closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

View Poll Results: Do you have more watches on strap or bracelet?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Strap

36 54.55%
  • Bracelet

30 45.45%

Thread: Do you have more watches on strap or bracelet?

Do you have more watches on strap or bracelet?

For the longest time, I wore watches on straps (including leather, rubber, nato etc) almost exclusively... (often more comfortable, easier to size, and way more options available). But that seems to have changed since last year, now the majorities of my watches are on bracelets.

Do you have more watches on strap or bracelet? (as of present)
    Last edited by tommyzzj; 10th February 2021 at 22:40.

I presume strap covers leather rubber and nato etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    I presume strap covers leather rubber and nato etc?
    indeed! will edit the original post - Cheers;P

Quote Originally Posted by tommyzzj View Post
    indeed! will edit the original post - Cheers;P
    I wasn’t asking for it to change, just clarification as I virtually wear all watches on a NATO or rubber.
    Rarely a bracelet or leather

Strap, as a rule, unless the bracelet is nice.

Tudor BB one I’m currently wearing is nice, so it stays.

Craftsman
    Most of my watches are fix bar military on NATO's, however I've recently bought a Baby Dreadnought and Everest and found the bracelets comfortable, though the clasp on the Everest could be better quality (IMHO) so its now on a leather.

I tend to buy watches with bracelets where possible and regularly change to added straps. I often buy rubber straps but can’t really get on with them and sell them but it doesn’t stop the rinse and repeat process. I do like to swap the aqua terra out to the alligator strap for a different look.

On the whole, bracelets are where it’s at for me

I favour leather as a rule, but it's not a rule I stick to.

I have some watches I hate on leather, others I wear on 'rubber', even a couple on NATOs, although I don't really like them much.

M

PS I just came back to say this whole post sounds somewhat inappropriate without context!
    Last edited by snowman; 11th February 2021 at 16:56.
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

About 80% of those that are regularly worn are currently on a bracelet.

Mostly bracelets. The rest, a mix of rubber or leather - sounds a lot more kinky than it is though.
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    All NATO and elastic.

Bracelets rarely seem worth the premium to me, and if I do get one it rarely stays on the watch for long - usually due to a mix of discomfort, weight, lack of easy microadjustment, and the fact they get so scruffy so easily.

An exception is the Damasko bracelet - admittedly it does lack easy microadjustment, but I got lucky with sizing, and it's super comfy.

Oris Aquis and Certina DS diver are also excellent.

bracelets, my fav being high quality shark mesh types but i only have a couple of those

Never thought about it really, they get changed about all the time so, 'ain't bovvered '

Master
    About 50/50 I think. Maybe 60/40 straps/bracelets.

Another one here who pretty much always tries to buy on a bracelet, then swap and change to whatever I feel like. For quite a few of mine I’ve hunted down OEM straps, post bracelet purchase. I particularly like to do this for Omegas and Tudors, as I find their straps to be really comfortable, if a tad expensive.

Looking at the collection right now, straps are edging it about 60/40. It could all change tomorrow though. Anything to pass the time....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Mostly on bracelets. I tend to buy watches on bracelets as I prefer them generally, but do swap them about with various straps for a change.
    Last edited by oldoakknives; 11th February 2021 at 20:00.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Blog Entries
    Goes in phases. At the moment bracelets mainly but at one time I noticed I’d swapped most onto straps.

Grand Master
    straps. i have three watches on bracelet, a titanium citizen world timer, a seiko turtle on a lumpy engineer, and a rolex exp ii. i have some watches where i've never even fitted the bracelet although i do tend to buy on bracelet if available then buy my own straps. i have well over 20 watches on straps currently.
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Apprentice
    In terms of number of watches - pretty much even bracelet, metal mesh, leather, rubber. No nato straps though.

In terms of wearing time - mostly rubber for the last year (wfh due to covid, metal scratches the laptop/gets in the way), before that back in “normal life” most often wore leather.

Craftsman
    Since lockdown 1.0 I switched to rubber having always previously worn bracelets and less frequently leather.

Mostly straps because I find them more comfortable and they allow me to change the look of the watch regularly. However, I put a few watches on bracelets lately and I’m getting along with them just fine for now.

Master
    Rolex on a bracelet, Panerai on a strap.
    With a few exceptions.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

50/ 50 split but tend to notice I gravitate for a watch with a bracelet when grabbing for something.

Journeyman
    I am still developing my tastes and buy a mix of watches on straps and watches on bracelets. On the whole however I find that I am more likely to wear a watch on a bracelet. One thing I find is that if I am wearing a watch on a strap I tend to fiddle with it more and try different sizing to get comfortable whereas if it is a bracelet I just leave it on for days on end.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    There isn't an exactly 50/50 option!

If a watch is available on a bracelet, I will generally go for that option. Only one of the current watches I have a bracelet for isn't currently on the bracelet, the rest are all on a bracelet if I have one.

