closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Accuracy of Miyota 9015/9039 on your smiths?

Accuracy of Miyota 9015/9039 on your smiths?

So a friend of mine owns a smiths Everest 36mm v1 with the ghost date and he’s had the watch for roughly two years now. He often tells me how it’s keeping perfect time. I own watches with supposedly better movements than the miyota yet they keep much worse time than what he tells me, but I’m amazed and happy to hear his experience.

What experience do others have on here?

Master
    I had an Everest with the 9039 that was my -almost- daily wearer for about a year. It was super reliable and if I remember correctly, ran on average around +3 seconds per day.

Mine has gained a total of 24 seconds since the 16th December (worn daily)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eddie's watches are usually very much spot on.

I had a 9015 in a Helson Skindiver and an Ancon Tank and they were the most accurate watches I gave owned - very impressive.

Regards

Jon.

Regulated well they run extremely accurately, simply put they are very good movements.

You cant go by what is suposed to be better and brand names.

I regulated a £28 Vostok handwinder to lose less than 1 second a day and that was wearing it normally and taking it off at night.

Journeyman
    Grey skies, a salty cool breeze, endless green fields, the sound of seagulls.
    The 9039 in my PRS-25 gains around 7 seconds a day.

Craftsman
    I have the 90S5 in my Lorier Falcon 2 and with normal wear and taking it off at night it runs almost dead even to +1 a day, very impressive. People complain about the rotor noise but to be honest I really never hear it unless I put it up to my ear and flick my wrist, but who really does that anyway.

Craftsman
    My two TF's with this movement are around +5 per day worn/unworn.

As a comparison my Navigator with the Sellita looses 0.5 sec unworn and up to -5 worn per day.

My 36mm is about +2s on the wrist per day. If I leave it back down overnight it'll gain about 6s. I can leave it crown down next night and it slows down to about +3. Happy with that🙂

Still around +2 seconds per day in use. Confimed by one of the android aps

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the input guys, seems like the miyota in the smiths are really keeping great time. Another winning factor with Eddie’s pieces. Now how do I get one again?? 🙄