closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Discount and 0%

Journeyman

Discount and 0%

Looking at a omega smp blue. I know some dealers do 0% finance do they also do a discount? I know around 13% to 20% can be had off these watches

Journeyman
    I think realistically you can get one or the other. The AD pays the finance company commission which essentially amounts to your discount.

Craftsman
    I’m going back a few years but I asked the same thing re. an orange Planet Ocean I had my eye on and everyone said one or the other. In the end, I got both and didn’t really need to try. That was with Ernest Jones if I remember rightly.

Quote Originally Posted by Iain73 View Post
    I think realistically you can get one or the other. The AD pays the finance company commission which essentially amounts to your discount.
    I’ve always been told exactly this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Ive just rang Ernest Jones they do do discount on Omega 0% or nothing!!!

Craftsman

Discount and 0%

Omega have tightened the reigns and it’s not as easy as it was a year or so back

If needs be take out a 0% credit card, plenty available.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Saints2014 View Post
    Ive just rang Ernest Jones they do do discount on Omega 0% or nothing!!!
    Lol don’t do? I achieved a £600 discount and 0% in Silverburn’s Ernest Jones in Glasgow.

On a similar note, I recall mostly everyone saying that I wouldn’t get a Hulk unless I had a relationship with the AD. Walked in to WoS in Glasgow and had one on my wrist within a month or so. Lucky, changed days or both.

Master
    I have been told one of the other but have achieved it before. Negotiated a discount and then enquired about interest free. The discount then changed but was still nearly 10%

Just my opinion but I suggest you don't get into credit over a watch. It's just a needless luxury item at the end of the day, not worth debt IMO.

The only scenario where I think taking out credit makes sense is if you're perfectly comfortable to pay the bill, but would rather have the money sitting in a savings account earning interest while you pay off the credit at 0%. However even that isn't really worthwhile anymore with savings rates now so low. Also bear in mind this can impact your credit score.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Saints2014 View Post
    Looking at a omega smp blue. I know some dealers do 0% finance do they also do a discount? I know around 13% to 20% can be had off these watches
    Are you after one on a bracelet or strap?

Journeyman
    A bracelet

Quote Originally Posted by MTM84 View Post
    Lol don’t do? I achieved a £600 discount and 0% in Silverburn’s Ernest Jones in Glasgow.

On a similar note, I recall mostly everyone saying that I wouldn’t get a Hulk unless I had a relationship with the AD. Walked in to WoS in Glasgow and had one on my wrist within a month or so. Lucky, changed days or both.
    Omega are now starting to tighten up on discount.
    I also remember many years ago getting discount and 0% on a planet ocean. I think now it’ll be a tougher job as Omega move to “waiting lists” for certain pieces, boutiques etc.

Not Impossible, but much more unlikely now I’d say.

Master
    If you need both discount and 0% interest to buy a watch, you shouldn’t be buying a watch.

Last year I was talking to CW Sellors (I think) about a new Sinn 140 and they eventually offered a discount and interest-free but would not put it in writing until I agreed - impression was they didn't want me using the quote to price-match. Didn’t go with it as I ended up finding what I really wanted, a Lemania 5100 142, but being firm and saying “no discount on interest-free or no sale” seemed to work.

Regards

Jon.

Quote Originally Posted by StampeSV4 View Post
    Last year I was talking to CW Sellors (I think) about a new Sinn 140 and they eventually offered a discount and interest-free but would not put it in writing until I agreed - impression was they didn't want me using the quote to price-match. Didn’t go with it as I ended up finding what I really wanted, a Lemania 5100 142, but being firm and saying “no discount on interest-free or no sale” seemed to work.

Regards

Jon.
    You dodged a bullet there anyway. See Tony's LTF issues. I wouldn't touch jura/Sellors however much of a deal they offered.

Quote Originally Posted by MTM84 View Post

Are you going to advise the fella on how this happened or are you only going to brag how brilliant you are?

Quote Originally Posted by manganr View Post
    You dodged a bullet there anyway. See Tony's LTF issues. I wouldn't touch jura/Sellors however much of a deal they offered.
    Yes, saw that - reckon I’d probably be in the same boat as Tony otherwise!

I’m sticking to vintage in future.

Regards

Jon.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairn1980 View Post
    Omega are now starting to tighten up on discount.
    I also remember many years ago getting discount and 0% on a planet ocean. I think now it’ll be a tougher job as Omega move to “waiting lists” for certain pieces, boutiques etc.

Not Impossible, but much more unlikely now I’d say.

Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by ach5 View Post
    If you need both discount and 0% interest to buy a watch, you shouldn’t be buying a watch.
    What if he just wants them both?

No, don't bother...

M

Sent from my ASUS_X00PD using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Master
    Blog Entries
    For my Tudor I got a 20% discount and % credit card.

For a sinn U1 from Jura I was told I could either have a discount of 10% (not advertised) a decent PX allowance or 0%, but only one of the 3. I chose the PX

Quote Originally Posted by ach5 View Post
    What a stupid statement
    Wanting the best price/deal doesn’t mean you can’t afford it......ridiculous

What a stupid statement
    He said need, not want.

Blog Entries
    Are Proplof’s still hard to come by and has anyone achieved any discounts

Ta

Pitch

Master
    What a stupid statement
    Needing to pay for a watch on credit (albeit 0%) suggests you shouldn't be buying it.

If you can't afford to buy it twice, you can't afford it.