closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's with all the pop ups

One word: Pi-hole.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Master
    The Dickies advert is making this site unusable on mobile!
    Any suggestions for solution?

Quote Originally Posted by g40steve View Post
    The Dickies advert is making this site unusable on mobile!
    Any suggestions for solution?
    Tapatalk Pro. Many slag it off, but it solves the problem. Others will say it also causes problems, but personally I’ve never had an issue with it.

Not only are the ads disruptive they're oddly random, on most sites I get targeted ads for things I've searched. Lego and a home furnishings store in caterham on here....

Yeah, you'll not being getting clicked.

Master
    I’ve got one blocker on my I pad and it’s rubbish to do anything you have to upgrade to their premium version

Master
    I’ve switched over to Brave browser on all my devices. I can’t remember the last time I saw an ad.

I use the Adblocker browser on Android and never see any ads.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Lampoc View Post
    I use the Adblocker browser on Android and never see any ads.
    I use adblocker on windows 10/Chrome and I was getting slaughtered with pop ups yesterday - the problem appears to have solved itself today....... touch wood !

Master
    Finally got rid of all the annoying pop ups, Brave browser for iPad

No more screens jumping, huge adverts making site unusable.

One or two I could accept but every forum or topic post was beyond a joke, so are the privacy settings they make no difference.

Master
    Any help for the advert in the bottom right corner? It keeps popping up and blocking a good quarter of the screen (this is on my phone). There's a cross in the corner but it's just a fraction off the clickable area of the screen. I've had to stop coming on unless I'm on my laptop.

I am not seeing any pop ups anymore on my phone (Android) or my PC but do get popups on my Chromebook, but only the one, when I log in and close it, then its back to normal and all ads are very minimal at the bottom of the screen.

Use Firefox, enable ad blocking.

I recommend the following firefox extentions:
    Privacy badger - Monitors cookie behaviour & blocks the bad ones. PC & Android.
    Absolute Enable right click and copy - Stops websites from disabling your right mouse button. PC only.
    Disable Javascript - For when a website deploys anti-adblock methods. PC Only.

These extensions are my reason for picking / recommending Firefox in the first place.

I've used adblocker for years and never had pop ups or ads.

Master
    Aaaargh, more pop up adverts. This time blocking the entire thread (but fear not, you can "keep scrolling to continue" provided you're not bothered about reading what the thread is about!)!

Is adblock the only solution? I've fought it, but there are now adverts in three imposing positions which make the forum close to unusable on a mobile device.

Master
    I suspect something has changed with the cookies or tracking as every other post on my Twitter feed is for fake watches.

Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak View Post
    Aaaargh, more pop up adverts. This time blocking the entire thread (but fear not, you can "keep scrolling to continue" provided you're not bothered about reading what the thread is about!)!

Is adblock the only solution? I've fought it, but there are now adverts in three imposing positions which make the forum close to unusable on a mobile device.
    Use BRAVE browser. Since using it, I've had no ads and even on YouTube, no interruptions.

Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak View Post

I started to get them the other day, but discovered that my Adblock had stopped working on chrome. Rebooted laptop and it reinstated.

Master
    As others gave said, use Brave as your browser. Stops all ads, been using it for a few years now with no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Ventura View Post
    Use BRAVE browser. Since using it, I've had no ads and even on YouTube, no interruptions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toddy View Post
    As others gave said, use Brave as your browser. Stops all ads, been using it for a few years now with no issues.
    Never heard of it - will give that a go, thanks !