closing tag is in template navbar
Time Factors Watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who wants a free headshot (post-lockdown)?

Master
    Blog Entries
    The site seems to load pretty instantaneously on Chrome just now.

There's plenty of useful information for prospective clients. The only thing that jarred with me a little were the cancellation terms - I appreciate you don't want to be messed around but having to give three days notice to rearrange an appointment (and just the once) might put me off a little (I'm thinking someone taking suddenly ill stands to lose out unless you vary your terms)

But other than that, all the very best for when we can leave homes and your new venture has the chance to take off :)

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Edit: Just tested the site again and got the following result. Performance has gone down a bit since I've added new elements, but a full load speed of 2 seconds could be worse. I'll see if there's anything i can do to improve it, but at least the other elements of the test scored highly.
    I just sent you an email with a pdf.
    Please bear in mind that there is a lot of good about your site that neither my post or others will mention: we are indeed trying to bring whatever little knowledge/expertise we have in our respective domains to view your site with a critical eye, so we miss out on what you know about competition in your field and whatever we say is just meant to bring your attention to some points
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Quote Originally Posted by JonRA View Post
    The site seems to load pretty instantaneously on Chrome just now.

There's plenty of useful information for prospective clients. The only thing that jarred with me a little were the cancellation terms - I appreciate you don't want to be messed around but having to give three days notice to rearrange an appointment (and just the once) might put me off a little (I'm thinking someone taking suddenly ill stands to lose out unless you vary your terms)

But other than that, all the very best for when we can leave homes and your new venture has the chance to take off :)
    Thank you, Jon, and I'm glad it loaded quickly for you.

I did think very carefully about the cancellation terms (and this is the last of a few iterations, in fact), but went with the advice that I received in the end. Bear in mind that studios can be booked and other punters (or do I mean munters?) turned away, so cancellations and reschedules can have both direct and indirect cost implications. i'll think about it again, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    I just sent you an email with a pdf.
    Please bear in mind that there is a lot of good about your site that neither my post or others will mention: we are indeed trying to bring whatever little knowledge/expertise we have in our respective domains to view your site with a critical eye, so we miss out on what you know about competition in your field and whatever we say is just meant to bring your attention to some points
    Yes, and it's appreciated, Marc. Thanks mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    I just sent you an email with a pdf...
    Not received, Marc

Who wants a free headshot (post-lockdown)?

Not again

Gave it another try on the mail to.
    Last edited by Saint-Just; 6th March 2021 at 00:31.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Thanks for all the input yesterday, everyone. I've slept on it and made a few changes (navigation, terms, footer, etc) that I think have improved the site.

All the views expressed are much appreciated.

Wish you success with your venture Tony. May I ask what camera(s) you'll be using?

BW

dunk
    "I know not how to abstain from reading" Samuel Pepys

Quote Originally Posted by sundial View Post
    Wish you success with your venture Tony. May I ask what camera(s) you'll be using?

BW

dunk
    Thanks very much, Dunk. I’ll be shooting with my a7RII and a 90mm f2.8 (actually a macro - it’s super-sharp).

Right, everyone, I’m up to 18 people now so I’m going to call it a day in terms of anyone else coming along.
    Last edited by learningtofly; 9th March 2021 at 14:13.