closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Another Lt Ed Oris 65

Another Lt Ed Oris 65

This popped up on my instagram feed.

I must admit this ticks a lot of boxes for me (sucker for non date dials) shame it's 42mm as I do prefer the 40mm sizing. Seems to be nicer than the Hodinkee edition from a few years back, IMHO.

Toying with placing an order, or keep the look out for the older Arabic dial versions at a good price.

Or the original Toppers edition, non maxi dial and no date.

https://cronotempvscollectors.com/en...of-sixty-five/

Master
    Looks good, but agree that 42mm is too large for a vintage inspired dive watch.

Just picked up the two tone steel and bronze version. Wears well

It's great that is a true limited edition of 65, you will never see another person wearing one.

I think this version is rather bland though, IMO there are better versions of the watch e.g the Hodinkee version with faded bezel. The grey dial looks flat, the green lume looks odd against the dial - like a poor relume done in the 70s and 42mm is wrong for a vintage inspired diver. I think the lug to lug dimensions will look a bit strange on a smaller wrist, the grey dial and case combining to make the watch look quite large.

Sorry to be a dampener!

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    It's great that is a true limited edition of 65, you will never see another person wearing one.

I think this version is rather bland though, IMO there are better versions of the watch e.g the Hodinkee version with faded bezel. The grey dial looks flat, the green lume looks odd against the dial - like a poor relume done in the 70s and 42mm is wrong for a vintage inspired diver. I think the lug to lug dimensions will look a bit strange on a smaller wrist, the grey dial and case combining to make the watch look quite large.

Sorry to be a dampener!
    I agree completely and was just about to say the same thing! It looks very "dulled down" and the green lume doesn't help.

Nice, I do prefer the kind of blue version
    A hook up with some jeans brand I think

Craftsman
    I like the faded dial / green lume combo in the images but not sure how if it would be as good in person. I have generally gone off the overall style of the 65 though as I;ve seen more of it. Really loved it on first impressions but less so now. Kind of the opposite to the Rado Captain Cook which I like more the more I see it.

Any members have experience with the Momotaro edition? Aqua green/ blue dial? Is it more green than blue?

Prefer the new aquis LE.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by McBeardy View Post
    Any members have experience with the Momotaro edition? Aqua green/ blue dial? Is it more green than blue?
    Much more aqua green than blue, lovely watch IMO and in the flesh the dial really pops.

Master
    The momotaro edition is a very good looking watch. On first clas watches they were offering it at £1295

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    As has been said, it is definitely more green than blue; the word that comes to mind to me is mint. It's an eye catching color, unlike anything else I've seen. I don't think photographs quite do it justice. I find it a really handsome watch and love the Momotaro strap, too - I bought one last summer and have really enjoyed having it for something different.

4B31EA60-E09D-4AF4-95A2-6DDCCEB26DC8 by J D, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by McBeardy View Post

Journeyman
    I agree. The Whale Shark Aquis LE looks great. Nice that it's for a good cause, too! Would love to see one in the flesh when stores open back up again...

[QUOTE=RustyBin5;5675930]Prefer the new aquis LE. ]