closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who wants a free headshot (post-lockdown)?

Master
    Blog Entries
    The site seems to load pretty instantaneously on Chrome just now.

There's plenty of useful information for prospective clients. The only thing that jarred with me a little were the cancellation terms - I appreciate you don't want to be messed around but having to give three days notice to rearrange an appointment (and just the once) might put me off a little (I'm thinking someone taking suddenly ill stands to lose out unless you vary your terms)

But other than that, all the very best for when we can leave homes and your new venture has the chance to take off :)

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Edit: Just tested the site again and got the following result. Performance has gone down a bit since I've added new elements, but a full load speed of 2 seconds could be worse. I'll see if there's anything i can do to improve it, but at least the other elements of the test scored highly.
    I just sent you an email with a pdf.
    Please bear in mind that there is a lot of good about your site that neither my post or others will mention: we are indeed trying to bring whatever little knowledge/expertise we have in our respective domains to view your site with a critical eye, so we miss out on what you know about competition in your field and whatever we say is just meant to bring your attention to some points
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Quote Originally Posted by JonRA View Post
    The site seems to load pretty instantaneously on Chrome just now.

There's plenty of useful information for prospective clients. The only thing that jarred with me a little were the cancellation terms - I appreciate you don't want to be messed around but having to give three days notice to rearrange an appointment (and just the once) might put me off a little (I'm thinking someone taking suddenly ill stands to lose out unless you vary your terms)

But other than that, all the very best for when we can leave homes and your new venture has the chance to take off :)
    Thank you, Jon, and I'm glad it loaded quickly for you.

I did think very carefully about the cancellation terms (and this is the last of a few iterations, in fact), but went with the advice that I received in the end. Bear in mind that studios can be booked and other punters (or do I mean munters?) turned away, so cancellations and reschedules can have both direct and indirect cost implications. i'll think about it again, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    I just sent you an email with a pdf.
    Please bear in mind that there is a lot of good about your site that neither my post or others will mention: we are indeed trying to bring whatever little knowledge/expertise we have in our respective domains to view your site with a critical eye, so we miss out on what you know about competition in your field and whatever we say is just meant to bring your attention to some points
    Yes, and it's appreciated, Marc. Thanks mate.

I just sent you an email with a pdf...
    Not received, Marc

Who wants a free headshot (post-lockdown)?

Not again

Gave it another try on the mail to.
    Last edited by Saint-Just; 6th March 2021 at 00:31.

Thanks for all the input yesterday, everyone. I've slept on it and made a few changes (navigation, terms, footer, etc) that I think have improved the site.

All the views expressed are much appreciated.

Wish you success with your venture Tony. May I ask what camera(s) you'll be using?

BW

dunk
    "Well they would say that ... wouldn't they!"

Quote Originally Posted by sundial View Post
    Wish you success with your venture Tony. May I ask what camera(s) you'll be using?

BW

dunk
    Thanks very much, Dunk. I’ll be shooting with my a7RII and a 90mm f2.8 (actually a macro - it’s super-sharp).

Right, everyone, I’m up to 18 people now so I’m going to call it a day in terms of anyone else coming along.
    Last edited by learningtofly; 9th March 2021 at 14:13.

Just a quick thank you for everyone who came to the studio today... it was a long day but a lot of fun.

Please bear with me whilst I work my way through the process of retouching all of the selected images. I have a new day job now which is a tad demanding but I’ll do my best to polish them off as quickly as I can.
    Last edited by learningtofly; 1st May 2021 at 22:32.

You did great Tony and thanks for making it so enjoyable and painless for us. It must have been a very long and hard day’s work.

Looking forward to seeing the end results.

Grand Master
    No doubt this will be a successful venture for you Tony and I’m sure we can drum up some business for you too.
    RIAC

Quote Originally Posted by alfat33 View Post
    You did great Tony and thanks for making it so enjoyable and painless for us. It must have been a very long and hard day’s work.

Looking forward to seeing the end results.
    Thanks Simon. You have a lovely family.

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    No doubt this will be a successful venture for you Tony and I’m sure we can drum up some business for you too.
    Thanks mate.Your shots were really good.
    Last edited by learningtofly; 2nd May 2021 at 13:19.

Just a quick example from yesterday, with Kerry's kind permission. Everyone else will just have to wait patiently

Last edited by learningtofly; 5th May 2021 at 07:46.

Really enjoyed meeting you and having my photos taken, Tony.
    I was full of the joys of spring when you told me I had a lovely smile until you then told me part of the job is making the "models" feel comfortable!
    Thanks for having me and I can't wait to see what you've done with my mug.
    Hopefully a bit of social media promotion will drum up some business for you too.
    Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by tobywatches View Post
    Really enjoyed meeting you and having my photos taken, Tony.
    I was full of the joys of spring when you told me I had a lovely smile until you then told me part of the job is making the "models" feel comfortable!
    Thanks for having me and I can't wait to see what you've done with my mug.
    Hopefully a bit of social media promotion will drum up some business for you too.
    Cheers.
    Haha - thanks so much for giving up your time, Toby, you gorgeous hunk!

It was great to meet you and Mark, Tony. Thank you for doing your best to make me look like Brad Pitt, and thank you for putting up with my teenager.

It was great to meet you and Mark, Tony. Thank you for doing your best to make me look like Brad Pitt, and thank you for putting up with my teenager.
    Ditto, Marc. Taina was lovely.

Craftsman
    Hi Tony,

Really nice to meet you yesterday and lovely to chat (albeit briefly!!). Thanks for the photo and best of luck with the new job!

Best wishes,

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Bonny Marco View Post
    Hi Tony,

Really nice to meet you yesterday and lovely to chat (albeit briefly!!). Thanks for the photo and best of luck with the new job!

Best wishes,

Mark
    Ditto, Mark, and thank you.

I just wanted to wrap this up by sharing (without naming names) the output from the headshot day a month back. This is a grab from my website and all the shots were taken on the day save for my other half who appears in the bottom row.

I'd also like to apologise to the three or four TZers who are subject to my photo rotation right now so don't appear below. Those shots do appear regularly and random others drop off the page - it was just luck of the draw today (honest, guv).

I'd like to make a standing offer to TZers and their family members who need a new headshot - I'm prepared to offer a second fully retouched shot for free and will also donate 10% to the fundraiser. All the details are on the website.

Thanks again to everyone who took part - it was hard work but a lot of fun. I even met someone I used to go to school with, completely coincidentally - now the wife of a member here!

Last edited by learningtofly; 4th June 2021 at 07:17.

If your kind offer includes you making day-trips to Scotland, I’ll be up for it. I wish you well.

P.S. if you need any tips on how to frame your shots, just let me know, none of the above are centred.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    If your kind offer includes you making day-trips to Scotland, I’ll be up for it. I wish you well.

P.S. if you need any tips on how to frame your shots, just let me know, none of the above are centred.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Thanks for the kind offer - I'd never have realised

Pleasure to meet you Tony. I'm not one to enjoy having my photo taken, but Tony made for a very relaxed and enjoyable session. Wishing you all the best of the best with the new venture.

Quote Originally Posted by PJdB View Post
    Pleasure to meet you Tony. I'm not one to enjoy having my photo taken, but Tony made for a very relaxed and enjoyable session. Wishing you all the best of the best with the new venture.
    The pleasure was mutual, Phil, and thanks very much for the kind words.