closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: John Lewis discounts

John Lewis discounts

Bit of a long shot - our large multifunction microwave has just gone pop, and after a few hours pouring over the internet we've picked a new model available only either from Panasonic or John Lewis, is there some trick I'm missing when it comes to getting a good deal from JL, my other half is an essential worker with a 'Blue Light card' but I can't see that JL actually accept the card, like I say a long shot but as the microwave is circ £500.00 chipping the price would be nice.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Bit of a long shot - our large multifunction microwave has just gone pop, and after a few hours pouring over the internet we've picked a new model available only either from Panasonic or John Lewis, is there some trick I'm missing when it comes to getting a good deal from JL, my other half is an essential worker with a 'Blue Light card' but I can't see that JL actually accept the card, like I say a long shot but as the microwave is circ £500.00 chipping the price would be nice.
    Normally the deals are getting money off buying JL vouchers. You then use those to pay for the item. 5% off i.e. £100 for £95 is the type of thing.

They do price match certain other shops, so worth hunting around

You'd get 5% cashback with a health service discount card. It's a visa pre paid card

Definitely makes a difference for big ticket items, even if it is only 5%

John Lewis don’t do discounts or cashback via Quidco etc.

You can use the affiliate link on BA shop to get BA miles for every £1 spent at John Lewis.

Without buying pre-paid cards for cashback, BA miles is about all you can get.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hughtrimble View Post
    They do price match certain other shops, so worth hunting around
    +1.

You could list the product and allow the sleuths here to track a better price.

Some microwave for 600 ,have you shopped around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry should have said - Panasonic NN-CS89LBBPQ

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    John Lewis don’t do discounts or cashback via Quidco etc.

You can use the affiliate link on BA shop to get BA miles for every £1 spent at John Lewis.

Without buying pre-paid cards for cashback, BA miles is about all you can get.
    They used to offer Partner discounts. Not sure if they still do, or at what level though.
    It's just a matter of time...

What does it actually do? what does a £500 microwave do different to a £50 one?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    I always find such questions on this forum amusing. What does a £500 watch do different to a £50 one?!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    Will likely be a convection oven and grill as well as just the nuke device.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It may be worth registering for JL membership which may give a discount code.

Sometimes it is worth sticking the item in your basket and leaving it. You then receive an email 'we've noticed you have left items in your basket' etc and then a discount code.

I recently had this with Jaques website which sent an email with 10% discount code.

JL will prove match any bricks & morter retailer in price as long as it's in stock at that seller.
    They'll be clamping down on discounting I imagine as they and others are losing profits with Covid.
    Sounds like a great microwave for 500 sheets! Panasonic are quality.

First result for me for that product code was ao.com
    Out of stock at present and priced higher than JL, but they're often very competitive and I've only ever had brilliant service from them.

It's also worth checking around for slight modifications to that product code - increasingly, companies receive unique product codes that are the identical product to other companies, it just means they cannot be price matched as the product code is different. Currys etc. often do this, so worth seeing whether there are other, identical variants out there.
    Last edited by hughtrimble; 11th February 2021 at 11:20.

It's Panasonics 31l flatbed multifunction combi microwave, convection, grill and steam, my brother in law and mother in law have earlier versions and are very pleased with the results, can't see them available anywhere else except JL and Panasonic hence the question?
    Being proportionally Yorkshire /Scottish with some European element, paying full price is nothing short of painful

Quote Originally Posted by uktotty View Post
    That's a different model.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    That's a different model.
    Yup that's what I thought

Yup that's what I thought
    Could be just a different colour if that’s not important - that one is silver, yours grey.

Could be just a different colour if that’s not important - that one is silver, yours grey.
    As far as I can tell the one we're after is the latest version, only released last year, the other is a previous version.

Actually it appears that one offers a steam program and the other doesn't,
    Last edited by number2; 11th February 2021 at 15:28.

Quote Originally Posted by deejay View Post
    I always find such questions on this forum amusing. What does a £500 watch do different to a £50 one?!

It's not snark - a £500 Microwave might have functions I'm unaware of having only spent £30 on one...

Master
    JL won't price-match colour variants, even on the same model (which is fair enough I think).

Quote Originally Posted by nickk View Post
    JL won't price-match colour variants, even on the same model (which is fair enough I think).
    Not what I was suggesting.

Master
    A simple google reveals that...

There is currently no discount for NHS workers or Blue Light card members. Although, there are several other ways to save such as shopping the clearance sale or using any of our John Lewis promo codes.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=john...hrome&ie=UTF-8

JL do offer online discount codes but a simple search revealed nothing.

JL do have a free delivery code and extended warranty though which is probably worth any small discount from other suppliers.

AO do it for £469 which JL might price match and still do free delivery and extra 3 years.
    https://ao.com/product/nncf87lbbpq-p...D&WT.z_RTM=PLA

Master
    Not what I was suggesting.
    I understood the Op was looking for a way to garner a discount from JL.