If buying, and there is an option, I would always buy with a bracelet, as they are almost always criminally expensive to buy afterwards.
    But I wear nothing on a braelet. Literally nothing. If I get one, it is removed and kept in the box, while I wear the watch on a strap.
    Oh wait, I sometimes wear my HS9 on a Bonklip.
    Of course, with a lot of vintage stuff, there never was a bracelet.
    D

Master
    For a couple of years I wore my explorer 2 on bracelet, then I acquired a black ABP hide strap and added a deployant(ment) to suit. Although the ABP is very high quality and comfortable the gap between the lugs always irritated me so I recently bought a s/h Rubber B and used a spare Rolex clasp to create a great flush-fitting look. My Tudor GMT is also on a Rubber B with Tudor deployment(ant) and that looks good as well.

Master
    80% of mine are on bracelets

I mix it up but if I can get a bracelet for a watch I’ll want it. It does bother me sometimes when I see a watch I like but there is no bracelet available. Do love a nice strap and how it changes it up the look.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I've almost always worn my watches on bracelets - one exception was my MM300s because they are pretty hefty and I found wearing them on the Seiko rubber strap was actually more comfortable. In the last week or so I have put a couple on MN elastic straps, worn loose, and really like them. Comfortable, practical and tidier than a similarly comfortable and practical NATO.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Mechanicals are a 50/50 split between bracelet and strap. 2 steel bracelet, 1 croc or kevlar, and 1 rubber or sailcloth.

G shocks are all full metal.

Given a choice (eg black bay) id always go bracelet and then add straps at a later date if I wanted to.

Try as I might to like straps, I prefer watches with bracelets, just feel more secure to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Robsmck View Post
    Rolex on a bracelet, Panerai on a strap.
    Everything is else bought on a bracelet (if available) but worn on a leather strap.
    I don't do rubber (outside the bedroom).
    I've tried to like Natos but I just don't.

I've just typed the above which is my typical 'position' on bracelets vs straps.
    Then I thought about my current collection - and I use that term loosely as I'm down to 8 watches now (with a couple of them milling about by the exit) - and I have:
    • two with integrated bracelets
    • a metal G shock with a metal bracelet
    • a Garmin sports watch that I've worn through 80% of lockdown 3 which has a rubber strap
    • a mountain bike (and brawling) watch on a Nato for the 'not falling off' thing

so I wouldn't believe a word I say on this topic.

Master
    Bracelet if it has on-the-fly micro-adjustment, onto strap if not. The only two exceptions are Exp-II and Aerospace (which both look so good on bracelet and are light enough for imperfect fit not to be an issue).

Craftsman
    Plenty of bracelets, but veer towards straps. Ironically some watches that came on straps, I have bought bracelets for...

18 of 28 on straps currently
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Master
    Blog Entries
    Straps but I think I prefer a bracelet.

Journeyman
    100% bracelets. I think I've got a bracelet problem and I need to experiment into strap territory.

Mostly straps but I have mainly vintage so not unusual.

That said many of my watches sport neither as they are easier to store as a head only.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    Mostly straps but I have mainly vintage so not unusual.

That said many of my watches sport neither as they are easier to store as a head only.
    I find expandable metal bracelets go well with vintage watches. But they are a bugger to get off.

Craftsman
    I prefer straps find them more comfortable

Sent from my moto g(8) power using TZ-UK mobile app

Bracelet on anything expensive, rubber on a few mid-range and rubber on cheap or gym/exercise stuff.

Pretty close race so far... I did a rough count today and it's about a 60:40 split for me in favour of bracelets now. And I've not worn anything on strap for two or three weeks probably! Will do it tomorrow and see how I get on :P

Journeyman
    80% bracelet 20% strap. But the latter, only because I can’t find a suitable bracelet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I drifted away from bracelets due to the weight penalty, these days if a watch arrives on a bracelet it's immediately removed and if a diver put on to rubber/silicone and a day watch such as the Navigator or Expedition on to leather.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Bracelets for the colder months. Straps for the warmer months.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Bracelet.

It has the welcome side-effect of a wife and 23 yr old son not having thick wrists so aren’t tempted to borrow......

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyzzj View Post
    For the longest time, I wore watches on straps (including leather, rubber, nato etc) almost exclusively... (often more comfortable, easier to size, and way more options available). But that seems to have changed since last year, now the majorities of my watches are on bracelets.

Do you have more watches on strap or bracelet? (as of present)
    I tend to buy my watches on bracelet and then add either a Leather or NATO strap as its a cheaper alternative to doing it the other way round. It’s also great to have 2 or 3 options on each watch.

A third of my watches are currently on bracelets and will remain on them as I think that’s what best suits those specific watches.

The other two thirds are on a mix of rubber, leather and sailcloth - some of which are changed on a regular basis. I recently bought a selection of QR straps for my Offshore Professional, allowing me to change the look very easily.

I don’t like NATOs.

Simon