closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Anyone in Malta?

Master

Anyone in Malta?

Trying to find a definitive date for this years Valletta fireworks if there's still someone that lives there that knows?

Draftsman is our guy there I believe.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Master
    That's the fella - knew there was someone.

Yep! Fireworks are a bit of a national sport here, and are deployed throughout the year. But the firework festival is definitely worth seeing. We live on the other side of the Grand Harbour so we get a pretty good view of it. Ive just checked and can’t see any firm dates from my quick online search. If you do come let me know and we’ll meet for a pint, provided it’s not that bloody awful Cisk.

Master
    I’ve been before for the finale night over the harbour - it’s stunning.
    Just can’t find the definitive dates to book somewhere to stay.
    The main website hasn’t been updated for a couple of years and the Malta tourism are on a go slow responding to emails :(

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by draftsmann View Post
    Yep! Fireworks are a bit of a national sport here, and are deployed throughout the year. But the firework festival is definitely worth seeing. We live on the other side of the Grand Harbour so we get a pretty good view of it. Ive just checked and can’t see any firm dates from my quick online search. If you do come let me know and we’ll meet for a pint, provided it’s not that bloody awful Cisk.
    I visited Malta once and ended up staying in Mosta. Went out to get some lunch one day and there were marching bands throwing fireworks at each other.

Crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Chinese_Alan View Post
    I visited Malta once and ended up staying in Mosta. Went out to get some lunch one day and there were marching bands throwing fireworks at each other.

Crazy.
    Band clubs and football clubs are a thing here for a certain stratum of society. Rivalry between the different clubs is a fact of life. This sometimes becomes quite physical. Every village has an annual weekend festival to celebrate its local parish saint. Ostensibly a religious event, it invariably descends into an orgy of junk food, drunkenness and a little light incest on the side. A late uncle of mine used to live in a village with two football clubs in the same street. The high spot and culmination of their annual village feast (after the saint’s procession and much alcohol fuelled fingering of siblings and cousins) would be a mass street fight between supporters of the two clubs.

“Crazy” doesn’t come close…

Master
    There's a forum called UKFR for fireworks there's a thread or two on there about fireworks in Malta if not join up and ask the question a few are very knowledgeable when it comes to the events in Malta.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Master
    you could also get yourself down to Plymouth in August, they hold the British fireworks championships there every year, from Mountbatten pier in Plymouth Sound..