closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Everest with Commando hands

Craftsman

Everest with Commando hands

I have started to think that the Everest with Commando hands and the lollipop second hand would look great. I can’t escape the association of ‘Commando’ on the dial with the old school Clarke’s footwear for kids. This combination may not be historically correct but I’d like to see a mock up and could be tempted to get my Everest modded. I could go acrylic at the same time.
    What do you think - is this bad craziness. Should I lie down until the desire passes?

Apprentice
    Watches are a fun hobby, why not try it and see how you like it? Personally I might have an issue with the watch dial stating a model name which the watch technically isn't anymore, I think for me such a mod would work better on a dial which is not so clearly specific only to a particular model. Could be a challenge sourcing the correct hands though, unless having both watches already available to mix and match the parts.

Craftsman
    Like both the Everest and Commando for being fairly close in appearance to the Rolex they are modelled on and I'm not quite sure a lollipop second matches the batton hour and minute hands in my humble view.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripley View Post
    I have started to think that the Everest with Commando hands and the lollipop second hand would look great. I can’t escape the association of ‘Commando’ on the dial with the old school Clarke’s footwear for kids. This combination may not be historically correct but I’d like to see a mock up and could be tempted to get my Everest modded. I could go acrylic at the same time.
    What do you think - is this bad craziness. Should I lie down until the desire passes?
    It's the association with the comic from childhood, 'Commando. War Comic for Action and Adventure,' that does it for me.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    It's the association with the comic from childhood, 'Commando. War Comic for Action and Adventure,' that does it for me.
    I loved those comics, maybe there was a subliminal influence to led me to buy the watch.

Quote Originally Posted by gerrudd View Post
    I loved those comics, maybe there was a subliminal influence to led me to buy the watch.
    Heck didn't we all.

Craftsman
    Forgotten about those; when a nipper my Gran used to get me a copy every Saturday. Think I've still got some copies in a box somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripley View Post
    I have started to think that the Everest with Commando hands and the lollipop second hand would look great............
    I don't think that would work.
    "Owning one is almost as satisfying as making one." ~ Rolex 1973

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post
    I don't think that would work.
    You could be right. There doesn’t seem to be much love for the idea. I think this was in the back of my mind, but the lollipop is much smaller to be fair