lots of sizes, and very fair price.
    £10 for 100, I'd say that's a fair price ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Gren View Post
    £10 for 100, I'd say that's a fair price ;-)
    Could go nuts and do a group buy

Journeyman
    I must have been very lucky as both times I’ve needed springbars (once for a Breitling Cosmonaute and once for my moonwatch) I’ve asked in the respective boutiques and been given them for free despite asking how much they were to buy. Although slightly annoyingly the Breitling guy gave me the wrong diameter and I’m still using the old ones (one of which has become stiff and sticks through swapping straps so often) as with lockdown I’m yet to go back.

So unless you need a box of 100 maybe ask nicely next time you visit a boutique?

I have been experiencing mainly spring bars from strapcode and watchgecko for aftermarket ones.
    I would say the watchgecko ones are quite good for the money, some of the ones I found the most reliable!
    The sturdiest ones I tried were oem ones from sinn, stowa and hanhart

Hope it helps!

Envoyé de mon E5823 en utilisant Tapatalk